MRpen Mordekaiser..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeons

08-12-2010

I have my primary build on morde mainly MR pen

-Warmogs
-MRpen shoes (forgot the name) if opponent's team doesnt have many CCs or else Mercury Thread
-Rylais
-Abyssal Scepter
-Void Staff
-Guardian Angel

Is this build viable? I always go this build if there is 1 more pure tank hero in my team.

Fluffy1

08-12-2010

i would replace warmogs for something else like a sunfire cloak, warmogs is the least cost efficient item in the game and you must charge it up, if you rush it your gimping yourself.

Wuumaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2010

While I've seen some insane Mordekaisers kicking people around with a Warmog's, I don't feel it's a really good choice for Morde (or anyone, really, but maybe someday). Morde's Shield is like having an extra 100-550 health that's easy to heal up - stacking more health doesn't help him as much as extra Armor and Magic Resistance. Additionally, Warmog's is notoriously inefficient in terms of gold spent - you can get more health for cheaper, and while the regen is handy for covering Morde's spell costs, it doesn't help any in combat, barring Singed/Malzahar DoT spamming.

I'd start with either a Ruby Crystal (to be built into a Haunting Guise or Aegis of the Legion), a Rejuv Bead (to build into Spirit Visage, CDR + MR is really nice). Consider picking up a Sunfire Cape early-mid game if the enemy team has significant Physical damage.

Void Staff + Abyssal Scepter might be overkill - I'd pick one or the other. Personally, I'd only grab the Void Staff if the enemy squishies got over 100 MR, otherwise I'd stick with the Abyssal or Haunting Guise for MR.

Sorc Shoes are good, but usually Ninja Tabi's and Merc Treads are a better choice. Up to you though, just consider - champions typically start with 30 MR, and don't gain any per level. Runes + 15% from Mastery + Haunting Guise/Abyssal is usually enough.

Rylai's is an excellent choice, as Morde lacks CC. You'll only get the 15% slow on Q, W, and E, but can't argue. More Health helps out too. The AP is kinda wasted due to poor ratios, but it's acceptable. May want to consider swapping for a Frozen Mallet though - shards from Mace of Spades* will still proc the slow, and your ghost's hits will slow as well.

Never a bad idea to grab a Guardian Angel. MR, Armor + self-resurrection is hard to argue with.

*IIRC, might have been changed since I last checked.

Zeons

08-12-2010

@Wuumaster
I always get warmogs if i get bad feeling it's going to be a 40+ minutes game which is a long game.
Morde is not a late game hero, isnt it?

Thx for pointing out mallet, I'd consider swapping rylais to mallet coz it procs the slow better.

Wodin Ymir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeons View Post
I have my primary build on morde mainly MR pen

-Warmogs
-MRpen shoes (forgot the name) if opponent's team doesnt have many CCs or else Mercury Thread
-Rylais
-Abyssal Scepter
-Void Staff
-Guardian Angel

Is this build viable? I always go this build if there is 1 more pure tank hero in my team.
Replace Warmogs with a Randuin's and the void staff with a lich bane ( I know mana is useless on morde but hear me out)

Randuin's will give you hp regen, health, cooldown reduction, armor and a sweet passive and proc.

Between the Abyssal Scepter and Lichbane you have some good magic resist +90 resist with the pair, factor in the Guardian Angel it makes it 130. With Randuin's and Guardian you have +158 armor which is pretty sweet

The proc on lichbane will effect the main target of mace of spades causing a massive increase in damage.

You will be bulky hit like a truck and have high armor and resistances.

SecretlyRambo

08-12-2010

You are right to focus on MPen, although its usefulness does cap at a certain point unless your foe is building a good amount of MR.

Little known secret: Cooldown Reduction is the other way you murder people with Morde's spells, since his AP ratios aren't fantastic.

Get a Spirit Visage and Randuin's instead of Warmog's.

Yes, Mordekaiser ceases to be your carry when late-game rolls around unless he's disproportionately fed (which will quickly change). If the game goes past the 40 minute mark, you're not murdering people quickly enough. If you do get to that point, Abyssal, Rylai's and Randuin's help you stay useful. Sunfires aren't bad, either, but focus on your "core" build first.

Never tried Lich Bane on Mordekaiser; of course I've usually either decisively won or lost the game by that point, but it sounds interesting. I'll give it a shot sometime.

Wodin Ymir

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretlyRambo View Post
You are right to focus on MPen, although its usefulness does cap at a certain point unless your foe is building a good amount of MR.

Little known secret: Cooldown Reduction is the other way you murder people with Morde's spells, since his AP ratios aren't fantastic.

Get a Spirit Visage and Randuin's instead of Warmog's.

Yes, Mordekaiser ceases to be your carry when late-game rolls around unless he's disproportionately fed (which will quickly change). If the game goes past the 40 minute mark, you're not murdering people quickly enough. If you do get to that point, Abyssal, Rylai's and Randuin's help you stay useful. Sunfires aren't bad, either, but focus on your "core" build first.

Never tried Lich Bane on Mordekaiser; of course I've usually either decisively won or lost the game by that point, but it sounds interesting. I'll give it a shot sometime.
Yea I only tend to build Lich Bane if I get fed or as my last item in a long game, it is lulz when you hit a squishy champ on their own with a mace of spades.

Abyssal Scepter imho should be close to a core item. It gives you magic resist, gives you ap and give the enemy champs a Magic resist debuff for your team.

SecretlyRambo

08-12-2010

Yeah Abyssal is unique in that it's good even if you're already overkill in the MPen department. I play a fair amount of mage-tanks (Cho, Morde, Galio) so I like it quite a bit. More than Sunfire, actually. Good times.

Zeons

08-12-2010

Lich bane is viable for morde? I'll give it a try

KhaoticImp

08-12-2010

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...emicolon.xhtml
Build works like a freakin charm.
This is the only way to build Morde imo.