Current Viable Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khrane

The Council

10-25-2009

With somewhere around 400 games under my belt, I can confidently say that I have seen EVERY SINGLE CHAMPION played effectively in a high tier. In the right hands, any hero can be an amazing asset to a team. Of course, in most hands, heroes like Janna are not very effective, but a player who masters her can dominate.

So, EVERY champion is very viable. It's just about hero combinations and group balance.

Siveal

10-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khrane View Post
...With somewhere around 400 games under my belt, I can confidently say that I have seen EVERY SINGLE CHAMPION played effectively in a high tier...
According to the top 500 summoner list: Khrane - Rating 1895. That's some street cred, dawg.

radica

10-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamenddischarger View Post
Most Viable:
Alistar
Amumu
Anivia
Annie
Ashe
Blitzcrank
Fiddlesticks
Gangplank
Malphite
Master Yi
Morgana
Sion
Soraka
Taric
Teemo
Twisted Fate
Veigar
Zillean

Viable:
Cho'gath
Corki
Dr Mundo
Jax
Karthus
Kassadin
Katarina
Kayle
Nasus
Rammus
Ryze
Shaco
Sivir
Tristana
Tryndamere
Twitch

Not Viable:
Evelynn
Heimerdinger
Janna
Nunu
Warwick
Dear dreamischarger, please stop talking about LoL. Honestly, I'm sick of your constant posts about you constantly talking about your skill and prowress at playing/understanding competitive LoL (especially concerning Kat) when your ELO rating is below 1700 according to the top 500 LoL players post. People who are retorting you have street cred. What do you have? Last standings post from your winning games in noobie island that last too long.

Floatzel

10-26-2009

lets never EVER tier list this game EVER.

EVER

anyone from the smash community probably agrees with me

WinterAyars

10-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by radica View Post
Dear dreamischarger, please stop talking about LoL. Honestly, I'm sick of your constant posts about you constantly talking about your skill and prowress at playing/understanding competitive LoL (especially concerning Kat) when your ELO rating is below 1700 according to the top 500 LoL players post. People who are retorting you have street cred. What do you have? Last standings post from your winning games in noobie island that last too long.
I've got over 1700 (and i'd have a whole hell of a lot more if i didn't only play with newbies and inhouses/scrims) and i pretty much agree with this list. I'd change some stuff around myself, but this is pretty reasonable. I know a lot of high level players really love Singed, and i think i like him more than dream does. But yeah.

You don't even know dream if you think he's biased in favor of kat. His favorite champion is probably Eve, but you'll notice she got put into "unviable". Which is pretty much true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatzel View Post

EVER

"Smash community"...

I don't think they count

TheZeroFaReal

10-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatzel View Post

EVER

God Tier:

Melee - Fox
Brawl - Metaknight

amrite?!

dreamenddischarger

10-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by radica View Post
http://www.couchathletics.com/forums...p?f=193&t=4909
I've got top 8 in the prelease tournament.

Here is the list of the player's ELO ratings of the team we played in the Third Round.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=20721
Akatosh 2155 -6th best
Pandasaurus 1842 -120~ best
klorinator 1807
linstar 1749

What do you have?

Lemt

10-26-2009

I'm not a good player, but I agree Cho is only Viable. He's my favourite, but until the late game can't expect to win a 1-on-1 fight.
Great at harrassing, though. Scream from grass at an incoming champion sends them running away most of the time, and temporarily harmless if they don't. And Rupture is GREAT croud control.

GNOY

10-26-2009

How you even differ viable and most viable? From your list it seems that Jax and Shako are less viable than Cardmaster (which rarely sees play atm) and Alistar (which really need some buffs and tweaks imo, cause he sux compared to other tanks and Sivir can push out the **** much better).

Also how the **** you compare Soraka with Jax, Veigar with Corki. ETC. Is this your personal rating? You should at least divide it into categories, like tank, support etc.

If you meant "balanced" by "viable", then I kinda agree with some points, but again - Jax is one of most balanced heroes atm. As well as Cho'Gath. And Shako needs only few littlee tweaks.

WinterAyars

10-26-2009

Jax is pretty narrow at the moment.

Shaco is really strong, but in my view somewhat questionable. What purpose does he serve on a team? Yeah, he's unkillable, but what about the rest of the team? Would you give up, for instance, an Ashe for him? I actually think i'd rate him higher than dream, but i've got questions as to his viability.

Cardmaster is underrated. (Edit: I'm told team AoN banned cardmaster in their game against team Mundo in the recent tournament. Just in case you doubt my claim that CM is underrated.)

Alistar can do things no other tank can.

Soraka is secretly amazing, but only if you know what you're doing.

Shaco needs to lose about 30% of his damage dealing capabilities >_>