[Idea]Joint Effort Fanfiction.

1234511 ... 20
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BladeAngelx

04-26-2012

Thread is officially closed as of 5/11/2012. I'm sorry to those writers who wish to join, but all positions have been filled and work has already begun. So keep an eye out for the release of the story.

Eclipse Apostle

04-26-2012

I like it, but the amount of coordination would be staggering, and there would need to be a lot of strategizing to make sure it didn't dissolve into nonsense.

What would be a much easier thing to organize would be if all of us took turns writing a single scene with predetermined events, i.e. Garen and Jarvan argue over Lux entering the League, Lux has to enter the scene at some point, argument remains unresolved. It would give us all a glimpse at seeing how we vary and develop as writers, with constructive feedback to help us improve together.

belthazor3457

04-26-2012

Could be fun, I suppose. Though when I originally was clicking on the link to view this thread, I thought of a bunch of people making different fanfics which were all in-canon with one another. I've participated in that.

But it's a bit difficult to simply pick a person and assign a scene for them to write about, especially if it is about a champion they don't like or have no writing enthusiasm for.

Also it would depend a great deal on the general idea behind it. Comedy, romance, etc. all take different formats.

The fanfic that we write would need to be rather broad.

Cerubois

04-27-2012

Grand Viper actually had a pretty good idea about this, which he may or may not want to keep for himself. I think it'd be pretty cool, but I'm unsure of how much I could contribute at the moment. I kinda want to finish Guiding Light before getting distracted by anything else. >.>

That said, be careful with collaboration. Don't expect it to be better than something one single person could write, because that just doesn't happen... But if it's just for fun, then it's great.

RyuNaganoto

04-27-2012

I think it's a pretty good idea, I would love to part of this. I've only written one fanfic so far, so this would be a great way to quickly see the different writing styles.

I like Eclipse Apostle's idea of predetermined events, but Belthazor brings up a good point, there are some champs who I know wouldn't ignite my spark as a writer. I'm not sure how to fix this, but I will give it some thought.

Paladin of Light

04-27-2012

I have read some books with ideas like this. Perhaps I can shed some light on the subject.
1 - It would be around a centralized topic, one liked both by the posters and the writers.
2 - It would be something that could be written around easily and fluently.
3 - Each writer would have to have a character to switch to when the writer before them is done writing his chapter. This would make it so that another person's character cannot be used without his/her permission.
4 - It would follow an order of events.
Give a thumbs up if you think this may work well. If so - Thanks!

Jaykoboy

04-27-2012

I'd suggest Riven as a viable character, but how many fanfics are there for her nowadays? Over 9000, am I right?

Let's give a little-loved character a story if we do this; Trundle, maybe, or possibly even Ryze. Someone that's sort of untouchable.

WingsofButterfly

04-27-2012

I actually saw it done for Kingdom Hearts once, but a bit differently.

There were 3-4 people into the project, and each person was responsible for a certain character and their POV in each chapter. For example, someone did Sora one chapter, then Riku, etc.
So essentially, each person had the liberty of developing their own character uniquely, rather than all at once and risk conflicts in interest. (Example: Having Riku emo for so and so, then inexplicably happy and cheerful the next chapter)

RyuNaganoto

04-28-2012

I do like the idea of each person switching to a different character. All we need to do is tie each story together in some shape or form, which shouldn't be too hard to accomplish.

I'm kind of surprised no one picked Ryze for a fanfic yet. He has that scroll on his back that could be anything, no one actually knows what it does. So, in return, you can basically make anything up. If we are picking champions, I would like to do Ryze.

Dorryza

04-28-2012

sounds interesting. I'd join in, but my issue is that I haven't written one (successful) long fanfic.
I personally think that the best solution for this would be to have an outline out first. Then, assign people to specific chapters outlined by the outline (that was awkward >_>). This way, people know what they have to do, and they know how to push the story in general to a common goal.

1234511 ... 20