[Idea]Joint Effort Fanfiction.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BladeAngelx

04-30-2012

I was going on the idea that posting of chapters would be somewhat of a pattern in itself. I don't think a single person releasing multiple chapters in a row would really grasp the concept of the idea in mind. I want to try and get some real cooperation going by developing a story that multiple people can write, about multiple characters in the same underlying situation, but with each of us lending our own way of building towards the ultimate end of the story.

If a single person were to simply write a few chapters in a row then it would cut down on the originality of the piece, because obviously everyone won't go towards the ending in the same way. Each consecutive chapter that we add will make the story harder and harder for each of us to write, but that's what it's also meant to do. It's meant to help us develop our writing in a fun and friendly environment.

You never really feel as exhilerated while writing until the moment that you're forced to write some base of something someone else has written, and this idea will make us do that over and over, having to constantly adapt our own idea's to fit with the other writers involved.

Thank you everyone for all the support, and I'm glad to see so many people interested in the idea.

Cerubois

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeAngelx View Post
but if the person who focus's around Lux makes her out to be a blonde ditz
-.-

Can I shotty Lux right now so this doesn't happen?

I'd be heartbroken if someone did that to her...

And someone needs to get GV in here. His idea would work extremely well with this situation.

Silver of Souls

05-01-2012

Would we develop a story arc beforehand, or just a basic starting premise?

RyuNaganoto

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver of Souls View Post
Would we develop a story arc beforehand, or just a basic starting premise?
I don't think we have gotten that far yet. We are still deciding on how chapters should be run. That is probably what we will be debating next.

Grand Viper

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerubois View Post
-.-

Can I shotty Lux right now so this doesn't happen?

I'd be heartbroken if someone did that to her...

And someone needs to get GV in here. His idea would work extremely well with this situation.

My idea? No...No! Noooo!

Essentially, is a League of Legends: Highschool edition. Highschool of Legends, whatever. The idea was quite simple, mattering how many authors there are, they're responsible for a set amount of champions and they discuss the roles of each champion.

Example Staff: Kayle is the Principal of the school. Swain is the Vice-Principal. Morgana is the Cafeteria's Chef. Amumu is the English teacher/coordinator of the Poetry and Drama clubs. Annie is a gym teacher with Tibbers as incentive to run. Brand or Viktor is the Physics teacher. (These are just examples, not finalized)

Example Students: Udyr is the school tough guy and general ****, smoking cigarettes, wearing leather, and is one of the two members of the Martial Arts Club. Mordekaiser heads the school's band (More detail and discussion needed). Blitzcrank is the school's star Quarterback. Hecarim is part of the Running Club (He's. A. Horse). Evelynn is the girl who is typically picked on and goes invisible in the corner because she's ugly and no one likes her. Ashe is a Senior while Sejuani is fresh to the school, etc and etc. Most of these I made up on the spot, do forgive me.

Many of you probably won't like the roles that I thought of, and that's alright. That's what the joint effort is. Get a group of people, willing to write it, see which characters do what, and then choose which ones interest you the most. Everyone writes their own chapter and then after the characters are roughly established, we can make our characters cross speak to one another.

More details would have to be discussed. First, this idea needs to be approved. Then a group of writers established. This is just a rough idea, but I think this could help satisfy the joint fanfiction idea.

Dorryza

05-01-2012

I personally think this should happen.

First, get a list of people that want to participate. Then, get a list of events that will happen.
Allow the people to choose the event they want, then distribute the rest among the undecided. We should all agree on what people will generally be like before writing eg. Lux is not a blonde ditz, Riven is a crybaby who can't stand herself, etc. etc. (note- plz don't kill me about Riven. It's an example), as well as the events. But we need the events first, so we can decide who's going to be writing what, which champs will be in it, and then what the champs will be like.

-note- I am kinda still a nub at fanfiction- I've written stuff but I don't think it's that good. But could I still try my hand at this?

El Killer Duck

05-01-2012

Highschool of Legends...hilarious. I would so do it if Vladimir and Cho'Gath were the leaders of like the rich kids clique.

OOPS, wrong comp again.

Its Zombiethekid btw

El Killer Duck

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorryza View Post
I personally think this should happen.

First, get a list of people that want to participate. Then, get a list of events that will happen.
Allow the people to choose the event they want, then distribute the rest among the undecided. We should all agree on what people will generally be like before writing eg. Lux is not a blonde ditz, Riven is a crybaby who can't stand herself, etc. etc. (note- plz don't kill me about Riven. It's an example), as well as the events. But we need the events first, so we can decide who's going to be writing what, which champs will be in it, and then what the champs will be like.

-note- I am kinda still a nub at fanfiction- I've written stuff but I don't think it's that good. But could I still try my hand at this?
-.- you talkin' bout my babe (riven). But nah, she is a bit of an emo. HEY!! Thats what she could be.

Same as post above. Its Zombiethekid

HuggableZombie

05-01-2012

I like Viper's idea. A highschool full of League characters would not only be funny but also very fun seeing as how we've all been through highschool and would all love that chance to go back and change things.

But if we didn't do it then we could always go to the Demacian and Noxus war. Conflict could bubble between them as it wouldn't be unexpected. I could see a lot of champions fitting into this sort of story.

Just a few other ideas:

A fall of the league - pretty self explanatory, we'd be writing about where the champions we picked would end up after the fall of the league.

Nocturne goes on a rampage - how our champions deal with Nocturne after he is let free. In fact he is so dangerous that even the champions who are consumed by pure evil have to combine forces with the most righteous.

Invasion of the Void - similar to a fall of the League but involving the void and with Malzahar, Cho and Kog the main villians (I'll pick them if no one wants too. I hear I do a good bad guy).

And of course, I support Highschool of Legends. It just sounds fun.

Sorry for the three rapid fire posts, but I'm trying to contribute as much as possible.

Dorryza

05-01-2012

I feel as though any fall of the league/Invasion of the Void would be a repeat of Necromonger's Fall of the League. I'm not sure all of us could avoid plagarism on that account....
Rampage- what about all the 'evil' champions break free? (Brand, Nocturne, Renekton? Morgana?), and others have to hunt them down (Kayle, Nasus, Etc etc.)
Or even, maybe the forces of good are overwhelmingly strong, forcing the Ninjas to side with the 'evil' champions... that could make for some interesting plot.