Is it more worth it to buy Graves or Caitlyn now that they're on sale?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0x6

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-24-2012

I have about 500 rp lying around, and I was wondering which is "better." I'm fairly new, but I mostly play AD carry, and I'm not sure which if either is more worth the rp. Don't see either much at my level, so I was hoping for advice.

Thanks!

wrzp

04-24-2012

If you play AD carry no need to buy gragas...

but cait is a pretty boring AD carry imo, she has the longest auto attack range and is very safe in lane. Compared to the other AD carries she is stronger ealier and in lane (can harass easily) but is weaker late game due to lack of a ad/as steroid.

Hughes De Payens

04-24-2012

Honestly, they're both very good, but are good for different reasons.

Caitlyn falls off late game, but her early game is strong enough that she can do a decent job of keeping the enemy AD Carry down. If your team is running a team composition that falls off late and is trying to secure an early win, Cait is the way to go.

Graves is a late-game carry. His early game is solid and can be used to great effect, but his shining point is how strong he can become late game with IE/PD/BT/LW + 2 defensive items. his passive lets him get pretty tanky for an AD Carry, and his E is a major steroid, giving you +80% AS, which lets him do twice as much damage as caitlyn late game, more or less, and that's without even considering the burst damage he can achieve with his Buckshot and his Ultimate.

They both provide CC. Graves provides a vision CC, one of the only Vision CCs in the game (the only other is Nocturne's Ult, I believe.). Cait's is a stun, which is through her traps. They can be used for laning, as semi-wards, and in team fights.

Overall, I'd say Graves is stronger, but if your team likes going for an early game comp, cait has the advantage there.

TL;DR - Buy Graves.

0x6

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-24-2012

Quote:
If you play AD carry no need to buy gragas...

but cait is a pretty boring AD carry imo, she has the longest auto attack range and is very safe in lane. Compared to the other AD carries she is stronger ealier and in lane (can harass easily) but is weaker late game due to lack of a ad/as steroid.
It says graves :P But thanks for you advice! I'll remember that. Haven't had a chance to play her xP

Quote:
Honestly, they're both very good, but are good for different reasons.

Caitlyn falls off late game, but her early game is strong enough that she can do a decent job of keeping the enemy AD Carry down. If your team is running a team composition that falls off late and is trying to secure an early win, Cait is the way to go.

Graves is a late-game carry. His early game is solid and can be used to great effect, but his shining point is how strong he can become late game with IE/PD/BT/LW + 2 defensive items. his passive lets him get pretty tanky for an AD Carry, and his E is a major steroid, giving you +80% AS, which lets him do twice as much damage as caitlyn late game, more or less, and that's without even considering the burst damage he can achieve with his Buckshot and his Ultimate.

They both provide CC. Graves provides a vision CC, one of the only Vision CCs in the game (the only other is Nocturne's Ult, I believe.). Cait's is a stun, which is through her traps. They can be used for laning, as semi-wards, and in team fights.

Overall, I'd say Graves is stronger, but if your team likes going for an early game comp, cait has the advantage there.

TL;DR - Buy Graves.
Thanks for the advice! I hadn't known much about either champion, but I think I'll be buying Graves then. I'm fairly low level, so I only play in solo queue, but it sounds like if I learn to play him I'll have a really strong AD carry in my arsenal. Thanks!

Kaydence

04-24-2012

Try out graves this week, he's free. If you find you'd like a little more range then but cait. But as they all said it's 2 different types. Graves is beefier and better late, cait is squish but had better range. Personally I'd go graves.

wrzp

04-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0x6 View Post
It says graves :P But thanks for you advice! I'll remember that. Haven't had a chance to play her xP
LOL so sorry! I swear I read gragas haha

Yeah graves is a beast, buy him.

Another really nice aspect of graves is his ease of wave clearing with Q and dashing over/through obstacles with his E.

His bust damage is very strong during lane phase aswell (WEQR fast combo)

TheOneMillion

04-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrzp View Post
LOL so sorry! I swear I read gragas haha

Yeah graves is a beast, buy him.

Another really nice aspect of graves is his ease of wave clearing with Q and dashing over/through obstacles with his E.

His bust damage is very strong during lane phase aswell (WEQR fast combo)
Cait can do both of those (Clear waves and dash through walls), and honestly, i would think cait would be better for lower elo, where you can get fed as all hell with your range abuse and then just wreck the other team.

wrzp

04-24-2012

I find playing AD carry at lower elo can be kinda hit or miss depending on your support (taking cs, not warding or being overly aggresive), graves is more forgiving in this respect and I feel that if you lose lane with cait you are in trouble ><.

Dane Belthound

04-24-2012

I have been ad bot kog lately and have had good success because of his range. Lower elo do not protect you very well. So range is best. Id work cait right now.

Slayer39

04-24-2012

if you want a good carry cait is easy mode. graves takes some skill. landing this q close is very needed. but for me graves is more fun