Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I need AD carry Tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ikillutwice

04-30-2012

I could not play ad carries for a long time either I advise starting with a friend in a kill lane like
Vayne-singed
naut-missfortune
this way you can ingore creeps slightly more

Nevercrysis

05-16-2012

Quote:
Iceamx:
Well for me, I started out when Ezreal was on free week, I picked him cause he looked cool and ended up loving being a carry. I think it helped me out starting as Ez because he really relies on position and skillshots, it really forces you to learn how to play AD carry fast. I'm not the best, but it's my main role.

My tips are

1) LAST HIT. LAST HIT. LAST HIT. You're nothing without your items

2) Never facecheck bushses, don't stand near bushes, unless you know for sure that it's clear the enemy can and will burst you to death in a second.

3) Stay in the back. If you can deal damage to an enemy without them hitting you, take the opportunity, even if your teammate takes a ton of damage. If you show your face to save a teammate, you will get focused on and die.

4) Stick with your team. If the enemy sees you all alone they will come and get you.

5) Lifesteal is your friend on most carries. If you get injured, find a minion wave and waste them to get back to full HP.

Also, if you're having trouble last hitting, Get AD red and quints to help and usually buy one or two doran's blade to make it easier, unless you're fed and want to rush an item like IE.

Excellente one! And always try to auto-hit when teamfight... Use your skills to chase or escape if things are kind of ugly for you.

Recommend AD Range Champ to start:

Cait: She is easy to use. Just stay behind and hit.

Kog: With Madred┬┤s you rock against most champs!!... Stay far far away, active your W and see how your enemies dies in 3-4 s. And with Kog, you must learn to position yourself correctly, coz Kog has no escape skill. However, in the early game, last hit? harrass? Easy!!

Grave: High damages with Q, but has to be very close to use it to its max. Great champ to learn how to position yourself with a norma hit-range AD Range Carry champ.

Tristana: When you have learned to stay alive in a teamfight and do your job (Auto Attacks), try her! She has the best escape skill for me, the Rocket Jump; good attack speed which you can boost; Ult which can push any threat way from you. Normally Tristana┬┤s auto attack is just enough to do good damages when teamfights.

Dweia

05-16-2012

It's all about positioning. Last hitting helps, but positioning is the single most important thing for an AD carry. Don't initiate, let your initiator do that. If you're at the front of a fight you're doing it wrong.

Reprisal

Recruiter

05-17-2012

Learn to last hit properly, farm up till late game, properly position yourself in team fights. And win

Practice

08-29-2012

Everyone here is pretty much correct. But about the last hitting part. KNOW when to freeze your lane and when to push out. It can help you, hard. -- I'm learning AD carry, but from what I've seen/learned, when you're out-laning the other team's AD carry, that person will be more cautious when to approach you, specially when they're without supports around. Though, a good support's initiate will easily turn that table around. But anyway, when you're able to out-lane the other AD carry, you should freeze your lane. Last hit under the tower, keep them far away from theirs. If they choose to come near and last hit too, they're open for ganks. It's just a few pings (Hopefully) away. But if you're the one being zoned out and have your lane frozen, I'd suggest ganking mid lane, or going B. As a person learning ADC, I'm not really sure what to do yet. Also, don't rely on your support for wards. Get one at least, if you can. Your support needs items too, the support can't be the only ward supplier. Although, this would apply to all other lanes as well. Warding the brush will help you survive, a lot. Since you'll know where they'll come from, you know where to dodge. (This is especially true against a Blitzcrank or a Twitch having to wait to stealth) Never face check. Ever. You're the damage output, try not to die. -- Build situationally. Early game, if you feel like you're being beaten in lane, take another Doran's Blade. Normally, a lot would aim for getting Infinity Edge as early as possible. Do it, but never forget what you need first. Also, I'm told that it's better for you to out-farm your lane, than looking for early kills.

I'm not really sure if what I've said here are 100% correct, but I really would want some tips too. I'm a solo-top laner, learning other roles like ADC and Jungling. ADC is the hardest for me to learn.

Thanias1

08-30-2012

I keep seeing posts talking about how AD carry and Mid are the hardest roles to play, but I usually find them as the only roles I play lol >.< My first good character was Fizz (mid) and after that Ezreal (AD carry). After playing as Ezreal, I started getting good with the AD carry kind of character. Trynd, Graves, etc. It's actually quite a simple role to fill. Depending on which character you're going for, you'll normall want AS, AD, crit, and lifesteal. (Armor Penetration to, but you usually get that last).

For Ashe, to my understanding, you want to go AS and crit chance. So two items you'll need are Phantom Dancer and Infinity Edge. So anyways, to the "how to play" part of my little post.

For AD carries, your job is to deal tons of damage with your basic attacks, and avoid taking damage. In the early game, you do this through poking (mystic shot ftw! :3) and because of the pokes, you should be able to farm in peace. It is vital to get CS, but then again, it's vital to get CS as nearly any character/role out there, so I don't stress on that too much. In team fights, your help turns the tide of fights. Prioritize targets and take them down one at a time. With tryndamere I had problems because my team would never initiate, which meant I couldn't get in there and use my crazy crit chance (just build him up with ghost blade and infinity edge, and he gets a crit hit nearly every single basic attack). I usually made the mistake of getting impatient and initiating myself, but thats a big NONO. AD carries are usually pretty squishy, so if a team fight is about to start, don't even think about initiating, (although poking from a safe distance is always acceptable!). Because the AD carry is so vital, you want to make sure you don't die. But your "vitalness" becomes worthlessness if you don't do anything in team fights, so you have to time running at the right point. If someone starts coming toward you, hit them with CC and start to back off. If they retarget someone else, turn around and start unloading onto them. Your basic attacks should do crazy damage, and this is what the AD carry is supposed to do.

Anyways, I hope that helps. GL HF!!! AD carries are really fun to play once you learn them!

THANIAS OUT!!!

Hughes De Payens

08-30-2012

In solo queue/normals, Cait is probably the best AD Carry to choose. The reason is, because of her huge AA range and traps for CC, as long as you've got a ward or some traps in your closest bush you should be able to play fairly safely for the entire laning phase and get some harass off. Champs like Graves, Corki, etc... require your support to play well in order to take advantage, which isn't something you can guarantee will happen in these cases.

I prefer playing Mid when I'm playing solo because it's less reliant on the team to do well, at least in lane. I also like playing Jungle, especially one that can farm well like Mundo or Udyr, because if your team is incompetent, you can choose engagement times during the laning phase and fall back on farming the jungle if your team isn't able to push ahead with ganks. Also, since jungles tend to build tanky, you can control the flow of teamfights better than if you're a carry where you might just explode if your team is bad.

I don't play top, but I'd guess it's sort of a hybrid between jungle and mid since you can build tanky to control the flow of later teamfights and tend to be able to fend for yourself as long as you've got map awareness and don't get snowballed on through ganks by the enemy jungler.

AD and Support are best left to 2 people who know each other since they have a synergy when working together, so it's tough to pick them when soloing.

ScrubbyNewb

08-30-2012

ad carries at hi elo's pretty much depend on having a good support... you need good sustain in lane eitehr from items or your support... also instead of takin on a enemy with full hp (which shoudlnt even be tried till late game) you focus on poking then go back to farming, then poke some more...when u they get hlf or below from poking then dive in and get your kill...ad carries ARE squishy, take ur time..plan you attacks, WAIT FOR MISTAKES!! more kills can be picked up from capitalizing on an enemy mistake then anything else..and trust me everyoen will make a mistake. either from being greedy, bad teamates, not payin attention, or whatever... pick your fights..dont just run in guns a blazing... a feeding ad carry is worse then anything in the game...cause not only do are you NOT an ad carry anymore, your just a feeder who contributes nothing in the game....

also, when picking the ad carry...wait and see what kinda of support you are gonna have bot lane..pick one that will work well together, sona+vayne, or Soraka+ Low hp champ....

Rawring Donut

08-30-2012

From looking at your past games.

1. Never and i mean never get tier 3 boots. They are useless.

2. If you want to learn a positive read guides like http://www.lolpro.com/guides/game-play/196-how-to-ad-carry and watch streams of good adcs such as aphromoo (may have spelt that wrong) or chaox.

3. Last hitting. learn how to last hit it will help in every lane.

4. Positioning as an adc is everything. The only way you can get good at that is practice.

5. If you want to main adc i suggest getting some friends that are good supports. Because the support is the brains of the bottom lane.

Hopefully i helped.

ScrubbyNewb

08-31-2012

these have a lot of good help n tips, they helped me out when learning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBHMDGluZCs&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeGR-xQLV0A&feature=related