Top 500 Players Prior to Reset

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Golly

10-26-2009

Not going to lie. I was dissapointed I didn't make top 50.

WTB 1v1 mode zileas. Make it happen.

Veridic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlingKommando View Post
The point is that there is no edge.

It is a matter of balancing out those with higher ELO so they can obtain IP at the same rate as new players and that they won't be tempted into making new accounts and stomping beginners.

Ok- regardless of ELO- the MM will try and match you to the closest 50/50 w/l chance... the same is true regardless of whether or not you are low ELO or high ELO. The IP rate gain for people with IP boosts should then be double that of low ELO players...

The time it takes to queue? Oh please, like people won't be rolling smaller than 5 people to decrease queue times... Not to mention higher ELO games = more skilled players = shorter game times because they all know how to capitalize on one another's mistakes.

I would much rather see everyone's ELO reset- let them spend a night playing with noobs and then be high elo gaining normal ip than double IP for 9 friggin days. The reward to being good players should be being good players and gaining ip/exp as such... the icon I get- cool- but not the IP boosts... In every game 5 players lose one way or the other... if 5 nubs lose to 5 amazing players, you think they are gonna cry more than losing to other nubs? Nub stomping only lasts so long because of ELO... there is no reason for them to remain higher with a larger ip gain that can easily be exploited...

Just reset the damn ELO and let the system sort it out...

eddysamson

10-26-2009

hooray for never playing, didnt make the list!

Idontlive

10-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaro View Post
WTB 1v1 mode zileas. Make it happen.
"1v1 = no teamplay so no" thats probably the reason they won't do it even if some people want it.
/sry for the offtopic.

Ozzzz

10-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragongem View Post
Heh, I was #380 and I went 80% solo queues. I would run premades with 2 of my online friends and we would get rolled constantly by 5 man hardcore premades (seriously my premade win-rate is 33% at best)

I was hovering at about a 57%-62% win ratio.
I am #300 something and had a very similar experience to Dragongem here. Round 80% solo and sometimes premade with 2-3 peole. SO, it is infact possible to mostly solo queue and have a decent ELO, just gotta (play carries in pugs) be on your game. I was also at around at a 1.5-2:1 win/loss ratio for most of my beta time.

Just trying to shed some light on what is up.

Golly

10-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontlive View Post
"1v1 = no teamplay so no" thats probably the reason they won't do it even if some people want it.
/sry for the offtopic.
It would make my ego feel better. Which is all that matters. Noob.

Arete

10-26-2009

Well, maybe all the oldschoolers from beta in solo queue have a better percentage because you all are high elo already?

Us stuck in the lower ELO bracket are a bit screwed, cause we can't really climb out of it if we're playing with "newbs" as one person so tried to insult me with earlier.

The fact is, if I'm hovering at 1k ELO(dunno what it starts) and I'm a good player, but Im brought down by the other 1k Elo newbs, and this includes people who play ALOT, but still just suck.

What am I supposed to do to rise to more competitive levels? I've found I join queues, and eventually get stomped by some pre-made team, and theres another loss, then another, then another... then I'm back down in "low elo ville" and I win a couple games cause they're really SOLO queued.

I guess this will change when the 5v5 only type **** is in place.

YummyCheese

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-26-2009

Arete, it will balance itself out over time. Right now its bad because all the noobs AND you are at the starting ELO (I believe 1200, correct me if wrong), but as time goes on they will slowly get lower and lower as they lose the games they played. It will take a few more days (weeks after release probably!) but you'll get where you should be.

Dragongem

10-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzzz View Post
I am #300 something and had a very similar experience to Dragongem here. Round 80% solo and sometimes premade with 2-3 peole. SO, it is infact possible to mostly solo queue and have a decent ELO, just gotta (play carries in pugs) be on your game. I was also at around at a 1.5-2:1 win/loss ratio for most of my beta time.

Just trying to shed some light on what is up.

Heh, I did the opposite: whenever I would play Taric support/tank, we would win the game with ease. I did the best when I got out mah tankin' boots.

Arete: Often times, especially at low ELOs, you can win the game because you picked a tank and the other team won't have it. Everyone and their brother wants to play a carry and impress the ladies, the winners are willing to play the less glamorous roles. =)

Also, I think I could have placed higher had I not tried to play Nasus and get a feel for him. I went on a horrific losing streak when I started to play with him, since imo he's one of the hardest heroes to play right.

Seraphim

The Council

10-26-2009

I'm a grand master beta LOL