A Guide To Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

06-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulanopo View Post
I was coolly positive on this little project until you added this part. The Tribunal isn't a modern-day Turning machine where the pearl-clutchers get the vapors over some words that they don't like. Context and intent are just as important as the words themselves.

Let's say that our jungler is staying in the jungle too long and I say to him, "Hey, we're getting murdered in these 5v4's. Could you stop d*cking around?" According to you, a juror should just vote to punish because I used a word on your forbidden list. What happens if I tell someone to "get the sand out of their vagoo" and stop spamming surrender votes? I just referenced someone's lady bits, do I deserve an auto-punish? Yes, there are some words and phrases that I would encourage people to not use in public, but your list is needlessly long.

The whole point of Tribunal is for you to read over the case and decide whether or not you think that the person deliberately spoiled another player's experience. Stop advocating using someone else's criteria.

My apologies. That part was badly done. As a correction, I re-phrased that part and shortened that list for just the most commonly seen and punished words (on the NA Tribunal) that dehumanize people based on race, gender, and sexual preference.

These particular words are ones (not the only ones but the ones that pop up most often) that can offend regardless of intent or context.

EDIT: I also added what these words actually mean and who they have been used to discriminate and dehumanize against in case people don't recognize the words. It might be the most I can do without violating forum decency.

JohnnyOmega

06-04-2012

Added LeaverBuster to Section XI.

JohnnyOmega

06-05-2012

Started up Section XII. FUN FACTS ABOUT TRIBUNAL.

NecroticBinder

06-05-2012

Originally it was only 10 cases a day.

JohnnyOmega

06-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methelod View Post
Originally it was only 10 cases a day.
Okay added to the original post. Thank you.

Aradene

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2012

you could also add the details pendragon released on the 1year anniversary to the fun facts.

JohnnyOmega

06-07-2012

Added the original 30 second timer to Fun Facts.

I'll add the anniversary stuff next.

JohnnyOmega

06-09-2012

Okay copy/pasted the anniversary info into Fun Facts.

NecroticBinder

06-09-2012

Hm, anything to add about the infographic?

JohnnyOmega

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methelod View Post
Hm, anything to add about the infographic?
It's colorful? :P

I'll see if I can find a better image file for it. The pic doesn't seem to show up well when I click on it.

Also, besides Pendragon, does anyone know the names of the other Reds that review Tribunal and non-Tribunal cases?