A Guide To Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

07-24-2012

Added a second discussion to section XIV.

JohnnyOmega

07-26-2012

Updated (again) V. WHAT AM I LOOKING AT? with new interface.

JohnnyOmega

07-26-2012

Added a third discussion to Section XIV.

JohnnyOmega

07-26-2012

Added a fourth discussion to Section XIV.

4. Zileas and WookieeCookie explain the separation between forum and in-game accounts.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2403353

JohnnyOmega

07-27-2012

Reminder for later: create section featuring the reds that produce and update the Trubunal system

JohnnyOmega

07-28-2012

Another discussion in Section XIV that deals with a hotly debated topic in Tribunal.

5. JohnnyOmega (that's me) tries to explain why it is important to punish even if only one incident out of ten on a Tribunal case contains a violation of the Summoner's Code. I apologize if I seem petty or unclear at times. It's been a long week of gloomy work for me at the time of posting this thread.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2409435

JohnnyOmega

07-30-2012

The more people read this guide, the fewer threads like this should pop up, hopefully.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2418519

Tribunal does not dole out permanent suspensions, however anyone in Tribunal could still submit a ticket to Riot Support (asking for priority attention against a particular violator) if they see a particularly nasty case while judging in Tribunal.

JohnnyOmega

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeriphor View Post
Does anyone know if the number 274 has any significance? That seems like such an arbitrary number to use that it has to mean something.
I spotted this question regarding the suspension lengths of perma-bans for bad behavior. (into the year 21XX for transaction-related snafus)

This could be a mystery worth investigating.

If anyone can shed some light on this matter, please post here. Otherwise I'll probably just ask Riot Support about it.

JohnnyOmega

08-02-2012

Added Myth #8 to Section XIII after remembering many a thread where a banned player brags about how much money they've spent on the game.

8. Buying lots of Riot Points makes one less likely to be permanently suspended. Riot Games will punish anyone who repeatedly breaks the rules regardless of how much they've spent, especially since a badly behaving player will more than likely drive away more money than he/she spends (other players buy RP too).

Wirius

08-02-2012

Sticky this please. This is incredibly informative and can be referred to frequently in discussions.