I need AD carry Tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BurkeCachet

04-27-2012

So I just left a game where I was *****ed out because I sucked at playing AD carry as Ashe.
In fact I am terrible at playing AD carry in Solo Que just in general.

I told my team I could either Jungle, Support Bot, or Solo top or EVEN mid. But no, they did not even consider my strengths ( and being I was last on the list) I got AD carry, and as the enemy team chose kogmaw, I chose Ashe being I had no idea how to playGraves since he was free this week.

I disconnected from the game after one of my teammates flat out said that "you said you could play AD carry derp." (the derp is exagerrated)
I said no such thing.

But, I want to be helpful at any position. So If anyone here knows any websites that can help me out or have any advice of your own please post it here. It would be much appreciated

Reukar

04-27-2012

You're probably like me, I can;t play squishy ad carries at all. I get rocked as Ashe no matter how hard I try. I found Nasus to be my true love. As long as your farm is good, you're set. It's nice to have a teammate willing to swap with you though if you're being zoned to hard. Nasus' entire late game depends on that farm, if you're 33:40 into the game, you're q should be at least 334. Higher is better of course. Build him tanky, and you should be set.

Masakan

04-27-2012

Try playing tristana she's a great carry to learn starting out and she has lots of margin for error with 2 escapes under her belt and even when you branch out to other carries she still out classes a lot of them she's just impressive all around

GenghisX

04-28-2012

Yeah... I was just about to come suggest Trist. She's not as strong as many other AD carries but she has 0 skill shots and one of the better escapes for an AD so she's great for getting the fundamentals down .

Sparkles

04-28-2012

Try cait, shes easy mode. Enough range to out harass your lane and a good escape in sticky situations or in team fights if someone gets too close. Honestly, last hitting is probably the most important, the goal is to outfarm the enemy carry because if they fall behind its likely gg for them.

Edit: Also this: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...g_as_ad_carry/

BurkeCachet

04-28-2012

Thank you for your positive feedback everyone. I will try out Tristana and try my hand at cait next time she is free.

Edit: I also need to practice last hitting minions. I am hoping to get a decent understanding of the AD carry role, and get a good grasp on a few different champs so i can be more viable.

Spiral Shark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2012

Like you, AD carry was the last role I picked up, and it's very hard to get a hang on. What it comes down to is just practicing farming and you'll eventually learn the ins and outs of the champ and what exactly constitutes a situation worth the risk of putting your pretty little ass out in the open for a fight.

PwnSauceOnYoFace

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2012

More often than not, higher elo games start with 3 pots and boots over doran's blade, because it give you more potential to exchange hits (since you can heal). This is especially true if you do not have a support in your lane.

All AD carries need to be able to do the following effectively.
1. Kiting/Stay alive (you will be focused)
2. Last hitting
3. Focus on the correct targets during team battles
4. Map Awareness (Applies to all positions)

In general, AD carries do well with items like infinity edge, phantom dancer, blood thirster, last whisper(if they're building armor), black cleaver, occasionally madred's bloodrazor (if you have no ap on your team or if they're all high hp and stacking armor on you),

Aemon Darkstar

04-28-2012

I used to be in the same boat as you, and now AD carry is one of my favorite roles.
What I suggest-:

- Last hit like a boss. Harass enemy ONLY if its not costing you a last hit OR it will force them out of exp range. You must and absolutely must aim for perfect CS. Nobody needs that gold more than you.
- Don't die. It's alright if you don't get kills, as long as you're farming to make the gold, just don't die. You're one of the most valuable members of the team in terms of damage, especially once teamfights start rolling around.
- Learn to position. Don't stay near the front where you can get initiated on. Don't stay near the flanks where if you get seen and caught, no one can help you. Stay behind your team, wait for them to go in, wait for some CCs to be used, THEN start wailing away.
- Prioritize targets. This comes after positioning, because I won't tell you to target their squishy if it means going into the middle of 4 enemies to do so. If the tank is the only one you can attack safely, do it. Basically, kill the highest threat enemy that you safely can.

That's pretty much it. The rest is just knowing what can kill you and what can't, which comes with practice. I suggest Tristana and Caitlyn as AD carries. Both have terrific early games and good/great escapes. Tristana has an amazing late game as well.

Chras

04-30-2012

Well for me, I started out when Ezreal was on free week, I picked him cause he looked cool and ended up loving being a carry. I think it helped me out starting as Ez because he really relies on position and skillshots, it really forces you to learn how to play AD carry fast. I'm not the best, but it's my main role.

My tips are

1) LAST HIT. LAST HIT. LAST HIT. You're nothing without your items

2) Never facecheck bushses, don't stand near bushes, unless you know for sure that it's clear the enemy can and will burst you to death in a second.

3) Stay in the back. If you can deal damage to an enemy without them hitting you, take the opportunity, even if your teammate takes a ton of damage. If you show your face to save a teammate, you will get focused on and die.

4) Stick with your team. If the enemy sees you all alone they will come and get you.

5) Lifesteal is your friend on most carries. If you get injured, find a minion wave and waste them to get back to full HP.

Also, if you're having trouble last hitting, Get AD red and quints to help and usually buy one or two doran's blade to make it easier, unless you're fed and want to rush an item like IE.