Ad carrying ELO

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Forbesy

04-23-2012

Hey I am 1300 ELO right now and am wondering which champion to use in order to carry myself and raise elo. I almost always go Ad carry and it seems to be working because I am skilled at farming and even if my team feeds, with graves i can usually kill them pretty quickly. i'm just wondering if i should be practicing corki or vayne instead of graves or even tristana in terms of AD carries. So

So my overall question is.. What is the best AD carry to "carry" with in ranked?

Arollo

04-23-2012

Graves is a very good AD carry to use in ranked and as long as he is working for you I would say keep on keeping on.

However if you are really looking to pick up some more AD carries just by the off chance that the enemy team picks Graves first I would suggest Vayne. She had a weak early game and is probably one of the hardest carries to master but once you have her down she is a complete monster. Late game Vayne = win.

Alamander

04-24-2012

You should know multiple AD ranged. certain ones work best vs certain team comps.

For instance --- I run ezreal vs a lane that has no sustain in it for great poke potential

I run Kayle and Alistar against Graves soraka or other sustain comps for the early burst and armor shred.

Ashe against Caitlynn to beat her late game and so on and so on...

DMPuffy

04-24-2012

If you want to win many, many games at low ELO play Kog'maw. He has the highest carrying potential with his safe attacking range and his long range poke, ensuring that with good positioning you will never die in teamfights.

Also, you should duo-queue with a buddy who plays a mean support. A support WILL make or break your ability to carry a game effectively. The only time I ever play AD, is with a support I know and trust; otherwise there is about a 50/50 chance of winning the lane, instead of with my support duo buddy, where it's around a 95% lane winrate.

Forbesy

04-27-2012

Yeah I've been looking at kogmaw for some time now and he is my next champion purchase as I've seen him carry so hard late game and thats what you need in ranked. As for duo queueing with a partner... I have a friend who is very good at support but his elo is about 100 less than mine. What gap in ELO is okay to queue with?

Command

04-27-2012

Bro. Go Fiora and stack them tiamats.

Amatzikahni

04-27-2012

I personally use Ez when I can and Corki when I can't. Their early game and early-midgame burst is among the highest of all AD's which allows them to dominate the lane with a slight mis-positioning and easy steamrolls if your support eats one of their CC's. One or two kills early on and the lane is yours for freefarming, or just the threat of your burst is enough to keep a dozen or two CS over your opponent.

Trist has the highest level 6 burst, and I'd imagine that Vayne + support with stun is unparalleled, but Ez and Corki are for solo queue where you can't trust your support and you don't want to push the lane in fear of ganks.

Lightning55

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-27-2012

Personally, to get a higher elo, you need to learn about all the AD champs. Know which ones counter others and their strengths and weaknesses. Exploit those strengths. All the forementioned champions are carries for a reason; they are very strong late game.

As for AD carries, I like ashe, corki, and ezreal (vayne and graves too, but the move range can't "flash" over walls) the most. They have means of escaping/kiting to have a better chance of survival, which is most essential to an AD carry.

Amatzikahni

04-27-2012

To clarify for the random -1, Kog has no escape mechanism other than his E, so if the enemy team zergs past your team and beelines for you, the only damage you'll be doing in that fight is from your passive. Kog is a very good AD, but he needs a "defend the carry" composition which is either not common or not well played until Elo's higher than where I'm at. That's why I prefer champs with escapes and good burst.

Madraac

04-27-2012

Graves is very solid to continue with, and I love when I can support a Graves with Janna. Janna's W = death for the opposing team as it shields against damage and boosts overall AD for the person it is cast on.

Like everyone has said, you need to find several options for AD that you can carry. Cait is the one I would recommend least, as she is not nearly effective late game as other carries, even if she can harass the hell out of you and own early. A good team will recover from the 3 or 4 early kills to remove Cait from the teamfights more or less. My suggestion is get at least 3 AD carries beyond Graves. Kog, Tristana, and Sivir are all great to learn and provide different aspects so they do not play similar if you are afraid of boredom.