New Camera Function: Lock Camera to Mouse

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Korsoer

12-26-2012

bump

systoll

12-26-2012

Since it's been bumped already...

This isn't unconventional at all -- it's just reversed drag scrolling done right. Seen in everything from Starcraft 2 to Safari for iPad.

Though I use drag scrolling exclusively in SC2, the binary speed and the lack of a 'reverse' option made me stop doing so in LoL. I'd love to see those fixed.

Qsario

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
This is kind of like what MMB does. Except it scrolls continuously based on how far you are from where you moused down. I prefer the hand tool to pan your page type of metaphor myself.

I actually in my head was thinking of something completely different, which was to center the view on your mouse cursor when you press a key.
What I want to do is to middle click and drag the view window around and then it locks at that offset from my character until I recenter it with spacebar.

Desperado Dave

05-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
Interesting idea, I agree with you on the flicking to the edge being annoying. It's a pretty unconventional use of camera controls for a game so it would require a lot of adjustment. Would be worth experimenting with internally, and not too hard to do I think. We'd have to run with it for a while though because I think it might be confusing to control at the beginning.
I really like the Original flicking to the side screen. I have run into an issue now that after installing a second monitor I am unable to flick to the right without moving my mouse to the right screen. Is there a detailed way to address this or possibly a small fix as an option to single screen lock the mouse with full screen enabled for a dual screen user such as myself?
Thank you in advance!

Zipzeolocke

05-01-2013

wouldn't it be easier just to increase the viewing range with the camera by using the mouse wheel to zoom out from the default view? Especially if you are on the purple side, it's not easy to see down below to aim your skills. I would like to see the ability to zoom out the camera more than you are able to currently, I'm handicap and it's difficult for me to manually move the camera around during combat, I have limited use of my hands and multitasking tasks is very difficult for me

Cosaka

04-20-2014

Haha I found this post because I was searching to see if that was a camera option. I think its a great idea that would make the game even smoother to play. It should definitely get some checking into!

KaZ Neosis

04-23-2014

I see what you mean, Camera control would be akin to FPS games, Cursor on center and camera moves to you mouse.

I can totally dig this

whiteboywalking

04-25-2014

when i started I too had a problem with the camera and always having to scroll during fights. What i do is I changed the key bindings for scroll up, down, left and right to wsad. Then i just shift my abilities over and have my w be e, my e be r and my r is f(obviously q is still q). For my summoner spells i binded them to c and v. It would probably take a long time to get used to if u used the old key bindings and tried to switch to these but it makes it so easy to scroll the camera and u can focus on using ur mouse to kite and sht instead of panning around the map.