The Medical Wing (open rp)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Youay

Senior Member

04-29-2012

Youay walks in just getting back from where he was and heads over to Wukong. "Ok, I will get you patches up in a jiffy." Youay sets to work healing the Monkey Kings injuries. "Could of been a lot worse you know." The wounds knit together and become whole once more with hardly a trace.
"There you go. Give it a few hours for everything to settle and you should be ready to do your thing once again."
A nurse walks into the room and whispers to Youay about Sigmunds arrival.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bright Oblivion

Senior Member

04-29-2012

Hearing the doctor enter, Sigmund stands up and steps into view of the doorway to the doctor's office. "Doc," he mutters. "I reckon I should advise you about a potential patient you will have in a few days' time. Though I request that you not inform anyone else about it, except those who would need to know such things."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Youay

Senior Member

04-29-2012

"Hmm ok Sigmund, lets go into my office and we will discuss this in private in my personal office."He turns to the Monkey King "Now Wukong if you need anything else one of the nurses will gladly get it for you. Sorry to leave so suddenly but as you champions know, Duty calls." With that he leads Sigmund into his office and offers him a seat in the couch as Youay goes to sit at his desk." So whats going on Sigmund?"
(A short description of Youay's personal office is one the front page.In case you were wondering.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bright Oblivion

Senior Member

04-29-2012

((I know. Siggy's been sitting on the couch for awhile, waiting on you.))

Sigmund settles into the couch, resting his cane across his lap. After ensuring that no one can listen in through the door, he begins. "I have it on relatively good authority that there will be an individual, a female, age 21, roughly 5'9", who will be arriving at a point somewhere in the Institute via a one-way, gremlin-designed, cross-Realm portal. It would be ill-advised for anyone to attempt to catch her as she exits, due to the fact that re-entry tends to occur at relatively high velocities. Injuries sustained will be reminiscent of someone falling roundabouts 20 feet or so at about 15-20 miles per hour. Potential broken bones, bruising, and the shock of finding oneself in an environment totally unlike the environment the individual had just left, in other words. If she is anything like her grandmother, she will probably be a relatively skilled healer in her own right, although she may not have the presence of mind to heal herself. I would recommend stabilizing her and sending someone to find me if I'm not already there as the best course of action." Sigmund considers whether he might have forgotten something and adds, "She will most likely call herself 'Rival.' Do not question it, do not press her for an actual name. If I'm right, the events that have made it necessary for the gremlins to send her here would cause her to find it rather difficult to trust complete and total strangers. More so than usual."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Youay

Senior Member

04-29-2012

(Yeah I had to go to the store for stuffs.)
Youay was jotting down notes about what Sigmund told him. Underling key points and circling the name Rival. "Ok, I will let my staff know. But do you know around what day, or time for that matter, when the gate will open? I can understand if you don't know where exactly and I can set up patrols to keep a look out." He continues to jot a few things down. "If need be we can also prepare a temporary room for her here in the med wing, to give her time to adjust."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bright Oblivion

Senior Member

04-29-2012

Sigmund shakes his head. "I fear that she might perceive such an isolated room as a prison cell, which would make her uneasy. You should probably just settle her into a relatively crowded area, like the Break Room or the main part of the Medical Wing. As to when, the message I received mentioned that it would be on Valknut, which was a symbol for an ancient god named Odin, or Wodin. Someone cannibalized the name and that's how a certain culture created the name Wednesday. If my sense of time is still accurate, that would be three days from now. I do not know what time during the day, though. The message did not mention that part."

((I'm not sure what the Runeterran days of the week are. So this explanation is relatively vague to serve that purpose.))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Youay

Senior Member

04-29-2012

Youay nods and notes it down on his calender. "You got it Sigmund. I will have some nurses working over time to patrol the institute grounds that day. They will see her to the break room and fetch either myself or one of the other doctors to see to her healing." He writes up some instructions and puts it in his outbox to be sent to the Matron a little later. " If I am availble I will try to be there for her. If not my staff is more than capable of helping her out. And don't worry, I will ensure that all they know is that someone is going to be telephoning in and may need assistance." He adjust his glasses and looks at Sigmund. "Other than that is there anything else you need help with?"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bright Oblivion

Senior Member

04-29-2012

Sigmund shakes his head. "Not medically, no. As a friend, though, perhaps. I will admit that her arriving has me slightly on edge. A lot has happened in the six years since I've seen her, and more than a little bit of it is difficult to explain. I figured I had at least a few years to decide how to confront this can of worms. To find out it's going to open in three days? Admittedly, it's not the best of circumstances. Not at all."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Youay

Senior Member

04-29-2012

Youay nods as he listens to Sigmund. "So to put it simply, she is a significant person from your past and things have been rocky between you two." He sits back in his chair adjusting his glasses."Thats at least what I gathered from what you said. Life does have a funny way of dropping these things on us, and sometimes the best way for us to handle it..."He trails off as he reaches into a drawer and pulls out a bottle of fine alcohol and two glasses. "Is to cope."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bright Oblivion

Senior Member

04-29-2012

Sigmund nods. "Calling things between us rocky would probably be like calling the ocean sort of wet. One of the last times we met face-to-face, she did kind of push me off a roof. Four stories up. I'm partially responsible for her older brother being killed, and I don't even want to start thinking about what good old uncle Sven might be doing in the slums now that he's in charge." He takes a glass from the doctor after he has filled it and raises it in a toast. "To coping. And good alcohol." With a grimace, he downs it, making a face as it burns its way down his throat. "For the record, enhanced senses aren't all they're cracked up to be. More often than not, I'm losing taste buds. The safe route would just be to eat and drink bland things, but that's also the boring route. Besides, taste buds grow back. Mostly."