Curious about when bans begin...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fatherdarius

01-15-2014

I'm just curious, if a summoner receives a temporary ban and they get notified by email, does the ban start at that moment? Or, does it start on their first attempt to log into League after the ban is effective?

What I'm getting at, is could a player receive a ban, but happen to be out of town for a few days and log in after the suspension time is up? All without knowing?

And no, I'm not asking about me. I don't get sent to the tribunal. Just curious.

Getsuei

01-15-2014

Yes, it is possible. They should still receive an email which would notify them of the banning though.

fatherdarius

01-15-2014

Cool, thanks!

powerbats

01-15-2014

You'll receive the email and the ban starts when you login and ends on the the time the email was sent. That's so someoene doesn't get the email and just not login and escape the consequences.

Getsuei

01-15-2014

I stand corrected then, sorry powerbats. I don't remember reading anything that says your punishment does not take effect until you log in =(

Looking for it still and having horrible luck.

Shelzin

01-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerbats View Post
You'll receive the email and the ban starts when you login and ends on the the time the email was sent. That's so someoene doesn't get the email and just not login and escape the consequences.
I......

I don't believe that is correct. But I've never been banned before either... So..... Yeah.

Edit: No... That can't be correct. There is a time and date the ban started in the email that they send out. Right?

Getsuei

01-15-2014

That is what I was thinking also Shelzin.

magooomba

01-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerbats View Post
No, that's not what happens. Riot issues the ban while sending an email with the time the ban ends. That's why we tell people to check their emails when they come here questioning when the ban ends.

PrivateBaldric

01-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelzin View Post
I......

I don't believe that is correct. But I've never been banned before either... So..... Yeah.

Edit: No... That can't be correct. There is a time and date the ban started in the email that they send out. Right?
There is a time and date that it ends. As referenced in a previous post on a similar subject.

Image for reference: Ban Email Image
And the thread where it is posted and referenced: Source

PurpleYukari

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdarius View Post
What I'm getting at, is could a player receive a ban, but happen to be out of town for a few days and log in after the suspension time is up? All without knowing?
For all suspensions and a warning, there is also restricted chat for X games. So a person may not log in for some amount of time, but when they get back to play a game they will notice that something is up from that, even if they don't check their email.