The last reset

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

10-25-2009
1 of 8 Riot Posts

During today's downtime, all summoner data was reset for the last time in preparation for launch. Player's levels, win/loss/leave rate, and IP were reset. Usernames and passwords, summoner names, buddy lists, etc will remain in-tact.

Additionally, some higher ranked players have express that they would like to have their ELOs reset. Resetting ELOs for high ranked players would mean that the matchmaking system would pair them with low players, which might damage the new player experience.

We understand that many high ELO players perceive ELOs not resetting as a disadvantage that will slow down their leveling and IP gain, and we want to do everything we can to mitigate this problem, while preserving the quality of experience for the brand new players.

We will be granting rewards to players based on the following criteria

• All users with an ELO over 1500 will nine-day double IP boost.
  • The top 500 ELO players will a unique "Master Beta Tester” summoner icon as soon as this functionality is available in PVP.net
  • The top 100 ELO players will receive a "Grandmaster Beta Tester” icon as soon as this functionality is available in PVP.net

Additionally, all ELO’s over 1650 will be automatically reset to 1650 to create a bigger pool of players at that rank for matchmaking.

*UPDATE* This bonus that we gave top ELO players was to allow them to gain IP at the same rate as everyone else, because their game times and queue times are longer. This is not an "advantage" that they get over other players.

SamHax

10-25-2009

FIRST!

But then, can u give us some way to know if we make it to the top ELO list? a rank of some sort?

<<Interested in the Icon :P

Nightfire

10-25-2009

Nice, I got my IP Boost xD

Are you going to be posting the top 500 player list? I would be like !!!!!!!!!!!! If i was on one for a crazy icon

Sephiroth

10-25-2009

That's cool Penny, I wasn't much bothered by being ranked with people near my skill level even at launch, but this could be a nice bonus.

Any way to see what my ELO is? Or is the only way to find out through asking riot? I guess if I have an IP boost after launch I'll know it's over 1500 :P.

Pendragon

10-25-2009
2 of 8 Riot Posts

We will probably post a top ELO list sometime pretty soon

Kaitor

10-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
We will probably post a top ELO list sometime pretty soon
So, how about an Beta Tester icon for us not harcore players that helped in closed beta? or we will get nothing besides the rammus skin =(

Pendragon

10-25-2009
3 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
So, how about an Beta Tester icon for us not harcore players that helped in closed beta? or we will get nothing besides the rammus skin =(
The rammus skin is pretty leet. Don't h8

Kaitor

10-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
The rammus skin is pretty leet. Don't h8
I do not hate it... but it's just that i do not use rammus =/ would be cool to show that i'm a beta tester without using rammus =/

myrmidon

10-25-2009

To be honest this kind of ****ing blows not knowing your ELO.

I played the **** out of this game, working my way through ~110 hard fought games (50/50 win/loss pretty much) to find out my ELO is below 1500. :|

I now have no reason to stop me from absolutely destroying noobs... and tbh I'll probably do that when the game is released, sorry. :/

nichols

10-25-2009

So i had this great Idea, instead of resetting data every 5 days, lets make the damn store work....wow, what a concept.

1234511 ... 15