[Semi-Open] When the moon rises.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WID0W MAKER

Junior Member

2 Weeks Ago

http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/2112= Shiva
http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/3808= Magnus
http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/4147= Selene

[The rp is open to an extent. If you want to join, just ask before.]

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii617/PrincessPwnage/SwampFever_zps176b30a7.jpg
[CENTER]-Somewhere in the howling marsh-[/CENTER]


While she was not a fan of the light in general, Selene didn't have much choice than to walk during the day. She soon needed to stop by a nearby village to refill her backpack with food. While she was crossing the north side of the institute, she had no choice but to pass by the Howling marsh. She had heard about Karthus relation with this place but she didn't knew more about how important was the connection. All she knew, there was this place with a couple of wooden shacks. She needed food and this was probably her best chance before turning to hunting or even fishing.

The place was desert and quiet. Only the wind through one of the shutters was breaking the dead silence. Selene was not the kind to believe in ghost stories. Even if she did see some on her travel across the world, she still though it was only a magic creation. If they were harmful, it only meant they could be harmed as well, so it was her logic. She kept a hand on the hilt of her sword and continued till she reaches a fountain in the middle. It was not like the fountains of the Lunari which was usually kept in perfect order and cleaned. This one was old and many pieces of the sculpture were missing. There was no water coming out like it probably used to, but it was now simply leaking down on the shapeless statue. She sighs and sits on the border. She opens up her backpack and looks inside for the fifth time this day. She was hungry and if she was eating her last ration, it was a dangerous bet against fate for her next lunch.

She puts back the little amount of food she had at the bottom of her bag and stood back up to get ready to leave. Before even making one step, a sound came from the way she arrived. As it could be one of the villagers, she simply walked in that direction, hoping she would get some help.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhatisaProfanity

Senior Member

2 Weeks Ago

A village in this type of place? Interesting.

Magnus' once clean boot squished into the mud once more as he tracked through the swamp. It was another contract, and very generic one at that. Kill that person. Name, face, and details were given to him under an anonymous name. This was a low-paying contract and Magnus knew it from experience. The target was much down in the social ladder, the sender was easy to track, and the path was not as grueling... except for this area. The mud and roots of trees hindered his feet-movement, while the tropical climate kept the insides of the armor quite hot.

He had packed plenty for his journey, but he didn't depend on it. Years of being a mercenary taught him the hard way of hunting. He had packed a bow and quiver, as he had started doing so a few years back. Of course, he was still unsteady with the said bow, but it was enough to keep himself out of hunger pangs during his contracts. Thus, he had only eaten half of his rations, the rest of the meals supplied by the local wildlife.

To him, the village was suspicious. More than one time had he been backstabbed, ambushed, or surprised. A visual scan of the village proved futile as the various plants blocked his vision of many areas. He unsheathed his weapon of choice, his old two-handed sword and advanced... before hearing footsteps.

Some call it unnecessary paranoia. I call it 'being aware'.

Magnus clenched his sword as he prepared to strike the incoming potential enemy and came out... only to face a blue-ish platinum haired woman. Magnus faltered and stopped himself from swinging his sword towards her.

((EDIT: I'M SO BAD AT THIS QQQQQQQQQQQQQ))

((On second note, please contact me if you wish to join the thread. IGN is asdf1432 and Skype nickname is Profanity. Alternately, join the chat room 'Sanctuary' with the capitalization. I am always in that chat whenever I am online and not playing the game.))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhoenixOfOrder

Senior Member

2 Weeks Ago

((surprised noone has said anything yet, on that note, would it be possible for my character to join?))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kuronan

Senior Member

2 Weeks Ago

(( Well I'd like to ask if I could join, but quite frankly I'm busy in my own roleplay with Zed and don't really want to do anything else before it's finished... When it's finished I'll give a link to my OC Profile. ))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shibblets

Senior Member

2 Weeks Ago

Running on half of the supplies she started off with in Piltover, Shiva had been perched up on a relatively thick branch from the trees as she used the enhanced scope of her rifle to examine the area up ahead. The duffle bag she normally carried on her shoulder rested on the trunk of the tree remained hidden under a pile of leaves to conceal its presence. From her position, there seemed to be not a single presence in the location as she felt confident enough to stride in. Dropping down her rifle carefully on the pile of leaves, she was careful to drop herself after. Shuffling away the pile of leaves concealing her duffle bag, Shiva slumped it across her shoulder followed by the rifle being mounted on the opposing shoulder to form an 'X' on her back.

Resting her hand on her side where her standard bayonet blade remained hidden, she was wary of her surroundings with each step towards the village. The environment wasn't exactly preferred as the muck which covered the land provided slow and sloppy passage. Letting out a sigh of relief once her boots met the wooden foundation, the first stop would be a local store which she could restock her supplies. Although noting the complete and utter lack of inhabitants, one would be foolish enough to think that even a handful of people would come to these parts, let alone live here. Not a single soul could be seen from her position, regardless of which open entrance she entered from. Each structure appeared to be more of ruins than anything else, but she wondered why the lack of civilians. Picking up her pace to reach a moderately secluded area, the first sight to catch her attention was an individual who had just walked off towards a particular direction. Wondering if she was a resident or passerby, she decided to follow her with a decent gap between them, at least until another individual had suddenly jumped to halt a sudden assault.

Reaching to pull out her rifle, it had jammed itself on the strap as her finger accidentally slipped and pulled the trigger, causing it to fire a loud round into the already cracked foundation.

"Oh, damn it...".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WID0W MAKER

Junior Member

2 Weeks Ago

Seeing the man attacking her would result only in a defensive measure. As soon as she goes to deploy Zero, she notices the man dropping the attack but before even stopping herself, a firearm sound scared her to death. The momentum was too short for her to react and preferred to block the man and hope the shot would miss.

While she attempted to parry an attack, the man didn't make it any further. Realizing he was no longer attacking, she turns her head and scans the area quickly before spotting the marksman trying to remove the sniper from her back. By the expression of the guy, he was as surprised as Selene about the gunshot. Not wasting any second, she dashes towards Magnus. She passes next to him and meets his eyes a fraction of a second. She hoped he would understand to move from the area where he could be spotted by Shiva. If there was one, there could be more around and she wouldn't give herself as easily as to stay in the middle of the streets.

Selene spots an open door not too far from their location and makes it her next location before deciding if it was better to leave the village or simply take down the assailant.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhoenixOfOrder

Senior Member

2 Weeks Ago

((op are you accepting people?))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhatisaProfanity

Senior Member

2 Weeks Ago

((We are. Did you check my post again? I put my contact information there for people to use.))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhatisaProfanity

Senior Member

2 Weeks Ago

Magnus was confused. Very confused. First of all, why was someone like this doing in a middle of somewhere as this? But then again, he was in the swamp too after all.

He opened his mouth, but before a single word could be spoken, a loud gunshot rang out throughout the said swamp. No longer facing Selena, he checked for the assailant as he quickly scanned into the source of the sound. And found it.

As soon as he was about to retaliate, Selena dashed away from the general direction Shiva was in and met her eyes. His first thought? Peculiar eyes. Second thought? Gun. He quickly threw two knives in the general direction Shiva was in before taking cover behind one of the buildings.

One of the knives would miss by a foot, making a loud 'thwack' sound as it hit a unsuspecting tree. Poor thing. However, one of the knives would strike near or touching her cheek.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Farnbil

Senior Member

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixOfOrder View Post
((surprised noone has said anything yet, on that note, would it be possible for my character to join?))
((Oops! You've seem to have copied the wrong link! Were you intending to link to the profile of Dante Jones?))