The Medical Wing (open rp)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bright Oblivion

05-03-2012

"Rival" slowly wakes up, though it would not seem so to the outside observer. She keeps her eyes closed and keeps her breathing slow and deep, mimicking sleep. With her remaining senses, she attempts to ascertain her current surroundings, realizing a few things as she does so. First, she is lying in a bed, in a room that feels and smells completely different from the amazing hallway she last remembers being in. It smells faintly of disinfectant, sanitizer, and cheap air freshener. Second, the intense pain in her forearms and her chest is gone, leaving behind a weariness that she has learned to associate with healing. If she had to hazard a guess, she would say that she is in a medical ward of some sort. That would explain the bed and the smell, as well as the overall atmosphere. Third, her boots and, by extension, her knife, are not near her. She takes a moment to silently curse at this and then begins to consider what she has on her person that she can use to defend herself if need be. The fourth and final thing that she realizes, the thing that unnerves her the most, is that she is being watched. She is unable to discern what is watching her but, with luck, it would not realize that she knew it was there. As she does not know what the watcher is and cannot think of anything that might be useful for defense, she is at a disadvantage. Realizing this, she inadvertently stiffens slightly before forcefully relaxing. It did no good to worry about things out of her control. She slowly opens the eye she judges to be furthest from the watcher slightly, still pretending to be asleep, and begins to examine the room. There is a chair against the wall next to the door, with evidence of someone being there recently. She can hear voices speaking out in the lobby, speaking about this patient or that. Nothing special there, though it serves to confirm her theory about where she is. That answered, she moves to the topic of how she has gotten there. Last thing she remembered, she was in a decadent hallway, which put palaces and monuments to shame, staring at a small figure, roughly two feet tall, she guessed, in white robes and a white hat. It had seemed mostly sentient, and something about it appeared to be magical as she had seen it teleport from one spot to another instantly. She wonders what had happened to it and where it might have gone, as well as what it might have been, before returning to the problem at hand.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Meanwhile, Sigmund stands outside the door, unaware of anything that might be happening inside the room, smoking his pipe and spinning a knife between his index fingers, one resting on the pommel and one resting on the tip. He smiles to himself. It would appear that "Rival" had taken her grandmother's advice about never going anywhere without a knife to heart. He wonders momentarily how she would react when she realizes that the knife is gone, but puts it out of his mind almost instantly. He would reenter the room once he had finished smoking his pipe. By his guess, she wouldn't wake up for awhile yet.

((It's interesting slamming one of your characters in the face repeatedly with dramatic irony, utilizing other characters. He seems like a total moron, and I almost want to shout, "No, Sigmund! Don't go into that closet! The serial killer went in there five minutes ago and didn't leave!"))

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2012

Tek didn't notice "Rival's" stirring, partially due to his tiredness. He stared off in a random direction in the room, contemplating pulling out his staff and possibly practicing with his light spells he's been working on. He then suddenly sneezed in his normal, child-like fasion, shaking his head a bit and rubbing his nose after.

Bright Oblivion

05-03-2012

Tek's sneeze had two effects. One, it made Rex shift in his sleep, revealing to "Rival" that there were at least two individuals in the room. Two, it made "Rival," who is currently wound up tighter than Uncle Scrooge's purse strings, jump. She silently berates herself for this, as she's almost certainly just given away the fact that she's awake.

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2012

Tek looked over at "Rival", making a rather curious sounding squeak at her. His blue and purple eyes shimmered slightly, he could have sworn that he saw her move. He then shrugged, figuring that she was still probably asleep, then pulled off his hat, rubbing his eyes a bit more and yawning again.

Bright Oblivion

05-03-2012

When the minion squeaks, "Rival" holds herself perfectly still, waiting for whatever it is to jump on her or realize that she is no longer asleep. When this doesn't happen, she partially opens the eye closest to the minion, trying to figure out what had made the squeak and the child-like sneeze. When she sees the white-robed creature, without its hat, she relaxes somewhat, both intrigued by what she was looking at and somewhat certain that, if the creature had meant her harm, it could have just left her in the hallway. Deciding that the charade has gone on long enough and that she can not do much, even against the small, somehow-magical creature, with what she has at hand (a hairband around her wrist and a couple hairpins), she fully opens her eyes, gently sitting up slightly in bed. She glances at Tek and holds a finger to her lips, gesturing for him to stay quiet and not alert anyone else in the room or outside.

Silverling

05-03-2012

Tek looked at 'Rival', somewhat startled at her sudden movement. He quickly pulled his hat back on, hiding his face once more, then pulled out his notebook and scribbled down a note, quietly handing it to her, the pencil he was using with the note in case she wished to write her reply.

Being quiet is no problem of mine, Miss. Though I can honestly inform you that no one in here or outside the room is going to harm you.

Bright Oblivion

05-03-2012

After spending a few days with the 4' black-robed midget club (gremlins by any other name), "Rival" is quite used to people communicating without speaking. She reads the note and nods before whispering, "I'd rather not take any chances, if it's all the same to you. I have a few questions, though. First, where am I? Second, what happened after I blacked out? And third, and I'm sorry if this sounds offensive, what are you?"

Youay

05-03-2012

Youay walked down the hallway with a coulple nurses updating him on some ofthe various events of the day since the doctor was out on some house calls. He stop by Sigmund and asks the nurses to go ahead win their duties as he fumbles around with the files they handed him.
" sorry I couldn't stay with her after I healed her, I had some appointments outside the institute I had to handle." he motions his chin towards the room. " how is she?"
( yay lunch time post, and house calls , youays excuse to go poof in most cases lol)

Bright Oblivion

05-03-2012

Sigmund glances at the doctor, nodding understandingly. He pulls out the pipe and replies, "Last I checked, she was still asleep. Reckon the energy she used to help you heal her, and the whole healing process, took a lot out of her. Tek's in there with her, just in case she wakes up."

Silverling

05-03-2012

Tek made a noise that sounded much like quiet laughter. He quickly scribbled out a reply.

First, you are in the medical wing of an Institute on the world of Runeterra. Second, after you blacked out, I tried to heal you and failed doing so, and called for help. Sigmund and Doctor Youay came and healed you, then brought you here. Third, I am what's known as a 'minion'. Generally my kind is not sentient and has an average lifespan of about thirty seconds due to being used essentially as canon fodder.