Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hybrid Penetration Idea: Sacrificial Dagger and Whisper of the Void

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RockJockey

02-07-2013

Bumpity!

Xela Syab

02-07-2013

One reason we really need hybrid penetration is with characters like Udyr, Shyvanna, and others that deal both magic and physical damage or have a physical damage item thet scales with AP or a magic damage ability that scales with AD. Plus an ad/ap/cdr item would be really good on non mana users like Lee Sin, Shen, Katarina, Mundo, Morde, and Kennen

Rúbis

02-07-2013

Great item would love to see this tested, Thanks for sharing!

JbM07

03-05-2013

on jax this would be op
especialy in the jungle

copperpoint

03-05-2013

Something like this would be neat on Shyvana, there is absolutely no item that pushes AD + gives magic pen. And the CDR would be the icing

LexanLifau

03-07-2013

I would like to see this as well, but the Riot would have to be carefull with the max CDR it gives. It might cause some characters to suddenly be able to hybrid a lot better,idk if that's good or bad lol it would depend.

Xela Syab

03-10-2013

Well most hybrid characters don't build cdr and usually don't need it except for Kayle but then again with her Ult she's better off with standard cdr items. With situational cdr it's only good during combat so Jax, Akali or whoever needs to keep attacking or spellcasting to gain the full benefit.

Irelia Bot

03-10-2013

The main issue I have with your item now is that if you get it the AD and AP on their own make it worth while for a Hybrid to get along with say Void Staff.

Those 2 item would get you
35% magic pen
15% armor pen
140AP
55 AD

That alone has not much in the ways of limitations. you have 3 more slots say gunblade, crystal scepter and deathcap

That would make you have
527 AP
100AD

(this is with no runes or masteries.)

This would be to easy for someone like Akali to use to great effect with little to no down sides and no real part of it that is a really making any item conditional.

Xela Syab

03-11-2013

Quote:
Soulbladez:
The main issue I have with your item now is that if you get it the AD and AP on their own make it worth while for a Hybrid to get along with say Void Staff.

Those 2 item would get you
35% magic pen
15% armor pen
140AP
55 AD

That alone has not much in the ways of limitations. you have 3 more slots say gunblade, crystal scepter and deathcap

That would make you have
527 AP
100AD

(this is with no runes or masteries.)

This would be to easy for someone like Akali to use to great effect with little to no down sides and no real part of it that is a really making any item conditional.

That would be one fed akali, But I'd be more worried if she got DFG than WotV, sure she'd have more damage on her auto attacks and her hybrid ability but she'd have more burst with the active and have a standard cdr at less cost. If this Item were to exist, Riot would have to make a unique passive for all % penetration so it wouldn't stack on one character. This is one issue I have with BC because since it's an armor reduction proc it scales with LW but since it's % based and not flat like old BC or malady it makes scaling/high armor items become invalid. What I wanted for Whisper of the Void was an item that hybrid characters would grab as an all over damage amplifier since most of their itemization is around on hit/spellcast procs and hybrid sustain/tankiness.

Irelia Bot

03-12-2013

What I am saying is that that your item is not conditional it would be something that akali kayle and jax would all get all the time mid to late game just because of the stats instead of it dealing with tanks.

You overcome the armor and MR but providing a little reducting and a lot of ad and AP. that is not really forcing smart counter building. IT would be much like how BotRK was when they added attack speed. A core item that has no real weak points.