The Medical Wing (open rp)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghostvoider Rick

03-25-2013

The Ghostvoider sees rescue in the distance. He is groaning in pain, and the hole in his android chest completely gone. He sees a light flash in his mind, and looks at himself. He has scars and ripped wires everywhere. He defeated them all, but he couldn't take it anymore. His power wanes as he takes a few steps. He knows that salvation is only ten steps. He falls on his knees, looks up, falls over on his side.
'I had a sad life', he thought to himself "I never got to find my true love.' 'Will I ever have good in my life happen?..." he whispers to himself. These were his final words.

AODRG

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equiste View Post
Wincing she held her arm out to Sammantha the other gripping the bed hard, breathing heavily as she resisted the urge to continue attempting to scream. She looked over at Alice with a pained expression.
"I'm ok, I'm alright Alice... I... oh who am I kidding this burns like no tomorrow." She said, her voice calm even with her expression.
"I don't know what happened... I... was creating... a bridge I think is the best way to explain it? Between your thoughts. I found yours quickly Alice but... Sammantha I had a bit of trouble. And then when I found it a surge of energy just went through me... I'll be ok though... I think... Should be with how good your beau is with this healing power right." She smiled at Alice painfully. Fortunately it wasn't too severe of a burn. Well, not to what it could have been. It was a first degree burn. It seemed her efforts to keep it to the arm were working. She could feel the burn slowly getting healed, but without an effect to dull the pain Amanda's face was still quite pained.
Sam quickly channeled her magic into her burn as best she could. Within seconds the mark was gone, and a cooling sense of relaxation was left. It didn't last to long, for she was afraid the longer she focused on the burn the more likely the magic would feed her gash, and cause her to take even longer to heal.

"Okay, it should have cooled off by now. Luckily it wasn't too bad of a burn, just a bit of heat," Sam replied, "Sorry if I somehow caused this."

"Are...are you okay?" Alice asked, moving closer again.

Equiste

03-25-2013

Her breathing started to even with the burn disappearing, letting out a breath through her nose in relief. She nodded to Alice.
"I'm ok now Alice... Whew, thank you Sammantha." She said, smiling as she rubbed her arm. She looked strangely at Sammantha.
"I don't see how. Not sure how I messed that up. Like, as long as you two were thinking of each other it shouldn't be a problem as I can use that connection to connect your minds... Its not like you thought about energy or something like that..." She said, lightly blowing on her arm besite it having no effect.

AODRG

03-25-2013

Quote:
Her breathing started to even with the burn disappearing, letting out a breath through her nose in relief. She nodded to Alice.
"I'm ok now Alice... Whew, thank you Sammantha." She said, smiling as she rubbed her arm. She looked strangely at Sammantha.
"I don't see how. Not sure how I messed that up. Like, as long as you two were thinking of each other it shouldn't be a problem as I can use that connection to connect your minds... Its not like you thought about energy or something like that..." She said, lightly blowing on her arm besite it having no effect.
"Um...right," Sam replied hesitantly.

"Well let's try this one more time," Alice suggested, "I mean, if you'd want."

Sam nodded, "I have a feeling one more attempt couldn't hurt. If it does, I'll be right here to help."

Equiste

03-25-2013

Amanda looked hesitant, but nodded with Sammantha's confidence.
"Alright then, I guess the worse that can happen is that it will hurt. Like hell." She said, looking over at them.
"Well, you two know the drill. Close your eyes and think about each other and let me do the rest." She said with a friendly smile.

Bright Oblivion

03-26-2013

Quote:
[i]Liana thought on that, wondering how was the best way to get her out of that. She smiled when she mentioned what the files were.
"Oh, thank you. That should work quite well." She said, happy for both Hope having them filled out for her already and having something they could use. When she burried her face in her hands she moved over closer, putting a hand gently on her shoulder.
"Hey now, its ok. Don't worry about me, I can take care of myself with Tyson. I'm glad you came to me about this. I'd be more worried about you stressing out over what might happen to you out front than what Doctor Tyson can do. I'm not sure what I can do yet, but I'll try to think of something..." She said in a kind, and accidently a motherly voice, hoping to help soothe Hope.
Hope slowly lifted her head from her hands and nodded.

"ᴬ⁻ᵃᶫʳᶦᵍʰᵗ⋅ ᴮ⁻ᵇᵘᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ˢʰ⁻ˢʰᵒᵘᶫᵈᶰ'ᵗ ʰ⁻ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵗ⁻ᵗᵒ⋅ ᴵ⁻ᶦᵗ'ˢ ᶰ⁻ᶰᵒᵗ ʸ⁻ʸᵒᵘʳ ᶠ⁻ᶠᵃᵘᶫᵗ⋅"

AODRG

03-26-2013

Quote:
Amanda looked hesitant, but nodded with Sammantha's confidence.
"Alright then, I guess the worse that can happen is that it will hurt. Like hell." She said, looking over at them.
"Well, you two know the drill. Close your eyes and think about each other and let me do the rest." She said with a friendly smile.
Alice scooted back next to Sam, and both girls closed their eyes, thinking about each other again. Sam made sure not to use her abilities this time, focusing simply on the image of Alice in her mind.

Equiste

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Oblivion View Post
Hope slowly lifted her head from her hands and nodded.

"ᴬ⁻ᵃᶫʳᶦᵍʰᵗ⋅ ᴮ⁻ᵇᵘᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ˢʰ⁻ˢʰᵒᵘᶫᵈᶰ'ᵗ ʰ⁻ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵗ⁻ᵗᵒ⋅ ᴵ⁻ᶦᵗ'ˢ ᶰ⁻ᶰᵒᵗ ʸ⁻ʸᵒᵘʳ ᶠ⁻ᶠᵃᵘᶫᵗ⋅"
Liana smiled, giving her shoulder a small squeeze.
"No, its not my fault. Just like its not your fault that you got someone here trying to keep an eye on you. You shouldn't have to deal with this, and its not your fault dear that this is happening to you in the first place. But it is happening and I want to do what I can to help you through this. Never feel ashamed to ask for help. I am here for you dear." She said with a kind motherly smile. She wanted to hug Hope to help make her feel better, but knew that it wasn't so reassuring to Hope and so refrained from doing so. Though Hope would know that was something she did with seeing how Liana interacted with Lucy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AODRG View Post
Alice scooted back next to Sam, and both girls closed their eyes, thinking about each other again. Sam made sure not to use her abilities this time, focusing simply on the image of Alice in her mind.
They felt Amanda's hands on their head again, hearing the same arcane chant as before. This time though there was a triumphant sound.
"Ah, found it easily this time. Guess I was just out of practice huh? Now keep sitting still." Her voice came out again. They felt the hands get removed, before they felt her fingers on their chest, tracing to the heart while the palms were a... bit lower. A few more words before suddenly they felt another flow of magic. After a few seconds she removed her hands, though her palms she waited a little longer to remove.
"There, all done." She said, smiling widely at them. When they opened their eyes she was sitting there smiling happily towards them.

At first nothing seemed to happen except a strange feeling of light headedness. This passed quickly. It wasn't until they started to have the odd stray thought that they would notice something. When Sammantha had a stray thought Alice could hear it, and vice versa. The 'voice' in the head sounded close to their actual voice. Amanda was curious to see how quick they could notice they could talk to each other with just a thought. Once the two realised what was going on they could submit any thought they wanted to each other. At least for now.

AODRG

03-26-2013

Quote:

They felt Amanda's hands on their head again, hearing the same arcane chant as before. This time though there was a triumphant sound.
"Ah, found it easily this time. Guess I was just out of practice huh? Now keep sitting still." Her voice came out again. They felt the hands get removed, before they felt her fingers on their chest, tracing to the heart while the palms were a... bit lower. A few more words before suddenly they felt another flow of magic. After a few seconds she removed her hands, though her palms she waited a little longer to remove.
"There, all done." She said, smiling widely at them. When they opened their eyes she was sitting there smiling happily towards them.

At first nothing seemed to happen except a strange feeling of light headedness. This passed quickly. It wasn't until they started to have the odd stray thought that they would notice something. When Sammantha had a stray thought Alice could hear it, and vice versa. The 'voice' in the head sounded close to their actual voice. Amanda was curious to see how quick they could notice they could talk to each other with just a thought. Once the two realised what was going on they could submit any thought they wanted to each other. At least for now.
Sam seemed a bit hesitant to stay still when Amanda's hand reached for her chest, but still stayed calm and focused on Alice, somewhat fantasizing it was her touch instead. Alice was more accepting, but still kept her mind focused on Sam as best she could.
Alice was the first to open her eyes, though at first, except for a slight feeling of light headedness, nothing seemed different. She looked over at Sam, who stared back at Alice.

What's different? Alice asked herself, I don't see any change. Did it work right?

Sam raised her brow as she heard Alice's voice, but didn't see her move her mouth, "Um...okay that was strange?"

"What?" Alice responded.

"You...spoke without speaking," Sam commented, "But it was more...like you were in my mind."

"Really? What did I say?" Alice wondered.

"Um...you were looking to see what had changed," Sam replied.

Alice raised her brow, looking over at Amanda before turning back to Sam, "Um...really? Because I was just thinking that, and you..heard that? Like...read my mind?"

"Well it wasn't on purpose," Sam interjected, "It wasn't like I read your thoughts. it was more like...you were thinking inside my mind."

"Oh I see...hey you try thinking something, see if it worked both ways," Alice suggested.

Sam nodded, looking over at Alice, um....hello?

"Oh my gosh, it worked!" Alice exclaimed, "I heard you clearly! It was all echo-y and stuff."

Sam chuckled, looking back over at Amanda, "I'm assuming that was what you were trying to do right?"

Bright Oblivion

03-26-2013

Quote:
Liana smiled, giving her shoulder a small squeeze.
"No, its not my fault. Just like its not your fault that you got someone here trying to keep an eye on you. You shouldn't have to deal with this, and its not your fault dear that this is happening to you in the first place. But it is happening and I want to do what I can to help you through this. Never feel ashamed to ask for help. I am here for you dear." [i]She said with a kind motherly smile. She wanted to hug Hope to help make her feel better, but knew that it wasn't so reassuring to Hope and so refrained from doing so. Though Hope would know that was something she did with seeing how Liana interacted with Lucy.[/i
Hope nodded slowly, giving Liana a mostly-forced smile.

"ᵀʰ⁻ᵗʰᵃᶰᵏ ʸ⁻ʸᵒᵘ, ᵈ⁻ᵈᵒᶜᵗᵒʳ ⱽ⁻ᵛᵉʳᵗᶦᶜᵃ⋅ ᴵ⁻ᴵ'ᶫᶫ ᵏ⁻ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᶦᶰ ᵐ⁻ᵐᶦᶰᵈ⋅"

Recognizing the desire, however restrained, to give Hope a hug, the doctor's intern nodded, endeavoring not to seem reluctant. If anything, it might help Liana feel better, and that was likely worth the slight discomfort. Also, with Tyson on the way, and people connected to her father watching her, she'd need all the reassurance she could get, no matter how small it might be.