Do you wish to cast away your weak flesh in exchange for superior steel?

Yes 123 47.67%
No 80 31.01%
Not certain 55 21.32%
Voters: 258. You may not vote on this poll

Inquiries to the Herald of Hexmachination

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Herald

Member

11-19-2012

{{ Bump? }}


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Drav

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
Viktor simply nodded again in affirmation at Draven's reply. But then when he inquired about Morgana, the Herald stared down at the desk for a moment in consideration.

"Morgana shares the same distinction to me as you do. That is to say, I consider her very nearly a friend. I say 'nearly' because I've never had the luxury of friends, and never had a need for them. At any rate. The angel is.....beautiful, as well as intriguing and pleasant to be around. She doesn't reject the idea behind the Glorious Evolution and didn't outright oust me as a madman or a coward. I truly appreciate this acceptance. It means that my efforts are not in vain."
Draven bursts out laughing not at Viktor`s plight but at his last comment.

Well of course genius. How is giving everything an upgrade a bad thing. I mean, look at my battlesuit. I`ve ravaged an entire forest with it.

You can replace your infrastructure all you want bro but inside you will always be human. Yes we have doubts but its how you handle those doubts that make you a great person. Not as great as Draven of course but you get the idea.

I hope you did notice you called Morgana beautiful? Not that she isn`t but just be careful you don`t rush into anything in case something happens eh? Sometimes I don`t get why seh can`t stand me...i wonder if it was my thing with you-know-who...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Murc VonSplinter

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Dear Viktor,

Upon browsing the chalkboard store I happened upon one with a math problem on it, I was hoping you ight decipher it and produce an answer from it.

ln(Cos((theta))+(beans).

It was accompanied with a small tape recorder upon which the works of Bob Marley were burned. Whether this was relevant to the question or not is unknown.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Herald

Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Drav View Post
Draven bursts out laughing not at Viktor`s plight but at his last comment.

Well of course genius. How is giving everything an upgrade a bad thing. I mean, look at my battlesuit. I`ve ravaged an entire forest with it.

You can replace your infrastructure all you want bro but inside you will always be human. Yes we have doubts but its how you handle those doubts that make you a great person. Not as great as Draven of course but you get the idea.

I hope you did notice you called Morgana beautiful? Not that she isn`t but just be careful you don`t rush into anything in case something happens eh? Sometimes I don`t get why seh can`t stand me...i wonder if it was my thing with you-know-who...
Viktor didn't say anything as he listened to Draven's speech, though what went unnoticed was a deep frown of consideration at the Executioner's choice of words..

"I'm going to be frank, Draven. The last thing I ever expected was to.....make close acquaintances with other Champions - yourself, Morgana, and even Orianna. When I was first inducted into the League the only thing I intended was to test my designs against the best that Runeterra had to offer. I had to accept some restrictions unto my devices, however, but so long as they still functioned as close to their original intent as possible I was fine with it.

I've come into a position where I'm essentially the one to go to if one desires some sort of device, and I have made many while in the service of the League. There are many who believe me to have cast away my humanity, in my pursuit for mechanical augmentation, and for a time I have even begun to believe that myself. When I began my evolution, I wanted to do away with my burdensome emotions which threatened to tear me apart from the inside out, in addition to creating something that nobody but I could claim credit for.

So many fail to realize that, although I can no longer feel them, I still remember what having emotions was like. I haven't forgotten who I once was: that weak, fragile, forgettable man who had lost tenure over his ideas to another man he had come to trust and admire. I am certain that many also believe that I have augmented myself out of some sort of sense of inadequacy, that because I was too weak as a man I sought out power as a simple machine...."

The Machine Herald proceeded to do something unexpected, pulling off the mask that hid his face from the world, revealing it to the Glorious Executioner. Viktor's expression was stoic, one of a man who could no longer feel emotion.

"This face. If I were to let the rest of the world see it, do you think they would believe I am who I am? What do you think would matter most to them: what I've done so far, or how I look? And, for that matter, what significance would be had in even revealing my visage to those who don't care for my work or for me personally? I am no longer Viktor as I was those years ago. I am now Viktor, the Machine Herald - the Herald of Hextech, the Scion of Science, the Pioneer of Progress, the Emissary of Engineering. I do not just create technology, I am technology. I do not simply utilize machines, I have become one. I have forsaken my biological flaws, and have adapted into a new form that better suits my interests. This is what the Glorious Evolution is capable of, my friend, and even if I were to vanish from this world it would still come. In time. If not by my own hand, then by the hand of another who may have been inspired by my own efforts. It is the one thing that matters most to me - an era in which technology is the dominant and supreme factor in every day life."

{{ I'm not gonna describe Viktor's face here, Draven, so you can just use your imagination. But Morgana DOES find my Viktor attractive. XD }}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vask Arroj View Post
Dear Viktor,

Upon browsing the chalkboard store I happened upon one with a math problem on it, I was hoping you ight decipher it and produce an answer from it.

ln(Cos((theta))+(beans).

It was accompanied with a small tape recorder upon which the works of Bob Marley were burned. Whether this was relevant to the question or not is unknown.
I'm afraid I can't give you an answer to this equation. Not because I can't solve it, but because I simply don't want to.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Drav

Senior Member

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
Viktor didn't say anything as he listened to Draven's speech, though what went unnoticed was a deep frown of consideration at the Executioner's choice of words..

"I'm going to be frank, Draven. The last thing I ever expected was to.....make close acquaintances with other Champions - yourself, Morgana, and even Orianna. When I was first inducted into the League the only thing I intended was to test my designs against the best that Runeterra had to offer. I had to accept some restrictions unto my devices, however, but so long as they still functioned as close to their original intent as possible I was fine with it.

I've come into a position where I'm essentially the one to go to if one desires some sort of device, and I have made many while in the service of the League. There are many who believe me to have cast away my humanity, in my pursuit for mechanical augmentation, and for a time I have even begun to believe that myself. When I began my evolution, I wanted to do away with my burdensome emotions which threatened to tear me apart from the inside out, in addition to creating something that nobody but I could claim credit for.

So many fail to realize that, although I can no longer feel them, I still remember what having emotions was like. I haven't forgotten who I once was: that weak, fragile, forgettable man who had lost tenure over his ideas to another man he had come to trust and admire. I am certain that many also believe that I have augmented myself out of some sort of sense of inadequacy, that because I was too weak as a man I sought out power as a simple machine...."

The Machine Herald proceeded to do something unexpected, pulling off the mask that hid his face from the world, revealing it to the Glorious Executioner. Viktor's expression was stoic, one of a man who could no longer feel emotion.

"This face. If I were to let the rest of the world see it, do you think they would believe I am who I am? What do you think would matter most to them: what I've done so far, or how I look? And, for that matter, what significance would be had in even revealing my visage to those who don't care for my work or for me personally? I am no longer Viktor as I was those years ago. I am now Viktor, the Machine Herald - the Herald of Hextech, the Scion of Science, the Pioneer of Progress, the Emissary of Engineering. I do not just create technology, I am technology. I do not simply utilize machines, I have become one. I have forsaken my biological flaws, and have adapted into a new form that better suits my interests. This is what the Glorious Evolution is capable of, my friend, and even if I were to vanish from this world it would still come. In time. If not by my own hand, then by the hand of another who may have been inspired by my own efforts. It is the one thing that matters most to me - an era in which technology is the dominant and supreme factor in every day life."

{{ I'm not gonna describe Viktor's face here, Draven, so you can just use your imagination. But Morgana DOES find my Viktor attractive. XD }}
Draven bursts out laughing not at Viktor but Viktor`s choice of words.

Forgive me, it seems I may have worded some things wrong. I was not trying to bash on the fact that you still have emotions or make it sound like all you are capable of is upgrades. Maybe I shoulda said it clearer.

I don`t consider you weak. And whatever everyone else thinks of your designs, actions, path or...your face for that matter doesn`t matter as long as you stay on your path and never let your conviction waiver.

Like I mentioned when we first threw jabs. I have much respect for people like you, Diana, Sona, Graves and a few others. You struggled, fought and dealt with much bull**** but you still ended up on top. I have nothing but the utmost respect for you friend, you have been the most welcoming to me and you know that I would throw an axe at anyone who would insult you although I don`t think you need it.

Draven lets out a small laugh.

I have to say the choice of words for your title were...somewhat impressive. It was very unexpected. I thought I was good when it came to that kind of stuff. I felt like a bit of me rubbed off on you or something. Draven lets out another laugh.

I`m not mocking you by the way. I was simply surprised...Scion of Science, Emissary of Engineering...

Draven calms himself before addressing one more thing.
Did you ever show that face to Janna? If you did I can understand why she was all over you. For someone who hides behind a mask you can still get the most physically attracting women...Is there a chick magnet in your gears?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Herald

Member

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Drav View Post
Draven bursts out laughing not at Viktor but Viktor`s choice of words.

Forgive me, it seems I may have worded some things wrong. I was not trying to bash on the fact that you still have emotions or make it sound like all you are capable of is upgrades. Maybe I shoulda said it clearer.

I don`t consider you weak. And whatever everyone else thinks of your designs, actions, path or...your face for that matter doesn`t matter as long as you stay on your path and never let your conviction waiver.

Like I mentioned when we first threw jabs. I have much respect for people like you, Diana, Sona, Graves and a few others. You struggled, fought and dealt with much bull**** but you still ended up on top. I have nothing but the utmost respect for you friend, you have been the most welcoming to me and you know that I would throw an axe at anyone who would insult you although I don`t think you need it.

Draven lets out a small laugh.

I have to say the choice of words for your title were...somewhat impressive. It was very unexpected. I thought I was good when it came to that kind of stuff. I felt like a bit of me rubbed off on you or something. Draven lets out another laugh.

I`m not mocking you by the way. I was simply surprised...Scion of Science, Emissary of Engineering...

Draven calms himself before addressing one more thing.
Did you ever show that face to Janna? If you did I can understand why she was all over you. For someone who hides behind a mask you can still get the most physically attracting women...Is there a chick magnet in your gears?
Viktor sagged his shoulders and let out a sigh of relief. It was a strange thing to see the mechanically augmented man do, but he did it. Perhaps out of habit, his mind was still so very human it seemed.

"Well, perhaps you HAVE had a bit of influence on my rhetoric as of late. But....No. When I last saw Janna we were.....in public, and I admittedly didn't think to show her my face. Thinking on it now, perhaps she would not have left in such a haste if I had. But even then, the last thing I would have wanted would be to engage her upon something so superficial. Morgana was quite flustered when I showed her, as well. Orianna didn't comment. You're the third person I've shown my face to. I've done this as a show of good faith for the trust you three have given me."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Herald

Member

11-20-2012

{{ Bump }}


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Herald

Member

11-21-2012

{{ Bump }}


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Drav

Senior Member

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
Viktor sagged his shoulders and let out a sigh of relief. It was a strange thing to see the mechanically augmented man do, but he did it. Perhaps out of habit, his mind was still so very human it seemed.

"Well, perhaps you HAVE had a bit of influence on my rhetoric as of late. But....No. When I last saw Janna we were.....in public, and I admittedly didn't think to show her my face. Thinking on it now, perhaps she would not have left in such a haste if I had. But even then, the last thing I would have wanted would be to engage her upon something so superficial. Morgana was quite flustered when I showed her, as well. Orianna didn't comment. You're the third person I've shown my face to. I've done this as a show of good faith for the trust you three have given me."
Haha...I see. Well then Draven is pleased at this.

With that out of the way Draven goes back to his previous project.

I shall require your assistance drawing up the blueprints if you don`t mind...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Herald

Member

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Drav View Post
Haha...I see. Well then Draven is pleased at this.

With that out of the way Draven goes back to his previous project.

I shall require your assistance drawing up the blueprints if you don`t mind...
Viktor simply nodded, as if purely out of obligation.

"Of course. I will.....procure the materials for construction as soon as I have finished my prior projects. In the mean time, you may relish in your battlesuit I have crafted for you."