The Medical Wing (open rp)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Youay

09-13-2012

Youay smiled and nodded.
"Yeah, I am doing very well. In face I met a girl, and things seem to be going well. But it has been a bit Sigmund, how goes it with yourself."
He gets up and puts his book away and motions for Sigmund to take a seat.

Bright Oblivion

09-13-2012

Sigmund nodded. "It has. Does this lady have a name?" He made his way over to the couch and sat down. "I've been well, I suppose, as has Emily. Except for one thing: why I'm here. Whenever someone threatens her, the seals you put around my mind start shaking and rattling, and feel like they're going to shatter any second. It's not a good place to be, at all. When I discussed it with Vince, he suggested a secondary, physical line of defense to keep me in control. Since you're the one who placed the mental seals in the first place, and pretty much the only doctor I'd trust with such a need, he advised me to consult you on the subject."

Youay

09-13-2012

Youay rubbed his chin as he listened to Sigmund. He dug into his pocket and pulled out his notebook and took some notes.
"Hmm that is something to worry about. And I agree with Vince, a secondary fail safe would help out immensely if the seals ever did break."
He walked over to Sigmund and put his notebook down and put his fingers on Sigmund's temples.
"First things first I wanna check out the seals and repair any damage to them first and then we can move on from there. Hopefully I don't have to go into your mind to do this since it is my own magic I am connecting too."
He closed his eyes and concentrated on his spell work, not before stating.
"Her name is Ethelyn."

Bright Oblivion

09-13-2012

"Ethelyn Felder?" Sigmund asked, intrigued. "Mister Balder Felder's daughter? Huhm."

As could probably expected for having been tested as they had been, the magical seals Youay had put in place had undergone considerable wear and tear, and were rather loosely surrounding the lycanthropic essence, barely holding it in. Likely, one more good push would have shattered them completely. Youay could likely repair them from outside Sigmund's mind, though any replacement he decided to do would require the doctor to work from the inside.

Youay

09-13-2012

Youay concentrated on his spell and repaired the seals, though they wouldn't last nearly as long as they originally did. He removed his hands and adjust his glasses. He picked up his note book and jotted some formulas down.
"Yep, that's the one. And your lucky you came here when you did, those seal would of been gone if someone so much as sneezed on you. I repaired them, but that is only temporary, the seals are worn and will keep getting weaker and weaker till repair's won't matter any more."
He nodded as he circled something on the book.
"I will need to dive in and make a stronger seal, and luckily I have a proper magic circle in here that I need to make a stronger seal. And it will give a chance to further survey the situation so I can recommend a back seal or fail safe."

Bright Oblivion

09-13-2012

Sigmund tilted his head to one side and replied simply, "Interesting." However, whether he was referring to the fact that Youay was dating Ethelyn or the fact that the seals had nearly expired was uncertain.

When Youay mentioned that he would need to enter Sigmund's mind to make a stronger seal, the Gatekeeper nodded. "Alright. I trust you don't need me tagging along with you when you go in? It shouldn't be too hard to find where you need to go, especially with that soul fragment still up there to show you the way." Truth be told, Sigmund had no desire to look at the portion of his mind where his lycanthropy was almost completely sealed away. It reminded him how close he was to the edge, something he didn't want to think about right now.

Youay

09-13-2012

Youay nodded and lifted his hand calling forth power. The floor of his office pulsed in a swirl of color and magic as a magic circle appeared on the floor as if it was freshly carved into the wood. Sigmund would be able to sense Youay's aura and magical signature all around him.
"Yeah, I shouldn't need you to join me for this one. Now just relax and stay calm, this will only take a few minutes or so."
Youay stood in front of Sigmund and raised his hand and chanted his spell as the energy in the room stirred loose papers and the like all over his office. And with a small pulse of energy Youay entered Sigmund's mind again.

Bright Oblivion

09-13-2012

Sigmund leaned back into the couch, endeavoring to relax when he felt Youay's aura and magical signature surrounding him. The scent of mountain air was almost overpowering, but he endured it, closing his eyes and resting his hands on his head as he allowed Youay entry into his mind.

Metaphysical Youay would find himself standing on the other side of a line of barbed spears that had been set at regular intervals along the inside of the wall that served as a representation of Sigmund's mental defenses. Various runes had been inscribed into the walls surface and were glowing faintly, strengthening the defenses and making them more difficult to destroy, though Youay would not have much time to examine them.

In front of him, staring at him with its obsidian eyes, sat the firewolf from before. "Greetings, healer," it stated with a yawn that showed its teeth. "I take it you're here to replace the seals around the box?" It got to its feet and tilted its head to one side, waiting for Youay to respond before turning and making its way through the dim light. "This way," it called back, not even bothering to see if Youay was following.

Youay

09-13-2012

Youay shook his head, connecting like that was always a rush. He was taking a look at the defenses when the wolf spoke to him. He turn to face it and nodded as he followed it.
"Yep, the old ones are not in fit shape anymore, and will continue to degrade. So it will be more of a upgrade really."
He followed the wolf while reviewing the spell he was going to use in his thoughts as they traveled to the box.

Bright Oblivion

09-14-2012

The wolf nodded as it wandered through the gloom. In the distance, Youay would see a black shape standing in sharp contrast to its surroundings, even in the dimness. As they neared it, it would become evident that this was the box that the wolf had referenced as their destination. It stood roughly 6'3" and was large enough to contain a figure the size of Sigmund when he shifted, made of a dark metal that seemed to suck in what little light was present in the surrounding area. Surrounding it, and keeping it closed, was a set of chains created from the seals that Youay had put in place and recently repaired.

"I wouldn't advise removing the current seals before something is in place to replace them," the wolf said as it sat down facing it. "The consequences could be unfortunate."