Ask 'the' Night Hunter

1234511 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ugh

02-25-2014

((First time doing something like this and new to RPing in general, so there's bound to be growing pains but, as the old saying goes, no pain no gain! Will make a smurf later on for sure as well! ^_^))

Ongoing / Interesting RPs
http://pastebin.com/bTxkazh2 < Vayne x Sol x Leta x Others

NPCS
((Vayne's Adopted Daughter Leta: http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/3994))
((Demon Possessed Ex-Night Hunter and Vayne's Childhood Friend : Rinchell)) http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/4006

Background
Sometimes the worst things imaginable happen to some of the most innocent of people. Shauna Vayne was no exception to this phenomenon, living a blessed childhood, she truly believed that nothing could possibly shatter the small personal reality she had created. Little did she know that one night, an event would take place, that would prove her reality to be nothing more than a myth. The once stable walls that made up her world came caving in, the night that she was forced to watch her family tortured and murdered, escaping only after the deeds had been done. It is said that the smallest of things can leave a profound impact on a child's development into an adult, so one can only imagine how this turn of events molded Shauna into the person she is today. Backed by the affluence of her father, she chose to walk down the path of the warrior. Unsure of the motives for her decisions, she convinced herself that it was to enact vengeance upon the one who destroyed her innocent childhood. However, once everything was said and done, Shauna became the first Night Hunter, swearing never to let what happened to her, happen to anyone else...

((Sorry for the long background post, I just like her story and got carried away writing it!))

Introduction
Sitting at her desk finishing some paperwork, Shauna began to day dream...
'What would my life be like if that never happened...would I still be doing what I am doing now?...', she pondered to herself, reflecting on the past.

Her brief moment of deep thought suddenly came to an end when an all too familiar knock sounded on her door.

Looking up slowly, her gaze was met by the warm smile of the summoner whom she had grown accustomed to seeing on a regular basis at this point.

"Was there something you needed, Summoner?", she inquired, slightly perturbed after having her moment of reflection interrupted.

Accustomed to her unintentional bluntness, he smiled at her and replied, "Well, a request has been passed to me from the higher-ups, to let you know that they wish for you to dedicate some time every day to answering a line of inquiry from a to be determined pool of sources...".

Knowing full well that she would not be too fond of hearing the news, he awaited her reply.

Shauna let out a sigh, shaking her head slightly. "I would think that the higher-ups would have more important duties for me to undertake, perhaps hunting down those enveloped in darkness?", she replied sarcastically, not expecting an answer.

...a brief moment of silence passes...

"Alright summoner, you may inform the higher-ups that I'll oblige to this 'line of inquiry' that they are proposing. You may now take your leave, as I have more pivotal things to take care of at this time.", she stated in a stern yet sarcastic tone, breaking the silence.

The young summoner bowed slightly to show respect. "I will inform them immediately, Vayne", he said as he turned and left her office.

'Perhaps this line of inquiry will not be quite so lamentable after all. I may discover things about myself that I have yet to uncover...', she thought to herself, once again finding herself drift into a deeper state of mind.

((sorry if I did it wrong! I've never done this before, hopefully it's alright, I'm not a very good writer! >_<))
((Also if someone wanted to take on the role of the assistant feel free!))
((I should have a good deal of free time during the day up until around 3pm CST!))

All AFK IdraSol

02-25-2014

((Greetings, Vayne!))

Dear Night Hunter,

Do you fear what you do not understand?

James Duralis

Ugh

02-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by All AFK IdraSol View Post
((Greetings, Vayne!))

Dear Night Hunter,

Do you fear what you do not understand?

James Duralis

Fear of the unknown eh? I feel that at this point, there is very little I do not understand. When confronted with something I am unsure of, I find myself running towards it, where most would shy away. The pursuit of knowledge is something that is never ending, and the idea of something unknown only adds to the thrill.

~The Night Hunter

Deep down, however, there was something she did fear...

SparkDude117

02-25-2014

A letter arrived for the Night Hunter wrapped in black and red finery sealed with the symbol of a dragon's wing.

Dear Shauna Vayne, The Night Hunter

I was curious at too why your eyes glow red at night, and what kind of magics would you consider 'black magic'?

Highest Respects,
~Queen Azora Dreadwing of the Black Dragonflight

Ugh

02-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkDude117 View Post
A letter arrived for the Night Hunter wrapped in black and red finery sealed with the symbol of a dragon's wing.

Dear Shauna Vayne, The Night Hunter

I was curious at too why your eyes glow red at night, and what kind of magics would you consider 'black magic'?

Highest Respects,
~Queen Azora Dreadwing of the Black Dragonflight
Impressed with the attention to detail put into the embroidered piece of stationary, Vayne took extra care in opening the letter and removing its contents.

Hello Your Majesty,

I've heard that there are rumors going around in regards to the color of my eyes, however I can assure you that most of them are quite exaggerated. The truth you ask? While my protective eye-wear do have a red tint, what I believe started the rumors was the illusion of 'red eyes' caused by the fear I instill in my prey. Fear can lead to a wide variety of illusory disorders, hallucinating being one of them.

As for what I consider black magic? Black magic isn't something that can be broken down on a spell by spell basis, it's more complex than that. What makes a certain spell 'Black Magic' revolves around it's usage. If one were to wield magic to harm others or bring about disaster, that would be 'Black Magic', and would also leave them susceptible to being added to my little black list.

~The Night Hunter

Kuronan

02-25-2014

Dear Night Hunter

You seem to chase after your opponents with a zeal alien to a great amount of champions, and I must say I have respect for your zeal to cull the creatures of the dark, but are there ever times when a chase is too close, where you may be forced to call upon some form of unarmed combat if a creature turns around and attacks you?

Summoner Kuronan

Ugh

02-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuronan View Post
Dear Night Hunter

You seem to chase after your opponents with a zeal alien to a great amount of champions, and I must say I have respect for your zeal to cull the creatures of the dark, but are there ever times when a chase is too close, where you may be forced to call upon some form of unarmed combat if a creature turns around and attacks you?

Summoner Kuronan
Summoner Kuronan,

I appreciate your words of praise, as well as your firm understanding of my resolve in hunting those who have become 'tainted'. However, let it be known, Summoner, that I, the Night Hunter, never lower my bow to a creature of the darkness. They may try as they will, to assault me, lest they find themselves nailed to a tree by one of my bolts.

~The Night Hunter

Despite her confidence as a hunter, the letter did stir up a memory, one that caused her slight discomfort.

Queen Ashe FQ

02-25-2014

((Welcome to the RP Forums. Before we get started, there are a couple things you may want to take note of.
1.) MAKE A SMURF. This is non-negotiable, and is part of the rules as described here. Takes 4-6 games to level it up enough, so there really isn't a whole lot of excuse as to not having one.
2.) Use this to help both display avatars and search through your posts (among a billion other useful things).
3.) If you ever get bored you can come join us on skype. just add me (dk2player) or Kameil (onedudething) to join the main ooc / ic / w/e chat. Though you don't have to if you don't want to.
4.) Enjoy your time here!

Now, with that said....))

An ice hawk flew into Vayne's view and landed in front of the Nighthunter. With a quick motion it handed her a letter made mostly of ice, before bursting into a cloud of ice and feathers.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vayne.jpg (495.5 KB, 32 views)

Ugh

02-25-2014

Vayne took a moment to appreciate the spectacle that had just occurred, before opening the ice-form letter.

Dearest Ashe,

I kindly respect your 'genuine' concern for my well-being. With that being said, I would like to make it known that while I harbor no ill-will towards the Frejlord or its inhabitants, I cannot guarantee the well-being of anyone that could be considered a threat to the balance of this world.

~The Night Hunter

The letter from Ashe left her curious as to whether to consider it a warning or a threat.

((Thanks for the input, sorry I couldn't make an image reply, I'm at work!))

GunnerOfLight

02-25-2014

((I was wondering if you think that Vayne hunts alone, or if she is part of a group, because I always thought that Lucian, Vayne, and Senna before her soul was stolen at least used to be part of a group that hunts down undead and other evil creatures. But, I understand that my head cannon isn't the same as everyone else's, so I thought I would ask. Your answer will determine how I would interact with you.))

1234511 ... 14