[Idea]Joint Effort Fanfiction.

12345612 ... 20
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MajesticRaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2012

I'm down.

Are we talking individual styles (Journal entries compiled in regards to a specific event) or a consistent story where each chapter is unique to the writer, but still continues the plot-line.

Like a 3-word story, where each post is a chapter instead of 3 words.

Elithik

04-29-2012

I am interested, if you will have me. I have not written a long fanfic, but I do have experience with writing stories and coming up with plots (at least coming up with plots for role plays).

Silver of Souls

04-29-2012

I'd definitely be in when we get the mechanics of how it's going to work settled. I could certainly use the practice and motivation, and this sounds like an intriguing idea.

HuggableZombie

04-29-2012

Sign me up.

If we're doing individual characters wouldn't that just be an RP of sorts? If we were doing that I have a few choices in mind.

If we are doing this than we need to make a list of people who want to contribute and then each persons posts according to the list. I think that would be the easiest way to do this.

MajesticRaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2012

Well we could post wherever, and then the OP just edit the top two pages (giving credits for each section) and putting all the pieces in order.

BladeAngelx

04-30-2012

Sounds like I've got a reasonable amount of support, I recently came back from a long weekend, so i'll flip through the options and try to compile a gameplan for us, in the mean time keep throwing idea's out it being a joint effort everybodies opinion counts for something. I'd really like to get this project started mid to late next month if not sooner.

I realize it's a monumental undertaking with a lot of planning, but I still think it'll be a very interesting and fun way for the fanfic community to come together as a whole and show eachother what we are all capable of.

Chapters don't have to be extremely long, and the story doesn't have to be extremely long either.

The idea was actually an excercise that we used to do in my high school writing classes only scaled up largely. We used to have to write a paragraph about a subject and we would continuously pass the paper to our sides and have the other classmates continue where we left off, and some of them actually turned out very well and interesting, and I believe the same can be achieved in this instance.

HuggableZombie

04-30-2012

Well considering we all write for a hobby, or atleast the majority of us, i think this story would be interesting.

For an idea, I think controlling one character for each of us would seem a little restricted. I think each of us should pick a champion to write about and then each of us makes a chapter that includes the champions that we picked. For example, I pick Shaco (because he is just a joy to write about) and someone else picks Lux. When the chapter gets passed to me, I can write the chapter using Lux and not being confined to just Shaco. I don't know if that makes sense or not but I think it'll be the best way to do this.

BladeAngelx

04-30-2012

@Zombiethekid

Yeah i probably should've specified better. I didn't mean write a chapter completely consisting of just a single character, but it would be the main character that you're focused around. Using other characters is fair game but you'd have to write about them in the same way the original write had..

So if you pick Shaco and someone else picks lux you can write about Shaco and put Lux into it, but if the person who focus's around Lux makes her out to be a blonde ditz you can't make her out to be a genius. Gotta keep the created personality of the characters intact and not switch them around.

HuggableZombie

04-30-2012

Yeah, thats what I meant. The main person who picked Lux pretty much makes the character who they are and everyone uses them respectively to how the person who picked her made her out. Oh and btw, I wasn't using Shaco as an example. I'm so picking him :P

Also, I think it would be best if we had a posting order so no one posts Chapter 3 seconds after someone posts a different Chapter 3

MajesticRaven

04-30-2012

Well with Blade as the leader of the idea, I guess we decide on a length (or just put how many chapters a person would be willing to do) and then just divy up chapters, and work from there. Only thing would be if we each do so many chapters in a row, or random chapters through out.

12345612 ... 20