Teammates bringing down your elo.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gyoroz

08-12-2011

Hi, I'm consistently one of the best players on my team and I lose a lot due to teammates.

I have to say this is one of the most frustrating things I have ever come across. I'm not saying that I'm like 2000 elo material... I don't really know. But seriously... 5 games in a row lost due to someone leaving/raging/trolling/etc. It's keeping me at like a 1300 rating and it is absolute malarky.

Elo ratings might work remarkably well in 1v1 situations like chess, and maybe the math pans out in 5v5 for summoner's rift... but it seems there are some strange artifacts in the hierarchy of the solo 5v5 ladder. Good players get stuck underneath an invisible ceiling for extended periods of time until they have the good fortune of happening upon other captives who grant them teamwork, respect, and overall good play. (The likelihood of which I find to be very slim under my circumstances.)

I'm not exactly sure what I'm asking for but I wish solo queue didn't require 2000 games to push your way into the appropriate skill range.

Druqz

08-13-2011

Yea this is really getting ridiculous. I get up toward 1200 elo and then lose like 5 games in a row because of bad teammates.

GC Nate

08-13-2011

another thing an avoid player feature would help with.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1086669

nerdkilla

02-05-2013

I feel you. Lost 10 games in a row and went positive in all of them...

lFalse Kingl

02-06-2013

Solo q is not really solo q. You get your team elo, not the one you play at. As long as you get matched with bad players, you will always have their elo and now there is no dodging.