Looking for some genuine tips (Low ELO)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BumburgIar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2012

So I started playing ranked recently. Jumped to 1381 with Udyr wins (3-1) and then promptly lost games from then on with every character I'm good at.

I'm now in the 11XX ELO bracket and I'm seeing people saying "If you don't belong in your ELO, your scores will be good, your awareness and plays will be good, and you won't have to try to get out of the so called "ELO Hell".

I've gone XX/X/XX with Anivia and Kat and been unable to carry a game a grand total of 4 times. Corki I've gone XX/X/X and still been unable to carry after getting that many kills in lane.

I've lost Blitzcrank games with X/X/XX scores due to poor AD's bot lane and junglers not knowing what "Don't dive the turret" means.

Every game, top feeds and I can't gank (Jungle Mundo can't help an Olaf that doesn't know how to right click.)

On top of that, people say that if you speak nicely, others will listen to you when you kindly suggest that they back from the impending triple gank mid that you noticed with your wonderful map. That doesn't seem to happen.

Every game I play, at least 1 if not more players on the other team get as fed as I do and focus me down before I can get them both due to my team herpin and a derpin.

I've played every single role except solo top in my ranked games and of those, I've only won in the mid lane once (6/0/6 Anivia), Jungle with Udyr (XX/X/XX), and support Soraka (X/X/XX).

Any tips as to how I can change my situation?

From,
Your humble low ELO ranked player.

Laptop

04-30-2012

In my opinion, you need to play hyper-carries to get out of Elo hell (assuming there is one). Not only that, a great majority of the people are in their respective elo because they belong there. Instead of playing to get elo, play to get better and eventually you'll find yourself climbing the elo ladder.

BumburgIar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2012

I would agree with the "you're not good enough, you belong in your ELO" line, except for the fact that I've proven myself on a regular basis playing with 1500+ ELO players. I carry in a great deal of those games and execute plays that don't seem to work in lower ELO due to team incompetence.

It would be one thing if I kept getting caught out of position or was making bad play calls, but instead it has more to do with teams not listening to my mias or warnings and a hell of a lot of tank focus.

Hypercarries solve this?

Laptop

04-30-2012

I have played games in which I single handedly carried the game with Master Yi even with Teemo stacking PD and Jax afking. The other team was Galio, Shen, Vayne, Soraka, Skarner.

And you can't compare yourself to 1500s in that way because the skill gap in 1400-1600 is huge. And how are you facing 1500 players as an 1100?

Laptop

04-30-2012

Also it seems that you're losing because you play champions you have no business using. 0-5 on Mundo. Etc. Its like you are canceling your good playing with bad playing as well.

Alumenlux

04-30-2012

I always thought that jungling was the best role in solo queue. Sometimes it doesn't matter if you dominate your lane when the other lanes/jungle loses and feeds. If you're jungling you can run around the map making more a difference.

You can win lanes for people, run around clearing wards, counter jungle, control dragon, etc. and to me it honestly feels like I'm doing more than just winning a lane (if you're a good roamer at mid tho that does a lot too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSSNactivate View Post
And you can't compare yourself to 1500s in that way because the skill gap in 1400-1600 is huge. And how are you facing 1500 players as an 1100?
I don't think so lol, I have some friends at 1300-1400 that I think are great players, and when I solo queue ranked I lose games all of the time because of some 1700-1800 derp with no clue what they're doing.

Of course in general there's less bad players the higher we go but I truly don't think elo is that great of an indicator of how good someone actually is.

BumburgIar

04-30-2012

In terms of the Mundo game, the 0-5 was due to the late game in which every lane was already fed and I got **** on every gank at top lane. That's one of the only games I've had a poor score in anyhow (death-wise).

As for playing with higher elos, my wins from the start to 1381 were all with higher ranked players than me in duo queue. I play with my friends in 5v5's regularly and their elos are all in the upper 14XX's.

BumburgIar

05-01-2012

Bump. Just played a Tristana game. Won my lane in 5 minutes 5/0 by end of laning phase. Enemy team starts stacking armor, and my team focuses Shen. End game 6/4/7 because of being unable to kite Xin, Nasus, Anivia, Vayne, and Shen while my team tries to kill.... Shen.

Haven't won in 8 games. I can understand I may not be 1600+ elo level, but I sure can't see how my GP's inability to join a teamfight or not get caught or my TF's inability to yellow card anyone but Shen has any bearing as to why I shouldn't be winning my games. My early gameplay was flawless as far as low elo is concerned. What do?

EDIT: If you look at my scores to judge my gameplay, remember that I often win my lane and lose late game due to other fed lanes/opposing teams not being too dumb to focus someone else. Once again, you can only kite so well when 5 are on you.

hureNNN

Recruiter

05-01-2012

if you're fed, and you lose the game it is completely your fault. if you lose, it is always your fault. there is always something you could do differently. reanalyze your situations, dont expect to play the same way that you play in premade 5s, and things will change. from personal experience, i play as if no1 on my team has ever played before. i mostly play mid or top, and i will first abolutely dominate my lane, get 2-3 kills, take the tower, gank mid, take mid tower, gank bot take bot tower. or some variation of this. if you are fed, and your teammates are doing bad, **** your lane and go gank lanes. its not that big of a deal to lose a tower at this low elo, because in 2 mins you can just go right back and take theirs.

ward. ward a ****load. your team wont be getting caught if they know where the enemy is. dont rely on your support because lets face it, he probably has autism.

duo queue with a jungler and top/mid combo. win your lane, deny enemy jungle, then after you are both fed, go roaming together and just **** ****.

thats how you get out of elo hell

slyguy6802

05-01-2012

Focus on objectives.