Hybrid Penetration Idea: Sacrificial Dagger and Whisper of the Void

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xela Syab

04-26-2012

Sacrificial Dagger Attachment 512619

Long Sword(400) + Amplifying Tomb(435) + 400 = 1235g

18 AD + 25 AP UNIQUE Passive: On basic attack or ability use Increases your Cooldown Reduction by 2% stacks up to 5 times lasts for 8 seconds.

Whisper of the Void Attachment 512618

Sacrificial Dagger(1250g) + Pickaxe(875) + Blasting Wand(860) +400 = 3480

50AD + 70AP UNIQUE Passive: Physical and Magical damage ignores 15% of Armor and Magic Resist (Doesn't stack with Last Whisper or Void Staff) UNIQUE Passive: On basic attack or ability use Increases your Cooldown Reduction by 3% stacks up to 5 times lasts for 8 seconds.

3mptylord

04-26-2012

Genuinely nice items.

Cooldown reduction on-hit is interesting. Champions like Jax just ****ed.

Bear Garrett

04-26-2012

Sounds neat. Your phrasing suggests that this CDR from casting and auto-attacking will be subject to the CDR cap of 40%... which would make them an interesting design choice when aimed at the same few champs who can make good use of Nashor's Tooth...

Paukinra

04-26-2012

I like the idea of CDR per hit/cast but it does have the potentional to be insane on some champs.

I do like this as a new hybrid item though, god know we need more.

bahamutkaiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2012

It's a good idea but I'd rather see Gunisoos improved to provide this rather than replaced.

Paukinra

04-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamutkaiser View Post
It's a good idea but I'd rather see Gunisoos improved to provide this rather than replaced.
Why not both? Might make hybrids good again

Aikimiller

04-27-2012

I genuinely like the idea of a hybrid penetration item, it's unique, something the game doesn't already have, and is genuinely interesting. Good idea.

What about if something like it build out of Guinsoo's Rageblade? Maybe rageblade+ longsword+amp tome? Just as an alternate idea. It wouldn't mix with the stacking of the two different items though. I personally don't think Guinsoo's needs improvement- it's an incredibly good item- what it lacks is a tier 3 upgrade, which makes it less attractive- it'd be nice if it had 2 upgrades, one AP and an AD leaning. But that's a bit of a tangent.

From a balance perspective however- it might be a bit more balanced to change the CDR on whisper of the void from a 5 second long duration, to one that every time you use a skill, it loses all stacks- so the CDR is basicly a single use thing. Could reward mixing of auto-attacking and skills.

Irelia Bot

04-27-2012

This would be great on Akali with gunblade, rageblade boots, frozen mallet, lich bane and perhaps a deathcap. Might even be better then just building her AP.

IF someone else idea of having Gunisoos proved 10% armor and magic pen + 2% for ever attack or ability (up to 8 stacks) in addition to it's 45 ability power and 35 attack damage then hybrids likely be viable again allowing for 46.7% armor and magic pen with Weapon Expertise and Arcane Knowledge thrown in.

Xela Syab

04-28-2012

bump, I like hearing your guys comments.

Bastilean

04-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xela Syab View Post
Sacrificial Dagger

Long Sword(410) + Amplifying Tomb(435) + 400 = 1245g

18 AD + 25 AP UNIQUE Passive: On basic attack or ability use Increases your Cooldown Reduction by 2% for 5 seconds stacks up to 5 times.

Whisper of the Void

Sacrificial Dagger(1245g) + Pickaxe(975) + Blasting Wand(860) +400 = 3480

55AD + 75AP UNIQUE Passive: +20% Armor and Magic Penetration UNIQUE Passive: On basic attack or ability use Increases your Cooldown Reduction by 3% for 5 seconds stacks up to 5 times.
I like the concept. It kind of fits in with Guinsoo's which is the best of the hybrid items IMO.

However, 15% CDR is nothing on such an expensive item. In this case you are only getting it while making auto attacks... That's mostly never. This is a worthless benefit. Similarly, Soul Shrowd provides 10% CDR aura. This sounds good, but most of the time nobody or only one person is benefiting from this aura. South Shroud maybe slightly useful as an aura for the mana regeneration, but for the most part I think SS is terribad as well. So, that's my thoughts on the stats you have provided this mechanic. Too weak.

Second, this item is not going to stack with Void or Whisper (Xypherous has said as much that we don't want to make magic/armor penetration too high) so 20% is going to kinda suck.

How about instead you combine the on hit stacking mechanic with the magic/armor penetration mechanic. Luckily we already have a magic dagger you might want to use.

Kage's Lucky Pick(765g) + Pickaxe(975) + Blasting Wand(860) +400 = 3000

40AD + 70AP UNIQUE Passive: On basic attack or ability use Increases your Armor and Magic Penetration by +8% for 5 seconds stacks up to 5 times. Does not stack with Last Whisper or Void Staff.

12345 ... 7