The Medical Wing (open rp)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Equiste

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Doctor Namba walks over, rubbing an alchoholic smelling substance on his hands rubbing them until his hands seemed devoid of the substance before pulling out a clean pair of gloves from the container on the table beside the man. The man holds out his arm palm up towards Namba, smiling at Sammantha.
"Oooh, I see. She must be quite the woman to catch someone like you." He said with a smile. "How my lovely wife decided to be with me I don't know. She could easily get someone better than me. Not supermodel material, but not everyone wants one of those huh? She's still the sexiest woman I know. Not that you aren't up there." He said with a cheeky laugh. Doctor Namba seemed to be ignoring this banter as he prepared the area, looking at Sammanta as he pointed out some of the veins, eventually resting on one and picking up one of the needles and putting it closer to hand. She might figure out he decided the size of the needle based on the vein he was drawing it from. He puts down 4 fingers, giving a little extra space before he applied a tourniquet to that area. The man meanwhile still happily chatted to Sammantha.
"Unfortunately I don't get to see my wonderful snugglemuffins as much as I like due to my summoner work. Being in hospital doesn't help much either, but apparently I won't be here much longer. And with my leave I'll be taking I'll be showing her quite the good time." He said with a wink while Doctor Namba continued with the procedure. He wiped the area down with alchohol, giving some time for it to dry before putting his hand on the other side of the patients arm to hold it, placing his thumb on his arm a small distance from the tourniquet.
"Form a fist please." He said, the man complying as he continued to chat away.
"But enough about me, tell me something about yourself. Have you married her yet? How new are you here? Tried the cheezeburger at the cafe just down in the city?" He asked calmly, Doctor Namba picking up the needle in the other hand.

(OOC: And there is still more to go. :P)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AODRG

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equiste View Post
Doctor Namba walks over, rubbing an alchoholic smelling substance on his hands rubbing them until his hands seemed devoid of the substance before pulling out a clean pair of gloves from the container on the table beside the man. The man holds out his arm palm up towards Namba, smiling at Sammantha.
"Oooh, I see. She must be quite the woman to catch someone like you." He said with a smile. "How my lovely wife decided to be with me I don't know. She could easily get someone better than me. Not supermodel material, but not everyone wants one of those huh? She's still the sexiest woman I know. Not that you aren't up there." He said with a cheeky laugh. Doctor Namba seemed to be ignoring this banter as he prepared the area, looking at Sammanta as he pointed out some of the veins, eventually resting on one and picking up one of the needles and putting it closer to hand. She might figure out he decided the size of the needle based on the vein he was drawing it from. He puts down 4 fingers, giving a little extra space before he applied a tourniquet to that area. The man meanwhile still happily chatted to Sammantha.
"Unfortunately I don't get to see my wonderful snugglemuffins as much as I like due to my summoner work. Being in hospital doesn't help much either, but apparently I won't be here much longer. And with my leave I'll be taking I'll be showing her quite the good time." He said with a wink while Doctor Namba continued with the procedure. He wiped the area down with alchohol, giving some time for it to dry before putting his hand on the other side of the patients arm to hold it, placing his thumb on his arm a small distance from the tourniquet.
"Form a fist please." He said, the man complying as he continued to chat away.
"But enough about me, tell me something about yourself. Have you married her yet? How new are you here? Tried the cheezeburger at the cafe just down in the city?" He asked calmly, Doctor Namba picking up the needle in the other hand.

(OOC: And there is still more to go. :P)

Sam payed close attention to Doctor Namba, passively listening in on the man, until he asked her about her and Alice.

"Oh, no we're not married yet," Sam admitted, "Been dating for about 4...no wait 5 months as of tomorrow. And no, I don't really need to eat often and Alice tends to stay to the cafeteria here."

Sam continued to watch Namba as he picked up the needle. Not doubt she would have to do what he's showing her eventually, and she wanted to do it right.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Equiste

Senior Member

02-03-2013

"Four to five months? Aww, thats so cute. You two going to have a six month aniversery when it comes around? Seems the rage with the youngins these days. Oh wait, I'm not that old... Or am I..." He seemed to muse, before smiling widely at Sammantha. He didn't seem to notice when doctor Namba put the needled into his arm, holding it at a sharp angle in relation to the vein. With that he slowly drew some of the blood, the man still happily chatting away.
"You don't need to eat often? What about wanting to eat? You do try to go out together right?" He asked in a curious tone. At this point Doctor Namba released the tourniquet, still holding the needle in there. He grabbed a piece of cotton wool and slowly pulled out the needle, covering where it had been with cotton wool.
"Hold onto that please. And remember don't bend that arm." He said, the man almost doing it automatically as he waited for Sammantha's answer.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AODRG

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equiste View Post
"Four to five months? Aww, thats so cute. You two going to have a six month aniversery when it comes around? Seems the rage with the youngins these days. Oh wait, I'm not that old... Or am I..." He seemed to muse, before smiling widely at Sammantha. He didn't seem to notice when doctor Namba put the needled into his arm, holding it at a sharp angle in relation to the vein. With that he slowly drew some of the blood, the man still happily chatting away.
"You don't need to eat often? What about wanting to eat? You do try to go out together right?" He asked in a curious tone. At this point Doctor Namba released the tourniquet, still holding the needle in there. He grabbed a piece of cotton wool and slowly pulled out the needle, covering where it had been with cotton wool.
"Hold onto that please. And remember don't bend that arm." He said, the man almost doing it automatically as he waited for Sammantha's answer.
"Yea, we go out on occasion," Sam replied, "Before I got this job here, we were basically stuck with old pizza out at the lake in Demacia. But now we try to head out together to the cafeteria."

Sam continued to watch Namba as he drew the man's blood, "So I gotta ask, what does bring you here. I'm sure it's something more than to draw a bit of blood."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Equiste

Senior Member

02-03-2013

"Ah, I see. Haven't been able to get out much here huh?" He asks, looking somewhat sympathetic.
She only got as far as 'bring you here' before she was interupted.
"Actually you don't 'gotta ask' anything. What you 'gotta do' is watch and make sure you understand what it is I am doing." He said, not bothering to look at Sammantha as he took one of the tubes standing up on the stand beside him with rubber stoppers in place, slowly sliding the needle into one in one of the racks, not pushing out the blood as it flowed into it.
"So please keep your questions related to the procedure. We don't know when you will need to do this and knowing sooner is better than later." The man looked towards Doctor Namba, a sympathetic expression on his face as he opens his mouth before he closes it again, sighing and smiling to Sammantha.
"Well its good you two get some time together. Does she work here as well?" The man asked as Doctor Namba disposed of the syringe in one of the bins in the room. It was made out of steel. He sticks something over the wool to affix it to his arm, allowing the man to let go of it. With that he disposed of his gloves and cleaned his hands with the alchohol again, looking back at the man.
"How are you feeling?"
"Pretty good as normal. Nearly feels like you didn't do anything." He said with a smile. Doctor Namba looked at Sammantha, seemingly waiting for something. Probably questions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AODRG

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equiste View Post
"Ah, I see. Haven't been able to get out much here huh?" He asks, looking somewhat sympathetic.
She only got as far as 'bring you here' before she was interupted.
"Actually you don't 'gotta ask' anything. What you 'gotta do' is watch and make sure you understand what it is I am doing." He said, not bothering to look at Sammantha as he took one of the tubes standing up on the stand beside him with rubber stoppers in place, slowly sliding the needle into one in one of the racks, not pushing out the blood as it flowed into it.
"So please keep your questions related to the procedure. We don't know when you will need to do this and knowing sooner is better than later." The man looked towards Doctor Namba, a sympathetic expression on his face as he opens his mouth before he closes it again, sighing and smiling to Sammantha.
"Well its good you two get some time together. Does she work here as well?" The man asked as Doctor Namba disposed of the syringe in one of the bins in the room. It was made out of steel. He sticks something over the wool to affix it to his arm, allowing the man to let go of it. With that he disposed of his gloves and cleaned his hands with the alchohol again, looking back at the man.
"How are you feeling?"
"Pretty good as normal. Nearly feels like you didn't do anything." He said with a smile. Doctor Namba looked at Sammantha, seemingly waiting for something. Probably questions.
Sam nodded at Doctor Namba as he interrupted her, understanding why, "Don't worry, I'm watching."

Sam continued to watch as the man asked her another question, "Hmm, oh no Alice doesn't work. She kinda can't really...kinda hard to explain. Not to say she's lazy or anything, but it's kinda hard to get a job anywhere without any official records."

Sam then turned her gaze back over to Namba again, seeing he's waiting for something, "So, are we all set here?"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Equiste

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Doctor Namba raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything when she said she was watching. She got the feeling that wasn't what she should of said. The man looked at Sammantha with a slightly worried expression before relaxing and looking at Sammantha curiously.
"Ummm, she doesn't have any official records? That sounds unusual. Erm, is this something I shouldn't ask about or..." He said, looking awkward. Doctor Namba simply waited a bit, raising an eyebrow when she asked if they were all set.
"Well what do you think? Are we all set here?" He asked calmly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AODRG

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equiste View Post
Doctor Namba raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything when she said she was watching. She got the feeling that wasn't what she should of said. The man looked at Sammantha with a slightly worried expression before relaxing and looking at Sammantha curiously.
"Ummm, she doesn't have any official records? That sounds unusual. Erm, is this something I shouldn't ask about or..." He said, looking awkward. Doctor Namba simply waited a bit, raising an eyebrow when she asked if they were all set.
"Well what do you think? Are we all set here?" He asked calmly.
"It's a long and complicated story," Sam replied to the man before turning to Namba, "I think so, but it did seem like as though I'm forgetting something we need to do. We finished quicker than I remember the first time I drew blood went."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Equiste

Senior Member

02-03-2013

"Ah, I see. Well, guess you and I don't have that much time to talk about it. I imagine you want to leave on time to see your beautiful beau." He said with a smile, before looking back at doctor Namba. Namba just looked at her calmly, no change in his face except for when he spoke.
"You think? Well that doesn't tell me much." He said, his face still the same expression as before.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AODRG

Senior Member

02-04-2013

Sam felt as though she answered Namba.

"Alright you got me," she exclaimed, "What did we not do?"