Explain TT to me

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JevelFaithful

04-25-2012

I'd like to try 3v3, but I just don't seem to figure out how the game is meant to be played. All I know for sure is that it's a gank based game. But it ends there!

What are the game-phases, what are the major objectives, what are the lane setups, what are the roles? What does map control mean in this map? How does the game flow and evolve?
How am I supposed to play? Farm in lane, in jungle? or be mia every 2 sec to gank the other lane?

Th3 Herbalist

04-25-2012

Standard unranked normals lane composition is 1 top, 2 bot. Ranked is usually 1 top, 1 bot, 1 jungle OR I've also seen 2 top, 1 bot - One person is usually a tanky DPS (So someone like Shen, Rammus, Garen, Mundo, etc.), an AP nuker and a jungler.. In ranked, at least.

As for game phases, there really aren't too many as compared to SR. There is a short laning phase early which doesn't have a specific timeframe - it's just until the champs either get the items they need or or the level they need to start killing things.

Always control the jungle. Always. If you don't, you lose. Dragon buff in the center of top jungle is the equivalent of baron - a percentage based damage increase buff along with global gold equaling almost a champion kill for the entire team.

That's pretty much the basics of it, the rest you'll learn as you go (which champs are good, etc.).

JevelFaithful

04-25-2012

It's a start.
MIght sound stupid, but what does controling the jungle means. In term of what do you do for that? Ward ans bully anyone who enters it? Or always have a presence there. I gues taking middle buff every time it spawns is part of it right?

Th3 Herbalist

04-25-2012

Controlling the jungle is making sure the other team doesn't get it. You can do that in a number of ways. If you have a jungler, he should already be doing that - although it's not always possible for just one man to do. Ward up the main jungle pathways (right at red and dragon are the easiest, although there are others you might want as well). Every time dragon is up, try to grab it. It's a significant gold advantage for your entire team plus a damage buff; invaluable in the long run. Think of the dragon buff in 3s as baron is in 5s.

Not sure if that actually explained what you were trying to say, so controlling the jungle is basically making sure the other team doesn't get any (or as little as possible) advantages from it. Warding it won't let them gank as easily, Taking the buffs will significantly disrupt their jungling and ganking, and will give you a huge gold advantage over the other team.

DCTS x PRODIGYZ

04-25-2012

Yeah basically what this guy says and 3v3's are REALLY fun, 98% of my games are on 3's but I am almost a 30 so knowing that in ranked 3's you go 1 top 1bot 1 jungle really helped me TY

Trial By Pain

04-25-2012

I've been playing League of Legends since Garen's release, and never really played TT until recently with 2 friends. We had trouble at first just to understand the differences between it and SR, but after a lot of loses you can easily grasps the important stuff.

I think jungle control is as important as your team composition. Because I find that what makes a huge difference in TT is your lvling rate. If you jungle, you will always be ahead of laners. Controlling the jungle for me means having vision in it, and clearing it. If you do that you'll prevent ganks and lvl faster/have more gold. I guess it sums up what the others said.

Also, try to not wait for a full item before buying. The map is so small you can afford to back often just to get an extra piece of an item. Prioritize flat stats instead of regens, and non-scaling runes. It's all about getting an early advantage.

JevelFaithful

04-25-2012

Thanks guys, that at least clears the jungle part.

So if I got it, people farm untill they get, say, the equivalent of a tier2 item before they start ganking?
And after that it' a game of farming and going mia to gank the other lane or jungle and messing with the other team's plans. Basically imitating the oponnent's movement in the jungle to mess their moves. Kind of like SR-midgame where people are still farming a bit, but at the same time half the team is roaming?

Wheatly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statiqhock View Post
Thanks guys, that at least clears the jungle part.

So if I got it, people farm untill they get, say, the equivalent of a tier2 item before they start ganking?
And after that it' a game of farming and going mia to gank the other lane or jungle and messing with the other team's plans. Basically imitating the oponnent's movement in the jungle to mess their moves. Kind of like SR-midgame where people are still farming a bit, but at the same time half the team is roaming?
Sounds like you got it