The Medical Wing (open rp)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Equiste

05-09-2012

Zeph:

"Really? No military stint or anything?" He asked, thinking it was ridiculous that there was mandatory military service in some of the city states. "Surely you had some way to earn your coin before undergoing the trials of a summoner? You don't feel your battle skills are advancing?" He asked inquisitely. He should really get to know more people around here apart from Equiste.

Ryugi Kazamaru

05-09-2012

"Well, my father was a blacksmith. He made weapons and armor for the Demacian Military. I often trained with some of them when I wasn't reading spellbooks." Kaz took another sip. "And my battle skills aren't really advancing because I don't really use them much. Summoning isn't exactly standard battlefield tactics you know."

Equiste

05-09-2012

Zeph:

Zeph noticed that Kaz avoided mentioning anything about military service, but decided that wasn't what Kaz wanted to talk about. "I see, do you train every day? Wake up early and do like an hour of training or something?" He said, punching the air to highlight his point before looking at his hands. "Though I'm not much of a fighter myself. Generally I try to stay out of it unless a friend is in trouble. I image in that way you are the same?" He considered something for a second before looking up at Kaz. "Too bad his connecting to your mind didn't really make a difference in the outcome in your head. That might work against him. So what was your father like? In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if he had met Equiste when he was in the military."

(OOC: You're still awake?)

Ryugi Kazamaru

05-09-2012

(( Only because I was watching DBZ Abridged. I'll be heading to bed after this post here because I want to wake up early enough to get some time with Riven before they disappear for the day. Conflicting time zones suck noodles for RPing things. XP ))

"My father was a good, honest man, but he and I didn't see eye to eye on very many things. He was a man of the earth, I had my nose in magical tomes more than learning the craft of smithing." He sighed. "Of course, after I left for training, I sort of grew apart from him and my mother. I learned how to fight with a sword even more, had the Measured Tread burned into my brain, and effectively spent three years learning to be one of Demacia's summoners when I wasn't practicing with my swordplay." He took another sip of tea.

"I don't mean to sound bitter, but military service just didn't suit me. I quickly learned that the ideals of the military, while strong and noble, were not the same sorts of ideals by which I wanted to live my life. So, when I'd served my three-year term, I gained entrance into the Institute of War and classified myself as a neutral summoner. At least that way I could control what I fought for, if even indirectly." He sighed.

"As for having a training regimen, I don't. I summon champions into battle, and keep my skills fresh by experiencing combat from both ends. That doesn't mean I can't fight, mind you, just that I don't unleash my skills unless the need arises. As it stands now, I'm too weak to effectively be a League Champion, and too strong to simply be a run-of-the-mill summoner, but I've chosen this life because it suits me." He glanced at the folded Journal. "...At least it has up until now..." However, he looked to the yordle as he spoke of Equiste's predicament.

"He didn't have a direct impact, no, but he did check up on me, and regardless, he charged to the rescue of an almost perfect stranger. That's a noble act no matter what he did to accomplish it, and I'd be willing to testify to that in front of the High Councilors themselves." That said, he took another long sip of tea.

"All this waiting is frustrating...and oddly, tiresome. Waiting to heal, waiting for more information on the League's involvement with Kalamanda, waiting for Miss Riven to arrive..." He trailed off as he mentioned Riven. Her presence had given him the push he'd needed to overcome the beast in his head. But now, he silently wondered what he could possibly say to her when she arrived. Given the circumstances...maybe 'Thank You' was the only thing that would be warranted, especially after the awkwardness of their last encounter... He huffed a grin and downed a long drink of his tea before turning back to the yordle. "Could you get the nurses to do me a favor? When she arrives, could you see to it that she and I have a little privacy?" The grin changed to a faint and tired smile. "I...have a feeling she and I will want to talk without a bunch of crazy eavesdroppers..."

Ryugi Kazamaru

05-09-2012

(( And with that, bedtime. Riven, if you backread and see this, I'll be waking up around 9-10am my time, which is noon to 1pm your time. Hopefully that'll give us enough time to do something if all goes well. ))

FilFire

05-09-2012

Sparky has gathered all the feathers, and Shraido has cleaned all the paint. They go back to the ceiling, trying to stuff the feathers back into the pillows.

Sparky: "We'll have to leave him and Riven alone when she comes."

Shraido: "If only because the yordle with the stick might otherwise come again."

Sparky: "That too, but also because of you know what."

Shraido: "I still say it would've gone fine if it wasn't for enthusiasm."

They disappear, taking the pillows with them.

GizzyBear

05-09-2012

Wacthes Shraido and Sparky disappear.

".....I'll let it slide, but im not sure if the other me will."

Giant Spider: I'm so going to kill him, im going to eat that furball.

White Bird: Wait if you do kill him, what does that make me since im part of you?

Gizzy ignored both his spirit and decided to change his coat since it smelled like paint and blood.

Equiste

05-09-2012

(OOC: Goodnight.)

Zeph:

"I see." He said, listening to everything Kaz had said. He thought for a bit what Kaz had said about how Equiste had no direct impact with his use of the connecting magics. Sadly regardless of the nobility of the act, the fact that it had no direct impact would be a factor against Equiste. Hopefully he wouldn't need Kaz's testimony but it was a back-up if the trial was going badly. He smiled when he mentioned the privacy he'd want with Riven. Made sense. It was probably time for him to go anyway. "I will advise them of your wishes. Just don't try to fawn over her too much." He said the last part with a cheeky wink, hopefully showing he was making a joke. Mostly. Before he exits the room he turns around one last time. "Oh, and I'll apologise in advance if I have to end up doing this, but I can count on your support for Equiste at the trial if things aren't going well?" He was worried that it might not go well. He waited for his answer before he left with one final set of words.
"As frustrating as waiting is, patience is what is sometimes demanded of us. Be well summoner Kaz." He goes to the nurses station and advises them of Kaz's wishes to not be disturbed when Riven comes along. The best way for them to do that is to probably put a sign up saying Kaz isn't to have any more visitors and move whoever is in the room out of the room just before she enters it. A nurse was probably best to lead her there to give the others time to get others out of the room. With his tasks done he headed off.

(OOC: Seems they can't both be free to roam at the same time. How does Equiste keep getting stuck in these situations? :P)

MysticalRaven

05-09-2012

Athelia walks out the hospital almost skipping because she was so happy.

Ryugi Kazamaru

05-09-2012

(( Here and awake...well, sort of. *Is still half-alseep* ))