Top 500 Players Prior to Reset

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrGrimm999

The Council

10-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharzuph View Post
It's too bad the majority of people on top 500 are pre-made groups (consisting of 3-5 people) while some of us solo queue it up and face the top 100 on a constant basis. This makes the list rather misleading. With the open beta its been a little better not running into those pre-mades. Losing five in a row because you keep rolling into queued pre-mades does not make my elo rating feel good about itself and it demorilizes a lot of other solo queuers into just forfeiting at 15m mark and try to queue again.

Would it be worth having a double elo rating for people where they have one for solo or two people group queues and an entire new elo for when they group with 3 or more? Then depending on which way you queue is which elo it will base it off of. Just a thought, because like I said the list posted is rather skewd based off people only playing pre-mades.

I would hate to have to make two accounts to have one just for rolling people in premades and another to play when i feel like solo queueing.
I solo or duo queued far, far more than I did 5 or 4 man premades. To my knowledge Akatosh did the same, and I know a few others pretty high that also solo queued a lot. It is very possible to make it into the top 10 and solo queue a majority of the time, now to get into the top 5 is a little harder only solo queueing. A lot do construct premades all the time, but that doesn't mean you can't get your elo high. The beauty of the matchmaking system is that even if you solo queue, you will be matched with people around as good as you. Many of us have solo queue and pug beat the best teams out there, and when I say beat I mean completely stomped, and yes this has happend more than once, not an isolated occurance.

Basically, I am not saying l2p or flaming you, but you are mistaken. Really what the elo system does is discourage you from learning new heros, or trying around fun builds. I remember playing Shaco (which I am knew to) and trying a fun build and then got a really good premade and got stomped whereas if I picked my best character, I would have done a lot better. I know that you can just go into practice games to try out new strategies but when you are trying to play at a high level you will never find people as good in practice games as in real games, this is where the matchmaking system fails (among queue times as well)

All in all, if you want to get your elo high, even if you solo queue, you just have to play seriously, and only play heros that are good, and that you are good with, not just run 5 man premades.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pharzuph

Member

10-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm999 View Post
I solo or duo queued far, far more than I did 5 or 4 man premades. To my knowledge Akatosh did the same, and I know a few others pretty high that also solo queued a lot. It is very possible to make it into the top 10 and solo queue a majority of the time, now to get into the top 5 is a little harder only solo queueing. A lot do construct premades all the time, but that doesn't mean you can't get your elo high. The beauty of the matchmaking system is that even if you solo queue, you will be matched with people around as good as you. Many of us have solo queue and pug beat the best teams out there, and when I say beat I mean completely stomped, and yes this has happend more than once, not an isolated occurance.

Basically, I am not saying l2p or flaming you, but you are mistaken. Really what the elo system does is discourage you from learning new heros, or trying around fun builds. I remember playing Shaco (which I am knew to) and trying a fun build and then got a really good premade and got stomped whereas if I picked my best character, I would have done a lot better. I know that you can just go into practice games to try out new strategies but when you are trying to play at a high level you will never find people as good in practice games as in real games, this is where the matchmaking system fails (among queue times as well)

All in all, if you want to get your elo high, even if you solo queue, you just have to play seriously, and only play heros that are good, and that you are good with, not just run 5 man premades.
I'm finding a lot of what you say is very true. Maybe I had some bad luck some days where I was solo queued onto teams that just got absolutely stomped (yet I still manage positive kill/death ratio). My purpose was not to flame and hate on those who did premades to pump up their elo, nor cry about my own lack of ability, but it just seemed frustrating to continuously roll into premade after premade and take huge hits to my elo regardless of my level of skill. Some games, no matter how good you are, are just out of your hands.

I will take on your advice and stick to the 2-3 champions that I can play well and try not to experiment so much, as I have done in the past. That I know I can blame myself for when it comes to losing some matches.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

requiescat

Member

10-27-2009

i think if you only solo queue, your ELO in general is much more volatile just because you don't know how good your team mates are, whereas in a premade you know what you are gonna get.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thrillhouse

Senior Member

10-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm999 View Post
I solo or duo queued far, far more than I did 5 or 4 man premades. To my knowledge Akatosh did the same, and I know a few others pretty high that also solo queued a lot. It is very possible to make it into the top 10 and solo queue a majority of the time, now to get into the top 5 is a little harder only solo queueing. A lot do construct premades all the time, but that doesn't mean you can't get your elo high. The beauty of the matchmaking system is that even if you solo queue, you will be matched with people around as good as you. Many of us have solo queue and pug beat the best teams out there, and when I say beat I mean completely stomped, and yes this has happend more than once, not an isolated occurance.

Basically, I am not saying l2p or flaming you, but you are mistaken. Really what the elo system does is discourage you from learning new heros, or trying around fun builds. I remember playing Shaco (which I am knew to) and trying a fun build and then got a really good premade and got stomped whereas if I picked my best character, I would have done a lot better. I know that you can just go into practice games to try out new strategies but when you are trying to play at a high level you will never find people as good in practice games as in real games, this is where the matchmaking system fails (among queue times as well)

All in all, if you want to get your elo high, even if you solo queue, you just have to play seriously, and only play heros that are good, and that you are good with, not just run 5 man premades.
Is your current winstreak solo, or is that mostly premades?

I find it really hard to put together that high of a streak when I solo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrGrimm999

The Council

10-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by requiescat View Post
i think if you only solo queue, your ELO in general is much more volatile just because you don't know how good your team mates are, whereas in a premade you know what you are gonna get.
This is going to depend on what level you are playing at. Even when high Elo players solo queue, they generally will still ask for a vent channel of their teammates, or try to get the pubs in vent. So ff you are playing with higher elo players, they generally will come on vent with you "creating" a pseudo premade basically which will increase the probability of you winning and decreasing your volatility.

Perhaps lower ranked players should start doing this. Try to convince the others to get in vent (which is publicly available provided by LoL) and try to pick a team that makes sense. For example, if all 5 of your players pick late game carries, someone should probably tell the others that we need a tank, or support or ect... Don't be passive, if you know that your team has a really crappy makeup, ask nicely if someone will switch for the good of the team. Many times I have done this and it has been the difference between a win and a loss.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrGrimm999

The Council

10-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillhouse View Post
Is your current winstreak solo, or is that mostly premades?

I find it really hard to put together that high of a streak when I solo.
About half and half, but that doesn't matter, remember, all players Elo above 1650 were reset to 1650, so basically for players like me, this is basically newbie island for us. So my winstreak doesn't really mean anything right now, if you look at any high ranked player right now, I would imagine they would have almost all wins with maybe 1 or 2 losses at the most.

Also, I generally try to be the "annoying team captain" when I pug, trying to nicely tell the pugs what to do ect... I think I have probably annoyed a lot of people when I do this but it has worked a lot of the time. This only works though if you actually know what you are talking about and the other team isn't extremely organized, otherwise you will just lead teams to pwnedville.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

congalong

Senior Member

10-27-2009

I only ever solo queued. I think I duo queued like...2-3 times out of all my games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karrot

Senior Member

10-27-2009

So uh, these are the top 500 out of how many players total (at the time)?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fuzzy logic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-27-2009

If I'm in the top 500, something's gone horribly wrong deep within the bowels of Riot's code.

Riot, please get your top men on this immediately.

Thanks for posting these.

gl hf.

Riot has my <3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Matjooraat

Adjudicator

10-27-2009

Wow, I'm not on there. Fail.