That OTHER Place (Very Open RP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bright Oblivion

05-14-2012

Emily- Vince's Lab

Emily rolls her eyes. "If you say so, Miss Lily." She turns to Silver. "If I remember correctly, you mentioned not being able to control what you were dreaming. Care to elaborate?"

Sigmund- Soggy Powderkeg

Sigmund's leans back in his chair and strokes his beard, looking to all the world as though he hadn't heard Vince's question. Vince and Wilma would notice that his eyes were now a sharp, unforgiving light blue, bordering on white, and that he was gripping his glass so tightly that his knuckles were turning white and the glass was starting to show the strain. "Do you really have to ask such a retarded question?" he hisses, just loud enough for Vince and Wilma to hear him. "You should know better than most how dangerous and fatal a move making someone who thrives off of staying hidden's face that famous. You might as well have wrapped me in a meat poncho and dropped me in a pit with starving tigers. It would have been more polite and given me more of a fighting chance." He smiles, though it doesn't reach his eyes. "But you're going to fix it, Vince. You're going to deal with the museum and the bounty hunters, and you're going to see to it that that despicable artist suffers a tragic accident, or whatever is necessary so that I can have my face and name back, no strings attached or disguises necessary. Why? Because I doubt Lily would be happy to hear that you'd tried to pull a stunt like you just did, especially when she's already plotting how to punish you for putting her body in an exhibit like that. Because you made the mess and it's your job to clean it up." He stops stroking his beard and holds his hand palm-up above the center of the table. A mist the color of a thundercloud starts to emanate from it, bubbling out of the middle of his palm, spilling over the edges of his hand, and disappearing just before it reaches the table, and the pub begins to smell of freshly-fallen rain. He closes his hand into a fist and the mist stops flowing, though the smell still lingers. "And because I asked politely," he concludes, still in a barely audible hiss. He takes a drink and returns to lounging against the back of the chair, though his eyes are still focused on Vince, their ice blue hue the only outward evidence of his extreme irritation.

((Think dry ice fog, only dark grey.))

ColossusCrusher

05-14-2012

Cassiopeia nodded, "That would be acceptable, but perhaps we should pay first."

AskPantheon

05-14-2012

"Yes, of course."

Pantheon gestures for a waiter

ColossusCrusher

05-14-2012

"I suggest we split the bill," added Cassiopeia before the waiter arrived.

Grand Viper

05-14-2012

Vince's Lab

Lily insisted, "I do say so! The water was already black! I make lasers, boiling water isn't hard! I didn't burn it!" Lily wasn't actually angry, but she was becoming more defensive. She decided to follow Emily's line of questioning to take the heat off of her, "Ah, yes the dream! Would you care to elaborate, Silver?"

Soggy Powderkeg

Vince smiled and motioned to Wilma, "Wilma, dear? Can you get me a revolver and a mirror? Preferably .50 caliber. Fully loaded. Please and thank you." Wilma nodded and made her way to the bar. Vince reached to his belt and grabbed a vial. Popping it open he drank it in a single swig and coughed, his facial features starting to faintly resemble Sigmund. He muttered to himself, "Did I make the nose bigger...I can't rightly remember...Bugger if it matters, it just has to be close enough."

Vince's smile did not peter, "Sigmund, you must understand, I was not feeling particularly creative at the time. I didn't take all of your features, and the name came to me like a spark of pure inspiration. I didn't do it out of spite, and you know that I know better than most people what it means to keep a disguise. I would have been terrible at killing people otherwise." Wilma came back with a mirror and a over sized revolver. Vince smirked as he rested the mirror on the table in front of them, "Fun thing about being a Summoner? You learn a few tricks from summoning Champions like LeBlanc." Slicing his finger open with a fingernail he quickly traced several magical runes and signs on the mirror's glass while staring into it. These signs quickly faded with a magical hum and Vince nodded happily, "Righto."

Passing the revolver to Sigmund, Vince winked at him, "I suppose I didn't tell you, but free booze comes with a free show." Wilma smirked, "Really Vince? You're going to pull that?" Vince looked at Wilma, "Yeap. Just like old times."

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2012

Vince's Lab

Silver's antennae twitched once, then glanced between Emily and Lily for a moment. She was actually surprised the mechanical hand didn't fry her right there. She then tilted her head to one side, first correcting the mechanical hand.

"Dreams. There were multiple. Though its hard to say what was actually the dream."

She crossed her arms on the table, leaning forward a bit as she did.

"You see, my dreams aren't the typical nonsensical dreams one runs into. In fact, they all tend to be rather lucid. I even have to force myself into the very back of my mind whenever I sleep, otherwise I would probably be quite the talkative sleep walker. What generally happens is that my mind picks a world, and I go play around there until I wake up. Its quite relaxing really, gives me time to clear my mind and organize my thoughts without being interrupted. Though because of this, I tend to sleep through just about anything. The few and far between things that wake me include getting freezing cold water dumped on me, and nightmares."

She brushed a bit of hair out of her face, then rested her chin on her hand before continuing.

"Though, I normally don't have to worry about the latter. I've had complete control of my dreams since age 213, in other words, I haven't had a nightmare for 1800 years or so up until now. But these ones are different, not your typical little night terrors one might run into, they're memories, the darker ones in my mind that I would prefer not to remember. I wouldn't willingly dream of them, so it makes me wonder... Are they the product of my mind, or of some uninvited guest's tampering?"

((And now you know why Silver's such a heavy sleeper. d= Also, fun guessing game~ Weee~))

Grand Viper

05-14-2012

Vince's Lab

Lily clicked, "Well, considering how I haven't slept in a decade and therefore haven't dreamed, couldn't tell you." Twitching her thumb and her pinkie finger was her way of shrugging, "I don't really read much into dreams. If something was tampering in your head, wouldn't squirrel face know?"

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2012

((GV, check yer messages real quicky))

Vince's Lab

The Energy squirrel's ears twitched once, then slightly glared at Lily.

"On the contrary, Heartseeker, we stay out of that section of her mind. The mental projections she has up there tend to keep everything in check, and they're kind of scary. Despite what you may think, we're not completely invasive and demand that the Goddess shows us everything going on in her head."

Silver nodded, then shrugged.

"I'm generally alerted when some one has been back there, but so far I haven't had any problems. So if some one has been messing around in my head, they're good at hiding and don't stay there for long. "

Bright Oblivion

05-14-2012

Emily- Vince's Lab

Emily grins at Lily's remark and her increasing defensiveness, but then turns to Silver. "I can't say for certain either way. I'm a healer, and a relatively good one, I suppose, but my skillset lies primarily in the physical, not the mental. I'll see what I can figure out, though." She pulls a small notebook out of a bag she'd been carrying with her and begins to write in it, muttering to herself as she does so. Eventually, she looks up at Silver. "You mention that you haven't had a nightmare in 1800 years, and that you've had complete control of your dreams for that time. This suggests that, unless something else was at play, your control shouldn't slip, at least not to the extent that you're experiencing what you claim to be experiencing, which makes the nightmares simply being a product of your mind relatively unlikely. The most likely, and admittedly most disturbing, cause would be outside tampering. However, that's just a guess. I'm definitely out of my element here."

Sigmund- Soggy Powderkeg

After Wilma leaves, Sigmund slides the glass of beer away from him and pulls out his pipe, lighting it and giving it a few experimental puffs before speaking. "I know you didn't do it out of spite. And I suppose it was clever, given limited resources, if somewhat annoying to the person whom you took some features from. What set me off was the name. There are three things you do not do around someone who believes that names have power, three breaches of etiquette if you will." He holds up his index finger. "You don't say a person's name unless they give you permission to use it, and you certainly don't say it when the people around him and closer to him than you are not using it." He raises his ring finger. "You don't shorten a person's name. Doing so is a sign of extreme familiarity, typically reserved for couples. The only person whom I let call me Sig is Emily. If anyone else called her Emms, I would almost certainly throw them through a wall." He lifts his middle finger. "The last breach of etiquette you want to avoid is shortening a person's name and adding something else to it. It's an extreme insult. You may have found calling me that name to be quite clever and entertaining, but, to be honest, you might as well have slapped me across the face with your glove and said 'Sabres at dawn.' It's that bad." He grimaces. "You didn't know, had no way of knowing, and I shouldn't have flipped out. Forgot to warn you that my temper shortens the more I drink. Trust me when I say that you don't want to know what would have happened if that mist had touched the tabletop. It wouldn't have been pretty."

Sigmund accepts the revolver, checks the ammo, and makes sure that the cylinder spins freely. "Alright," he says with a nod. "Tell me what to do and when."

Grand Viper

05-14-2012

Vince's Lab

Lily clicked, "You have to keep in mind, Silver's 2000 years old? So outside tampering has to be done by something that's smart. You can't just have some jerk be all like, 'Oh I'm going to do this!' And besides, it really matters how bad the nightmares are. If it's like, naked in a meeting bad then it's just an eye raiser. If it's like soaking in the blood of everyone you've ever known then you may have a problem." Lily clicked once more, "Vince has a weird nightmare or two."

Soggy Powderkeg

Vince nodded his head, "Terribly sorry, Sigmund. I didn't mean offense, it was unintentional at first and I eventually thought it was humorous. To be perfectly honest, I'm going to say the name a few more times in the course of what I'm about to do. I truly do hope you like shooting me!" Sliding off the chair he slightly wobbled, "And by the by? If we did sabers at dawn? You'd totally sack me. I'm better versed in epée, bloody terrible at sabers."

Vince stretched himself, "Pretty much, I want you to get all disguised and do some improvisation. Collaborate a bit with Wilma, she'll give me the sign outside the pub, and the show starts." He made sure he held the mirror in hand as he made his way out the pub. Vince screamed as loudly as he can, "It is me! Siggy Stardust! I am inebriated and I want to be lavished in attention! This masculine, lion of a man is willing to talk to his adoring public!"

Most of the crowd instantly got to their feet and started stampeding towards the door. Wilma reached over and easily lifted both Sigmund and his chair. Carrying him over the crowd she sets him down with the other bartenders as Vince disappears with the crowd. Wilma snorted, "Before we do anything, did Vince say free booze?"