Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Origins of Champions in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GREATYPHOON

04-27-2012

Everytime I look at a champion in LoL it reminds me of a character from somewhere else. So far I've managed to create 12 ''posters'', each including 4 champions.

Please let me know what you think about them and also let me know if you find characters I havent found (cuz I dont know EVERYTING out there).

Note that some of these I've come up myself, some I was inspired from other threads, and others I was simply told by people I knew.

MajesticRaven

04-27-2012

Sejuani could be a male version of the boar guy in Bleach. Only other character I know of that rides a boar.

dPolly

04-27-2012

It's JARVAN not JARVEN. And Ashe is more likely a drow ranger than anything else.

Here's a few more:

+Leona - Lenneth, Valkyrie profile.
+Renekton - Suchos (Sobek), egipcian mythology
+Olaf - Technoviking.
+Hecarim - Ghost rider + Riders of doom + BRADWARDEEENNNNNN.
+Heimerdinger - Albert Einstein.
+Lux - Vegeta + Sailor Moon.

Dorryza

04-27-2012

hmm wouldn't shaco be joker from batman?
also, some more. Renekton would be that crocodile god from Egypt (can't think of him right now)
Vayne=huntress?
teemo=boy scout. Honestly, listen to his taunt.
Master Yi=samuri

Dorryza

04-27-2012

oh, and also, Valkerie title belongs to Kayle. Sorry Polly.
Cait. Girl with a gun. Have fun with your tropes.
Veigar- I personally think he's black mage from FFT, but that's just me.
Xin is Zhao Yun? Big spear, same name.
-note- look at the Chinese Nightblade Irelia artwork. Ezio anyone?
=note no. 2. fizz is more of a murloc than anything else.

Jaykoboy

04-27-2012

Asterix! OMGosh, Asterix is a classic. Tintin, as well; although that's only slightly related.

Zodai

04-27-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT1pPiKusOY

Well, we know where Ezreal came from...

GREATYPHOON

07-22-2012

Got 2 new posters I made recently...

Dorryza

07-22-2012

nice!

idea though- edit the original post to include these. It's much easier so people don't have to go hunting around.

Oh, and you might want to make a post in the Fan Art section with these too. They deserve to be there =P

TastyBeeBurgers

07-23-2012

You know a lot of those are intentional right? I mean Cassiopea and Medusa are both Gorgons .

Also: Leonidas wasn't a figure of Greek Mythology. He was an actualy king. Fought the Persians at the battle of Thermopylae. He probobably didn't wear a speedo while doing it (cough 300 cough) but he was there, and historians agree that he was real. Also: it was the Oracle of Delphi. Delphi was a city devoted to the Oracle.

The only other comparison I can think of is Hiemerdinger. His name is a combinaiton of Opphiemer and Schroedinger, two very influential physicists.