Do you think Executioner's Calling should be reworked or changed?

Yes 72 83.72%
No 14 16.28%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Morello's Buff is nice, how bout Exe Calling?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SedulousTurtle

05-02-2012

Or wait a minute...ignite offers similar utility. I retract the idea that my points answer Cinderfang.

SinDur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedulousTurtle View Post
Don't forget about some of the unique utility that the damage/time brings. The damage/time does not hurt much, but regardless makes it so that:
-You get the assist even if the champion dies from another source 10-18 seconds later;
-The champion can not recall, activate traveling treads, or get some passives (Garen, Miss Fortune, Teemo) for 8 more seconds
-[Dominion] Cannot capture a turret for 8 seconds after disengaging
-Edit: delay the character from entering stealth

If the item gets reworked, I would really, really prefer that this effect remains similar since its so unique and interesting.
None of these utilitarian uses justify filling an item slot with this item, in my opinion. I think most people would rather have an item that either helps kill the person so they get the kill or assist more often, don't have to worry about anyone recalling or getting passives, item or otherwise, don't have to worry about a character capping a point, or going into stealth. A damage item assures this more often than a weak dot does, and while your points are pretty decent, it doesn't change the fact this item isn't even considered in high-elo play aside from a specific counter to specific champions.

SinDur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedulousTurtle View Post
Or wait a minute...ignite offers similar utility. I retract the idea that my points answer Cinderfang.
It's ok Turtle, you had good points, but didn't really realize what I meant by what I said. Lol

Ruka Urushibara

05-03-2012

Well, I think that the item should be changed such that it has an easier time destroying heals and sustain, perhaps for the AD carry against a soraka lane, or for the sustain wars all over top lane. Although it already sort of does this, it doesn't seem to be efficient enough at it to be used. Perhaps you could have the active also activate on spell cast?

SinDur

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruka Urushibara View Post
Well, I think that the item should be changed such that it has an easier time destroying heals and sustain, perhaps for the AD carry against a soraka lane, or for the sustain wars all over top lane. Although it already sort of does this, it doesn't seem to be efficient enough at it to be used. Perhaps you could have the active also activate on spell cast?
This would be a start, but I think the changes need to be impactful enough for people to want to build the item for a reason more than just "IhateSoraka" or "****youlanewick".

Gath Immortal

05-04-2012

didnt realize there was already a thread for this, i guess ill just post my ideas in here and see what people think cuz exec really does need a change.

I would redo it a bit because right now it isn't really worth buying.

Damage tick: honestly I would change this to true damage, increase the magic damage or get rid of it because right now I'm lucky to get 2 damage per tick on this, not really worth the extra gold for adding this passive.

Active: just fine.

Build: I'd go with longsword + scepter since straight AD would be far more valuable on an item used primarily by AD champs. I really only get my money's worth out of the crit chance when i build this on ashe or tryndamere.

Upgrade: Add Brutalizer or Bilgewater Cutlass and end up with a new item who's unique passive could give on-hit grievous wounds. I know that sounds a bit strong but I think this kind of item is necessary to combat heavy healers and the massive lifesteal swings on champions like Sion and Tryndamere.

I didn't want to get too deep mechanically because game balance is better left to the professionals IMO, but this is my 2 cents.

SinDur

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gath Immortal View Post
didnt realize there was already a thread for this, i guess ill just post my ideas in here and see what people think cuz exec really does need a change.

I would redo it a bit because right now it isn't really worth buying.

Damage tick: honestly I would change this to true damage, increase the magic damage or get rid of it because right now I'm lucky to get 2 damage per tick on this, not really worth the extra gold for adding this passive.

Active: just fine.

Build: I'd go with longsword + scepter since straight AD would be far more valuable on an item used primarily by AD champs. I really only get my money's worth out of the crit chance when i build this on ashe or tryndamere.

Upgrade: Add Brutalizer or Bilgewater Cutlass and end up with a new item who's unique passive could give on-hit grievous wounds. I know that sounds a bit strong but I think this kind of item is necessary to combat heavy healers and the massive lifesteal swings on champions like Sion and Tryndamere.

I didn't want to get too deep mechanically because game balance is better left to the professionals IMO, but this is my 2 cents.
Well put and well said, although I think rather than a permanent on-hit, perhaps an active on hit, as in for a duration your attacks apply the effect? That pretty much mirror's the GW debuff portion of Miss Fortune's Impure shots, but it's effective and not rediculous for healers to deal with. Also I almost feel like a majority of the people that want to see Exe changed would like to see it become a recipe for a new item too. =)

SinDur

05-05-2012

I had a thought also that perhaps you could have an item that builds out of crit gloves and a long sword, getting rid of the life steal component. I think I'd rather see this item become part of the bloodthirster recipe, though.

Bear Garrett

05-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderfang View Post
I had a thought also that perhaps you could have an item that builds out of crit gloves and a long sword, getting rid of the life steal component. I think I'd rather see this item become part of the bloodthirster recipe, though.
I keep wondering why Cutlass doesn't build into Bloodthirster. I guess 'cause of the active.

SinDur

05-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Garrett View Post
I keep wondering why Cutlass doesn't build into Bloodthirster. I guess 'cause of the active.
Cutlass currently builds into Hextech Gunblade, so it's possible they don't want to give Bloodthirster an active component. It is a strong item, giving 100 AD on it's own when the passive is filled, and 20% lifesteal.