Current Viable Champions

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dreamenddischarger

10-25-2009

Here I'll list the most viable champions in their respective roles, from most viable to least viable. Please feel free to criticize the placements, or even the categories. This might get a little messy.
I'll list the top 5 in each category.

Tanking- The ability to take damage and the ability to convince the opposing team to focus you.
Allistar
Amumu
Malphite
Cho'gath
Rammus

Burst Damage- The ability to deal massive damage in a matter of 2 or 3 spellcasts
Veigar
Annie
Anivia
Fiddlesticks
Kassadin

Best Physical Carries- The ability to deal large amounts of damage over the course of a team fight, and live to tell about it.
Ashe
Gangplank
Yi
Twitch
Tryndamere

Best Magical Carries - The ability to deal large amounts of magical damage over the course of a team fight, and live to tell about it.
Katarina
Kassadin
Anivia

Best Crowd Control - Ability to disable opposing champions
Fiddlesticks
Allistar
Amumu
Morgana
Blitzcrank

Best Initiators - Best champions at starting team fights
Singed
Malphite
Amumu
Tryndamere
Rammus

Best Supporters - Heroes with the best support skills
Soraka
Zilean
Morgana
Kayle
Taric

Best Chasers/Gankers
Shaco
Katarina
Kassadin
Jax
Zilean

Best Tower Diving Champions
Flash
Flash
Flash
Flash
Flash

Best Healing/Regenerating/Protecting Capabilities
Janna
Taric
Soraka
Allistar
Kayle

Best Pushers
Taric
Allistar
Soraka
Singed
Sion

Lollerman

10-25-2009

Warwick and Nunu are fine surely?

ZGBudai

10-25-2009

Way to be vague.

Also, since I don't exactly know what this thread is about I'm just going to go and say that Warwick is

-Balanced
-Powerful
-Has a role

So I don't know why he isn't viable.

dreamenddischarger

10-25-2009

All Warwick can do is kill low health characters, and initiate. Unfortunately, his ultimate is very easy to shut down, and without it Warwick is extremely weak.

ZGBudai

10-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamenddischarger View Post
All Warwick can do is kill low health characters, and initiate. Unfortunately, his ultimate is very easy to shut down, and without it Warwick is extremely weak.
Obviously you don't play him correctly.

Early - Mid he can shut down almost any other champion with his ultimate if he properly jungle'd for the first 7 minutes.

Late game he has a global buff which increases his teammate's efficiency and carry potential. As well as an ultimate which can help disable support or another carry.

He's really powerful and I use him all the time.

Also, Nunu is pretty strong as well.

Lollerman

10-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamenddischarger View Post
Difference in play style I suppose. I've seen good Wicks who don't jungle or use ult to kill, and they're total beasts who play on the deceptive nature of visible advantages.

What about Nunu? He shouldn't be in the same league with Wick... he has good lane presence.

Gathox

10-25-2009

You left out Singed.

h4rdcor3

10-25-2009

The problem with these lists is it all depends on how your team is built. A good cho'gath is fantastic. He doesn't die, can actually push creeps really well, AOE stun and silence.

Twitch is annoying as hell in the first 20 min played correctly. Worlds best ganker. Late game he can hold his own with yi on tower pushes.

Kassadin: Great chaser and hard as hell to chase to kill, Aoe slow, silence nuke

sivir, great early game harass, might be the best lane pusher

myrmidon

10-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gathox View Post
You left out Singed.
I think Singed would go into the Viable section just for the fact of how good of a team player he is.

Also unfortunately I'm going to have to agree with the Warwick comment, his ult isn't particularly powerful, his runspeed buff isn't that useful, and his abilities just aren't up to par.

WinterAyars

10-25-2009

Yeah... Warwick is a chaser, but without a particularly good chasing ability. His ult is effective, but narrow. He can jungle, but when people have level 30 accounts a huge number of champions can jungle nearly as well as he can while not being screwed over in other ways...

Incidentally: I'm a great Chogath and i'd kind of like to argue he's in "most viable", but when it comes down to it he doesn't have the tools the other tanks do. He's situationally strong, though.

12345 ... 6