The new UI sucks for some very important reasons.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brigog

11-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven View Post
periphery: the outward bounds of something as distinguished from its internal regions or center.

Old HUD: abilities/spells all the way on the side of the screen

New HUD: abilities/spells front and center.

I agree they should be bigger though, along with the meters.
So by agreeing you admit you released an poorly implement and unfinished product? ^^

Crunx

11-06-2009

I would take a page from a WoW addon. SCT cooldowns allows you to setup your abilities such that they will flash on your screen when they come off CD. An option to turn this on or off would be great, since you can see what has finished cooldown without having to look at your ability bar.

Another option is to do something with your unit frame that shows health/mana. Maybe have 4 green dots or blue dots that turn black or red when the respective ability is on CD. so if my ult is down, button 4 is a different color.

Also, a hover chat bubble above the champion is necessary. Current chat seems buried in the corner of the game, and if i could get the last 3 team chat messages above my toon at all times, i could easily see gank calls, mia's and retreat calls.

Hoax

11-07-2009

Looking at the popular WoW addon's is a must.

I'd just like to echo people who are saying that spells comming off cd and level up are not as visable as they were in the old gui. Also it'd be nice to have buff timers as something we could turn on or off.

McComb

11-09-2009

What's stupid on the UI is that you can't click menu icons (option,scorboard,champ info..) without scrolling screen downward.
Icons are simply too tiny and too much on the edge of the screen.

Not a big issue though since you don't use them often.

Fatdap

11-11-2009

When I try to play in Windowed mode on 1440x900 resolution, the new UI doesn't quite fit. I can't see my experience bar on the bottom.

Rayven

UX Designer

11-11-2009
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Thanks for reporting, Fat. Could you attach an image plz?

gniksivart

11-13-2009

Don't know if anyone has suggested this but I play WOW and you can get 3rd party timers for the cooldown of spells that you can drag anywhere on the screen. Don't know if anyone has suggested this yet but maybe this could be a possible options for people that have this problem? It's just a small timer in a box, but I think would be really useful.

Sick I have that problem too and my brother has mentioned that issue to me as well :/. Maybe there is but is there a way to keep the score board permanently displayed somewhere. At least how many kills each team has?

Nightbird

11-13-2009

I enjoyed the old UI much more than the new one. It looked like ti fit the feel of the game better than than the new square blocks that make up the current UI. I have one major complaint though and I didn't see this fixe din a patch or anyone else mention it in the thread: if you scale the ui so that your summoner skill is directly under the purchase button of the shop, pressing it will activate your skill. I use the normal scale UI now because of this and I did test it recently and it was still doing it.

KingsRight

11-16-2009

the icons on all spells need to be much bigger and be partially faded out when you cast and they are in cooldown phase.. then as a clock-like hand spirals around the image becomes whole and clear. and there needs to be another overlay on top of them when you do not have sufficient mana to use them.. because often it's hard to tell if i am waiting on cooldown or waiting on mana.

And when the icon fills up to let us know the cooldown is done cooling, the icon should highlight all the way around in gold and glisten.. maybe even make a very very subtle sound that only that player can hear so it grabs our attention.

i'm a perfectionist when it comes to this stuff and you hud is driving me nuts looking at it.

Horohoro

11-17-2009

Seriously?
Ever considered getting glasses?
Or contacts if you prefer.

Instead of having a huge HUD on my screen with buttons i can hardly avoid, i'd much rather have the current one.

And please for the love of god, stop flaming at the people who designed this HUD.
At least these people work for a living, sad basement dwellers.