Current Viable Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GoatMafioso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2009

I agree with the majority of the list though I do think a handful could probably be bumped up or down a single category. I'm not too sure, as it stands, that pirate is really a "most viable" but that's only because of a lack of masteries/runes. His early game is no where near as strong and all he's especially useful for is his ult. Now, when things catch back up to how they were if he hasn't been nerfed he'll be super strong all over again. Alistar is also an incredibly under appreciated tank, right now. Some of that is because of some of the odd things that trigger the cooldown on his heal (Cannonballs and fear in the boxes...really?) but he is still great for doing team tower dives with and pushes like a beast.

Crazy Demon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2009

Lol, with the release of the Top 500 ELO players, e-***** measuring in these forums have risen 350%.

GNOY

10-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterAyars View Post
Jax is pretty narrow at the moment.
In what sense narrow?

SamuraiPanda

10-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatzel View Post
lets never EVER tier list this game EVER.

EVER

anyone from the smash community probably agrees with me
Why would we agree with you? Being one of the people who makes the official Smash tier list, I don't understand your comment whatsoever.

myrmidon

10-26-2009

I would say at the moment Shaco is currently the most overpowered 'when played by a master' champion. He is absolutely unkillable when played by anyone who is good at him, I'd put Twitch at a similar level when played by a very competent player. No, I haven't been in any tournaments or **** like that but there are a few halfway-decent champions that turn into absolute ****ing monsters when put into the hands of a master. Some of those champions in the viable section are included in this.

Uthgar

Recruiter

10-26-2009

I don't think a list like that works out well. Its so hard to classify heroes with different roles into categories like viable and unviable. If you break it down by roles, you start to see that even the roles of the tanks are different and the casters (in both offensive and support categories) as well. Due to the strength and apparent clarity of certain roles ( AOE initiator for example), tanks like amumu and malphite shine in people's eyes and are played a lot more.

So let's say we were doing casters tier (and by casters I mean offensive sort): I THINK it would look like this, based on organized team games:

Fiddle: Defintely the caster with the most impact on games
Pheonix/Annie : Very powerful casters who can take a beating
Karthus/Veigar: Situationally useful casters
Ryze: Rarely useful caster

Why doesn't someone else do a list for another class and we can discuss that out as well as this one?

Logo

10-26-2009

Yeah Uthgar that's a much better way to do it. You also need to break out 3v3 vs 5v5 as well (or just focus on 5v5). Warwick and Ryze, for example, seem to be more viable in a 3v3 format than a 5v5.

feardragon

10-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgar View Post
I don't think a list like that works out well. Its so hard to classify heroes with different roles into categories like viable and unviable. If you break it down by roles, you start to see that even the roles of the tanks are different and the casters (in both offensive and support categories) as well. Due to the strength and apparent clarity of certain roles ( AOE initiator for example), tanks like amumu and malphite shine in people's eyes and are played a lot more.

So let's say we were doing casters tier (and by casters I mean offensive sort): I THINK it would look like this, based on organized team games:

Fiddle: Defintely the caster with the most impact on games
Pheonix/Annie : Very powerful casters who can take a beating
Karthus/Veigar: Situationally useful casters
Ryze: Rarely useful caster

Why doesn't someone else do a list for another class and we can discuss that out as well as this one?
Very much this. Uth, you seem to have a decently good idea about it. Why don't you make it? =b

Uthgar

Recruiter

10-26-2009

3 v 3 is a completely different beast, BUT I will say that MUUUUUUUUUUUUUNDO rules in 3 v 3. And the gap between tanks who dont have aoe initiations and those that do becomes less apparent.

I guess I could give a shot of what I know Fear, but theres a lot of grey area in most categories:

Tanks

Amummu: He does it all, stun aoe initiate, and do damage if you ignore him
Malphite: Aoe Initiation, Damage if you ignore him (possibly), very tanky

Both these heroes can jungle very well (not right now but at lvl 30), increasing their versatility.

The rest dont have a powerful aoe initiation, so I believe they get split into different categories... you have tanks that cause disruption in a team fight and then you have those that are ganking tanks. Due to the nature of "AOE initiation" its hard to classify the above 2 tanks into gank tanks or disruption tanks... they are a bit of both.

Gank tanks:

Rammus: Has the most map control and mobility of all the tanks in the game. Taunt is amazing anti carry ability as well. Problem is his HP gain is low, but his armor and MR with ball curl more than make up for that. He does better than the rest when it comes to team fights with his taunt and aoe damage.

Singed: I love singed. he's so fun to play, but in a real team fight he gets ignored and the only person he can toss vs a good team is their tank... That being said, basing your lineup around him and using his craziness probably hasnt been done well yet. Would love to see it.

Disruptor tanks:

Allistar: Has an aoe stun, and a headbut to position people and disrupt channels. Can heal and be super annoying . Unkillable with his ult... but why kill him is the problem. That being said he IS alive, he IS annoying and there aint nothing you can do about it. Best pushing tank in the game.

Chogath: ANother fun hero. Massive HP, a silence and a stun. Why isn't he higher? He can be ignored also and isnt a threat till hes more farmed. He cant push as good as allistar so....

I think if people used cooldown runes and cooldown items with disruptor tanks... they could rise in prominence.

Then there are the semi tanks or secondary tanks which are a class of their own I would say:

Nunu Sion Blitz Mundo (not in any particular order)

Making a tier list is very hard, because certain heroes shine in certain lineups. There is a lot of GOOD variety in the game, and lots more games need to be played on a high level before anything liek a tier list can be made with confidence.

SG GodFlow

Recruiter

10-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiPanda View Post
Why would we agree with you? Being one of the people who makes the official Smash tier list, I don't understand your comment whatsoever.
Oh my god, who would've guessed that SamuraiPanda plays League of Legends? ;o