A Guide To Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

08-19-2012

Restructuring of the guide has been completed. A lot of text transferring but now there is plenty of room to add new information to the guide.

The guide now consists of this "main thread" and two floating threads. I'm going to add some good stuff these next few days.

JohnnyOmega

08-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOmega View Post
I was trying to add this to section XII.

14. When a player is punished for "Offensive Name", that player's in-game name will be changed to "Emailsupport + (a number)". The player can then email Riot Support to have their name changed again.
Added it to what is now section III of ☆ A Guide To Tribunal: Trivia And Wisdom ☆.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOmega View Post
To add later to discussions of interest section.

A player complains about suspension for disconnecting. Design Director Zileas sheds light on the subject of Leaverbuster.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...96333#28296333
Added to section V of main thread.

JohnnyOmega

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
From now on, spamming false reports will have effects besides just lowering one's credibility in the reporting system.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2502821

Big news - gonna add it to discussions of interest and fun facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
These are not Tribunal bans. We've been doing a lot of experiments and analysis with false reporters and have found that many of them are contributing to negative experiences in the games they are in--these players tend to threaten players with reports, or threaten players to play their way or be reported. For example, the OP in this case has reported hundreds of players that were not actually toxic and in the process created toxic experiences for these players. The same OP has received reports in 19% of his games resulting in hundreds of reports filed against him and has been punished multiple times by the Tribunal.

We've reviewed these players with extremely high numbers of false reporting and decided to send out a temporary timeout to these players and warn them that this behavior is unacceptable and let them know that they have been creating a negative experience for other players.

Quote:
The e-mails sent to players that someone they reported was banned was a small experiment we ran to determine the impact of that kind of feedback. We have not fully built that feature yet, so players don't receive e-mails for every 'accurate' report.

Quote:
We greatly, greatly encourage players to continue to report every toxic player or leaver in the game. However, we were pretty heavy-handed in this measure because we noted how absolutely toxic these players were when they abused the report system. These are players that threaten other players on a continuous basis and also report players that do not deserve it.

Players that accurately report players--even if they report a player in every game--will never be affected by these types of penalties. For example, your report weights are perfectly fine and you've reported over 200 players.

Quote:
This is incorrect.

Let's be clear here: If you see a toxic player, please report them. Even if you report 10,000 of them, you will be fine. For example, I just looked at an account in this thread that has reported 200 players--his report weights are perfectly fine.

I then looked at a player that was banned in this thread and he's reported 1000+ players and 630 of them were actually decent players that did not deserve bans. In addition, the player that was banned had received hundreds of reports himself and was banned twice by the Tribunal already. I then checked some chat logs of this player and he continuously, relentlessly threatens players with reports throughout matches--this is absolutely unacceptable.

We're targeting toxic players who are abusing the report player function and creating a negative experience for those around him. For the 99% of players who use the feature responsibly, they should continue doing so and making a difference in the community.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2503298

JohnnyOmega

08-22-2012

Added this to section I of a Guide to Tribunal: Trivia and Wisdom.

9. Abuse of the report option through such toxic behavior as threatening and false reporting.

JohnnyOmega

08-22-2012

Over 11,000 views as of this post.

Lyte has started a discussion thread himself on the topic of report abuse as well.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2504838

JohnnyOmega

08-24-2012

an interesting tidbit

Quote:
No, we don't use Tribunal verdicts to decide who falsely reported.

JohnnyOmega

08-25-2012

I ran some numbers to see how many players might have gotten affected by the recent report abuse audit.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2514317

JohnnyOmega

08-26-2012

Reminder to self: Add a walkthrough for using the Support ticket system.

iJackyLegz

08-30-2012

Can I post in the tribunal?

EDIT: Cool, I thought I had to be level 20.

JohnnyOmega

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJackyLegz View Post
Can I post in the tribunal?

EDIT: Cool, I thought I had to be level 20.
The Level 20 requirement is for voting in the Tribunal punitive system.

You can post in the forums at any level.

EDIT: Over 12,000 views and well on the way to 13,000 - wow.