Riven's tattoos/war paint

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Melancholy Exile

04-26-2012

I know it isn't something of any real significance but I've recently found myself wondering what the purpose of the markings on Riven's face and thigh is. The former isn't anything particularly special, just a flash of colour, but the latter appears to be something a little more abstract. These marks are only on her classic skin and not any of the others, so just what are they and why are they there?

Any suggestions?

KobuZero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2012

I have a feeling they are Noxian markings, probably for strength or something like that. It would make sense to me if that where the case.

Leaf

04-26-2012

I wondered if the one on her face was a scar at first.

belthazor3457

04-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholy Exile View Post
I know it isn't something of any real significance but I've recently found myself wondering what the purpose of the markings on Riven's face and thigh is. The former isn't anything particularly special, just a flash of colour, but the latter appears to be something a little more abstract. These marks are only on her classic skin and not any of the others, so just what are they and why are they there?

Any suggestions?
It is very common for the militaries of warlike nations to develop trends of warpaint and tattoos. By taking the united states marines for example, some tats are obtained by a group getting together and deciding to get a matching set, or sometimes the tats mean something specific as a form of symbol. They are likely tattoos, and not war paint, and are probably marks that Riven and her army buddies got together. If there are any other surviving members of Riven's old unit, odds are they have matching or similar marks.

But there's still a chance that they are more personalized tattoos. The mark under her left eye matches her hair, and part of her clothing is white, so the color probably represents something. Probably the Noxian color for honor or power if I am going to take a stab in the dark, but who knows for sure.

The one on her right leg matches in color, so we can guess there's a color significance. Not sure what the symbol means, but it is probably a military mark, or a symbol that means a word or phrase in the written language, possibly to go in combination with the runes on her sword.

But they are more likely tattoos than war paint, since paint needs to be reapplied.

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2012

Bel beat me to it, it's a relatively simple question. But now, what are the markings Ezreal has on his face?..

Ryugi Kazamaru

04-26-2012

I like to think that, maybe, they're scar tissue from flying Melter chemicals. Chemical burns can cause lots of different effects on the skin as the skin heals. I believe one such effect is that the skin of the effected area can become kind of bleached out and much much lighter than the surrounding tissue. It would make for an interesting addition to her character I suppose.

Ask Riven

04-26-2012

I've been curious about this myself for a long time. Maybe Xypherous might be able to shed some light on it. It's a straight question, and he seems to like those. :P

(OOC and whatnot)

Ryugi Kazamaru

04-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask riven View Post
i've been curious about this myself for a long time. Maybe xypherous might be able to shed some light on it. It's a straight question, and he seems to like those.

(ooc and whatnot)
you!! How do we keep missing one another? Dx

Jaykoboy

04-26-2012

You see her a lot more than you'd think...

Ryugi Kazamaru

04-26-2012

I really don't think I do. XD I know what you're talking about. And yes, we keep missing one another.