A Guide To Tribunal

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 27
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

04-28-2012

Added the following solution to the "What Am I Looking At?" section under the description of the punish/pardon/skip tabs.

"☆ If the Captcha doesn't register your input as correct even when you type in the correct sequence, try clicking on the refresh tab that is next to the Captcha and then try the new sequence."

Eredaar

04-29-2012

Hey quick question... I have left games before enough to be banned for like a day and am about to hit 30 will I still be able to participate ( I haven't gotten banned from anything else and like I said only enough for one day )

SimplyAlive

04-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eredaar View Post
Hey quick question... I have left games before enough to be banned for like a day and am about to hit 30 will I still be able to participate ( I haven't gotten banned from anything else and like I said only enough for one day )
Yes. If I am not mistaken, you are only unable to participate for the duration of your suspension.

JohnnyOmega

04-29-2012

It seems to me that there is a distinction in how the terms "ban" and "suspension" are used.

"Suspension" pertaining to minor punishments, and "Ban" used to describe more serious punishments.

Is this correct?

Scryu

04-29-2012

You're looking at how the tribunal should be handled if the viewer was a riot employee, not how the actual person punishes or pardons.

Lord Ferret

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOmega View Post
It seems to me that there is a distinction in how the terms "ban" and "suspension" are used.

"Suspension" pertaining to minor punishments, and "Ban" used to describe more serious punishments.

Is this correct?
They are more interchangeable. Different people use a different word. So it all depends on who you talk to.

JohnnyOmega

04-29-2012

It says on the wiki:

"Any summoner level 30 and has never been banned by tribunal before can participate in reviewing Tribunal cases."

However if a player that has been suspended before can still participate in Tribunal, that sentence may be inaccurate.

Is there a confirmation anywhere by Riot staff about the conditions that prevent voting? Or perhaps the terms "suspension" and "ban" are used differently by Riot to differentiate levels of punishment.

Lord Ferret

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2012

It is is you are not currently Banned that you can use the tribunal.

While you are sitting on a ban you can not use the tribunal.

Unless you have another 30 summoner. I believe the Wiki is off on its wording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotPi View Post
You'll be able to participate in the Tribunal when you reach level 30. We need to adjust the wording on that splash, but basically you can participate as long as you are level 30 and not currently banned.

JohnnyOmega

04-29-2012

Okay I fixed the text in the original post to say "is not currently" instead of "has never been".

JohnnyOmega

04-30-2012

I added a section to the bottom of the original post directing players to Riot Support, since I occasionally see people asking about that.

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/home

12345612 ... 27