LoLMatches - A JabeBot Replacement!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gabrola

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2012

You guys should check out the new charts.
And I was wondering would you guys like feature in the client to show the stats of the people in the lobby while you're in the lobby?

DiscworldDeath

04-30-2012

They'd like it, but I suggest against it.

Queue endless queue dodging again. Let people see after the game who they played with, not before the game, please.

Not to mention the Sociology researches where they told a teacher one student who just moved to Junior High was gifted, and another was having issues with his studies, and they formed opinions and graded them accordingly, though their averages were identical prior...
The relevancy is, how much you'd trust people's decisions, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if queue dodging and such played a large part in JabeBot being closed. That and some of us mentioning it on the matchmaking thread

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2012

this is probably most helpful for mid elo players. Once you get to around 2k, people start knowing each other, and people get a reputation. There are def people that you see and are like "this player got carried and is actually super heavy... this is going to be a hard game" even though they have high elo.

Basoosh

04-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post
Keep in mind that the top 100 isnt entirely accurate since it can only pull elo from the lobby screen, so if someone who doesnt have the program has several games without someone who has it, their elo could be several points off from what what everyone else sees.
True, although it's arguably just as good a number as JabeBot's rankings back in the day, as that list was only updated if someone manually checked on a person's Elo. This returns ten Elo scores to the mothership for every game played. As the amount of users increases, it gets that much more accurate, likely surpassing JabeBot's numbers at some point in terms of accuracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrola View Post
You guys should check out the new charts.
And I was wondering would you guys like feature in the client to show the stats of the people in the lobby while you're in the lobby?
It'd of course be awesome, but I'd echo Discworld's concerns. Still, it's not like this isn't available with LoLNotes already if someone wants to see who their opposition is and what their Elo is. Given that, I guess I say go for it.

On my support issue, I'm betting it was the LOLNotes running in tandem. Thanks for the heads up!

DiscworldDeath

04-30-2012

Not many people have lolnotes, and many who do need help to get it working. I know, I helped several people get lolnotes working.

I feel lolnotes is too strong. But also, just because something is available, doesn't mean I want to make it more available if I oppose it. But that's just my stance.

Forestgreen02

04-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Stop dodging me you jerks.
Must ruin your ELO. *Goes 100% super tryhard mode every game*

POOTERSS

04-30-2012

Nice... now I'm feeling better about the loss to PECS in DominateDominion #2...

3rd on NA servers Konfetarius(2515 elo)

4th on NA servers in Feed(2488 elo)

6th on NA servers Panzerzs(2404 elo)

7th on NA servers CaptnBuberry(2394 elo)

11th on NA servers Painkillar(2349 elo)

dammmmn

Maldorca

04-30-2012

Why can't you upload old files (not from the game i just played) as well?

I think they stay on the computer for like 2 weeks (or it used to be like that), so we can have a nice elo chart without having to play like 20 games. Not sure if I expressed myself well.

DiscworldDeath

04-30-2012

What files do you mean for him to upload? You need the program to track the data it has from when you enter champion select. He does so along with the end-game information right after the game ends.

Maldorca

04-30-2012

But where do you get that data from? I assume there's a file that riot sends to server so they can match you with teammates, isnt it?