Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Akali Problems

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zodiacshape

08-12-2010

One problem I have on Akali is if I should be activating her spell vamp passive or just skipping it and focus on rushing Rylai's Sceptor. If I skip the passive it frees up rune slots. Another problem is if I should get a rageblade or a hextech cause the hextech got a recent buff and looks promising? My last problem is Sheen, should I be rushing this first thing or put it off until I get Rylai's finished? I would appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Matuk

08-12-2010

I typically rush Rylai's Scepter, then build the Rageblade.

SuicidalPankake

08-12-2010

I prefer getting rageblade, then building rylais. I tried getting hextech, but its just too expensive for me, seeing as how rylais, lich bane, guardian angel, and zhonyas are pretty expensive themselves. Trying to get hextech set me back really badly.

ScrumRuck

08-12-2010

I personally like to grab a longsword and a pot to help me lane initially, that usually keeps me in the lane long enough to grab rylais, or most of rylais and boots.

Siky

08-12-2010

1) Spell Vamp is actually useless while laning. You're healing an extra what, 4-10HP every 4-6 seconds? You might think it adds up, but it doesn't. Spell Vamp doesn't replace a simple 35g HP Pot. It is however a necessity for jungling as any form of healing outside of Pots helps you.

2) Rylai's only affects your ability to kill if you can get it before level 8. If not, Guinsoo is actually better. That means you need to get kills early on for Rylai's to pay off since it snowballs your ability to kill people who are already dying or having a hard time against you. Figure out what's best for you in the match, if everybody is running Ghost, Guinsoo is actually better first because Rylai's will not counter-act Ghost that well.

3) I would still get Rageblade before Gunblade. For value alone, Rageblade is better. You get it faster, it's cheaper and it provides you more stats than you're paying for. If you want to get Gunblade after sure, but I think Zhonya's or Lich Banes are both better items for Akali afterwards.

4) Do not rush Sheen first. Get a hybrid item before you get Sheen. Sheen is good if you get some AD first, so rushing it first isn't actually any good. It gives you 80% of your base damage so why not grab that Guinsoo first before Sheen? I don't find Sheen to be an exceptional item on Akali though, she doesn't do amazing if you stack AD over AP and Sheen benefits AD. Lich Bane is the opposite, but then that flips it and makes your AP more important. Either way, do not rush Sheen, it's better to get Rylai's, Guinsoo's (+ Boots) and then get Sheen.

Matuk

08-12-2010

Quote:
Siky:

4) Do not rush Sheen first. Get a hybrid item before you get Sheen. Sheen is good if you get some AD first, so rushing it first isn't actually any good. It gives you 80% of your base damage so why not grab that Guinsoo first before Sheen? I don't find Sheen to be an exceptional item on Akali though, she doesn't do amazing if you stack AD over AP and Sheen benefits AD. Lich Bane is the opposite, but then that flips it and makes your AP more important. Either way, do not rush Sheen, it's better to get Rylai's, Guinsoo's (+ Boots) and then get Sheen.

Base damage. Not total damage.

Sheen is not affected by items like Longsword. I never bothered to get it on her either.

Matuk

08-12-2010

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
i suggest ignoring the spell vamp passive, rushing sheen, and then getting an item based on your build after that--haunting guise if you're going ap, rageblade if you're going hybrid. rylai's is cool and all, but it's not invaluable and doesn't do as much for your damage output as other items. i'd rather have sheen + guise + elixirs + lizard buff than i would rylai's.

The Rylai's is mostly for survival, and to help slow them down when they run.

Despite how neato the shroud is, it doesn't really slow very much. With how spammable her other skills are, the slow effect is exactly what you need to chase down somebody, and allow yourself to take some extra hits.

Building as a glass cannon is just stupid on a melee champ anyways, no matter how good your burst damage is.