[Minion Champion Concept] Minion Jack, the Champion Slayer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trolosaurus

04-24-2012

Lore
It was just an ordinary day in Summoners Rift. A heated Noxus Vs. Demacia match was in full swing. 20 minutes in and still not a single tower had fallen. Suddenly, the Demacian Nexus sparked violently and proceeded to strike a blue Melee Minion. The match was called to a halt as Summoners arrived to inspect the damage. Miraculously, nothing was wrong, and the Minion struck seemed to be perfectly fine. The match continued as normal... except for one thing. When ordered to dive at the tower, the Minion refused the suicide order and proceeded to make innapropriate gestures towards the Demacian Champion known as Garen. Red faced, Garen prepared to strike down the minion. Moments later, Garen was busy respawning. The match stopped there and then. Never before had a Minion defied orders and attacked a champion. Rallying the Minions of both nexus's to him, he proceeded to perform a hostile takeover of the map. Even the combined might of the Champions were powerless against the swarms of Minions. Only when Summoners stepped in did the insurrection cease.

Rather then be destroyed, Minion SR-M198, who know identified himself as Minion Jack, was brought to High Councilor Heyward Relivash. He shouted that he was tired of the tyranny of the Minions, despite them not even being alive in the first place, and wished to represent them in the League of Legends. Agreeing to this, and not wishing to deal with a Minion uprising, the High Councilor agreed. Minion Jack passed his observation and league judgement quickly, his purpose clear. He died his formerly blue clothes red to distinguish himself from the others, and replaced his wooden shield and hammer with ones of pure iron. Quickly garnering the title, the Champion Slayer, Minion Jack has become a much feared force on the Fields of Justice. He has vowed to pentakill for each and every Minion who has died by champion hands. Already, his win and kill rates have skyrocketed. All who have dared to mistreat Minions in the past will feel the wrath of Minion Jack!

"What?! How dare you point that finger at me! Come here!" - Garen, shortly before becoming the first kill of Minion Jack.

Base Stats
Health: 445 (+80). Health Regen: 6.50 (+0.70). Mana: Manaless. Mana Regen: Manaless. Range: 125. Attack Damage: 49.03 (+2.50). Attack Speed: 0.750 (2.5%). Armor: 17 (+3). Magic Resistance: 30 (+1.5). Movement Speed: 325.

Passive: United We Stand!
Minion Jack will spawn with one Melee Minion and one Caster Minion. They have black clothing to mark themselves out from the rest. They have 50% higher stats then normal Minions. Though they are pets, they cannot be controlled around but Alt + right clicking. They have the same movement speed as Minion Jack, will follow him wherever he goes, and will only attack what he is attacking. If they are somehow separated, they will teleport to Minion Jack. When they die, they give out 3 gold and will respawn in 1 minute next to Minion Jack.

Hidden Passive: I'm Sorry...
When attacking Minions, Minion Jack deals 1 less attack damage.

Q: Back off!
Minion Jack whacks an enemy in the gut with his shield, stunning them for 0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds and dealing 40/80/120/160/200 physical damage (+0.7 per bonus attack damage) When Minion Jack is about to strike, his shield will flash for a half second. Cooldown: 10/9/8/7/6 seconds. Range: 125.

W: Minion Legs are Superior!
Minion Jack and all nearby allies gain a 0.1%/0.2%/0.3%/0.4%/0.5% Movement Speed and Attack Speed boost for every point of health he they are missing for 10/11/12/13/14 seconds. This move can be used to chase after an enemy or to get away from a tough situation. Cooldown: 10/9/8/7/6 Seconds.

E: Remember the Minions!
This ability is toggled. For every friendly minion that dies in his lane while Minion Jack is alive and is within 600 range, Minion Jack gains a 1%/1.5%/2%/2.5%/3% boost in attack damage. This can stack until it is double his attack damage. Example, his attack damage is 60. It would stop at 120. If he kills an enemy Minion then his attack damage receives a 1%/1.5%/2%/2.5%/3% penalty in attack damage which stops when attack hits negative 50% of his current attack damage. Example, he starts killing Minions at Attack 100, before any of his Minions die. It will stop going down at Attack 50. The Minions he spawns in March of the Minions do not count towards this buff. It will reset when he dies and he must stack it all over. Also, it is toggled off when he dies and he must turn it back on. If he turns it off then it will slowly decay overtime. Cooldown: 20 seconds.

R: March of the Minions!
Minion Jack blows a whistle and calls for his friends. At level 1 Ult he summons 3 Melee and 3 casters, and 1 Siege Rider. At Level 2 he summons 6 Melee, 6 Casters, and 2 Siege Riders. At Level 3 he summons 9 Melee, 9 Casters, and 3 Siege Riders. For every 100 AD, Armor, and MR he has, he summons one extra Melee Minion. Cooldown: 90/80/70 Seconds.

Quotes
When Selected: "So, you like Minions do ya?".
Movement: "Righto!" "Minions always get the job done!" "Move up my friends!" "To me brothers!" "Let's avenge our friends!"
When Attacking a Champion: "Bust you up!" "Crunching heads!" "Farm this!" "Quit taking our gold!" "Your gonna pay!" "You'd better run!"
When Attacking a Minion: "Sorry..." "Sorry man" "This hurts me more then it hurts you" "I didn't want to do this!"
Taunt: "We are the superior race!"
Joke: "Towerdiving, the number one cause of preventable Minion deaths."

Minion Jack is an AD Tank/Fighter/Pusher who is adept at pushing down a lane whilst taking lots of hits for his team, like a true Minion.

Tell me what you guys think of Minion Jack. I'm interested to know.

Slayer Kast

04-24-2012

I love this champion so much.

But dear god, his E. That would definitely need a cap, and probably some way to determine from how far he gets a bonus. Perhaps all minions within his visual range? And why would it be toggled instead of passive?

As for his R, how long do the minions stay active? 1 Super Minion following you around at level 6 is going to wreck enemy champions like nobody's business.

NUUDYFIST

04-24-2012

lol iknow right this champion shuld definately come out though but i think he will definately be nerfed.
nice idea though!!

NUUDYFIST

04-24-2012

so cool

Traditional Ahri

04-24-2012

An interesting idea, but I agree with the above comments that some things about him are in need of balance.

Passive: I like this, I would imagine it would give him a little bit of extra pushing power as long as his allied minions are up.

Hidden Passive: This is plain out crippling in a game that is as CS dependent as League of Legends. Suddenly you're earning half the gold the rest of your team is and by late game you've only got a fraction of your build, preventing you from being of any use in team fights or alone. I would suggest either removing this or changing it to be something less detrimental to Minion Jack - perhaps he simply gains a temporary debuff that reads "I'm sorry" similar to when Zilean fights Volibear or the Flippin' Ninja buff.

Q: A stun like this is perfect for maximizing the damage dealt to an enemy who is diving at you through a crowd of minions, which makes sense for a minion based champion : D

W: I like it, but I think it might last a little but too long, although since it requires you to be missing a large amount of health to be extremely potent, perhaps the time it lasts is a good balance.

E: So we assume that Minion Jack goes to bottom lane for whatever reason, where the enemy AD carry is going to be more focused on getting CS to get built then on killing you or your support. 2:00 into the game the first minion wave of 6 minions is cleared, which grants you a 30% AD bonus, 30 seconds later your up to a 60% AD bonus, and not long after that 90%. This ability stacks way too fast and goes way to high to be balanced. You should definitely think about balancing it out with a a cap of some sort.

R: I love this ult, I really do - having a small army following you around would make Minion Jack the ultimate tower pusher, but since you first get your ult at level 6 you're going to have a super minion on the field as soon as you hit level 6 - even late game caster champions like Anivia, Ahri and LeBlanc have trouble fighting Super Minions one-on-one, so this early in game you're going to be completely crushing the enemy AP, and likely the AD as well since they aren't built yet. I would suggest changing the ability slightly so that the minions you summon change based on the Ult's rank (i.e. Rank 1: 3 Melee, 3 Caster, 1 Siege, Rank 2: 5 melee, 5 caster, 1 Siege, Rank 3: 6 melee, 6 caster, 2 siege, 1 super) or something similar.

All in all, great idea, just work on the balance a little bit and you'll have an interesting champion.

Trolosaurus

04-24-2012

Thank you guys for the consideration and input. I have changed a few things.
1: Removed his hidden passive as it is too detrimental.
2: His E now only goes up to 3% boost. In addition, it only works if the Minions are within 600 range.
3: A Super Minion only spawns when the R is maxed, and it has half of the health of a normal Super Minion.

Keep showing feedback, I really appreciate it.

Traditional Ahri

04-24-2012

So far so good, up-voted, but I noticed something that another poster brought up.

His E not being passive doesn't make a lot of sense since this champion has no resource like Mana or Energy. He would therefore have no incentive to ever deactivate this ability once learned, perhaps you could alter the effect so that while this ability is active he actually loses his bonus AD when he kills an enemy minion, that way a player would be challenged to activate the ability when an enemy goes in for a minion kill and you would want to toggle it off whenever you were going to grab CS.

Trolosaurus

04-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KafeiKeton View Post
So far so good, up-voted, but I noticed something that another poster brought up.

His E not being passive doesn't make a lot of sense since this champion has no resource like Mana or Energy. He would therefore have no incentive to ever deactivate this ability once learned, perhaps you could alter the effect so that while this ability is active he actually loses his bonus AD when he kills an enemy minion, that way a player would be challenged to activate the ability when an enemy goes in for a minion kill and you would want to toggle it off whenever you were going to grab CS.
Interesting idea.... I'll add something to that. Also, new hidden passive.

Trolosaurus

04-24-2012

Bumping for feedback

OtakuMaid

04-24-2012

make it real plz riot!!