@Community - What's with all the HotshotGG hate?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyndikate

03-17-2011

Never heard of the guy until he made that Irelia FOTM thread. Then a friend told me he's the top ranked player in LoL. Never met him, and I don't think I ever will. I watched his ELS stream 2 weeks ago. I thought, hey, since he's the top player in League of Legends, maybe there's a billion things I could learn from him just by watching him play and see how I can use his tactics and apply them to my games. I don't know if he or Reginald stream their games, if so, I'd love to see it.

Almost every day, I hear one person that says "HotshotGG sucks". Occasionally, I've seen a lot of Hotshot hate threads popping all over the place.

Ran into this nidalee guide on Leaguecraft: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qH3yFijZJs

So, anyone wanna tell me, what's with the hate? I'm not trying to suck his thing or nothing, I just wanna see what a new player can learn from him.

(Funny how I bought Nidalee and Irelia on the same day.)

Vestic

03-17-2011

A LOT of people hate him because of his attitude. I watched his livestream many times and hes negative (by trolling his own team) by swearing them out, calling them noobs, etc. Others just dont like him because they are jealous of where he has gotten and feel they are at the same level or better than him. IMO, I prefer treeeskimo's livestream because he is more positive and talks more about mechanics which is how I got to 1524 ELO.

Heroic Bunny

03-17-2011

He's got a bad attitude.

Turns people off.

Greyart

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthetika View Post
Never heard of the guy until he made that Irelia FOTM thread. Then a friend told me he's the top ranked player in LoL. Never met him, and I don't think I ever will. I watched his ELS stream 2 weeks ago. I thought, hey, since he's the top player in League of Legends, maybe there's a billion things I could learn from him just by watching him play and see how I can use his tactics and apply them to my games. I don't know if he or Reginald stream their games, if so, I'd love to see it.

Almost every day, I hear one person that says "HotshotGG sucks". Occasionally, I've seen a lot of Hotshot hate threads popping all over the place.

Ran into this nidalee guide on Leaguecraft: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qH3yFijZJs

So, anyone wanna tell me, what's with the hate? I'm not trying to suck his thing or nothing, I just wanna see what a new player can learn from him.

(Funny how I bought Nidalee and Irelia on the same day.)

part of the reason people dislike him is because he can get alittle full of himself from time to time

also people feel cheated that the top ranked player isnt a person with 330 wins and 10 loses and is something like 750 to 500 that if a person players X million more games and gets 3 points per game

their win record of 1.1 average will put them at higher elo than a person with 6.7 average

and its an online game

people eiter hate or love anyone who is named a good player and is widely known

Cyndikate

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestic View Post
A LOT of people hate him because of his attitude. I watched his livestream many times and hes negative (by trolling his own team) by swearing them out, calling them noobs, etc. Others just dont like him because they are jealous of where he has gotten and feel they are at the same level or better than him. IMO, I prefer treeeskimo's livestream because he is more positive and talks more about mechanics which is how I got to 1524 ELO.
Wow. I never knew he was like that to his own team. I'm really quite shocked.

robhimself

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestic View Post
He swears them out on his own stream his team can't even hear him. Regardless though he hardly ever rages and I watch his stream regularly, actually he's pretty freaking modest when you think about how many people post hate threads and troll him in games for losses etc.

zignatur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyart View Post
part of the reason people dislike him is because he can get alittle full of himself from time to time

also people feel cheated that the top ranked player isnt a person with 330 wins and 10 loses and is something like 750 to 500 that if a person players X million more games and gets 3 points per game

their win record of 1.1 average will put them at higher elo than a person with 6.7 average

and its an online game

Your logic is flawed.

Solo queue is influenced by too many factors to allow someone to go 330 - 10. I guarantee you, in more than 10 of that player's 340 games, he will run into a leaver, troll, feeder, etc., even at 1700 - 2300 Elo.

EcksTeaSea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2011

Are you watching his livestream right now? Thats why I hate him. He ****s up and then takes out the rage on his team.

Corvu

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcksTeaSea View Post
Are you watching his livestream right now? Thats why I hate him. He ****s up and then takes out the rage on his team.
To be fair i know a lot of people who've done that , myself included, sometimes things just get frustrating and you need to vent a little. Not always a good team motivator though =P

Elbo444

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyart View Post

and its an online game

I think your understanding of the ELO system is a bit lacking