Cho'Gath for AD Carry!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elements

04-25-2012

Hi, I'm new to the game, still only level 24.

I find that alot of tanks and champions that were not meant to go ad carry can ad carry if they have the right build and the player knows what they're doing.

I've played Cho'Gath as AD Carry a few times lately, and people have said things such as, 'You are the best Cho'Gath I've ever seen' and things like that, which of course is cool and feeds my ego! But I have some good points that I would like to list on why Cho'Gath makes a good AD Carry.

- Feast, 6 stacks and you will have a bonus of 900HP at level 18.
- Rupture, this will stun the enemy and allow you to catch up.
- Vorpal Spikes, this is quite the bonus at the lower levels, I always max this out first, as it does extra damage to any minions/heroes.
- Feral Scream, if you're in a fight you can use this to prevent them from using abilities for a short while.
- High Base AD, Cho'Gath has one of the highest in the game I believe with a base AD of 130 at level 18.
- All of the abilities do quite a bit of damage.
- Escape, it can be quite easy to escape with Cho'Gath in a 1v2 or 1v1 as long as you're good with landing rupture. If the opponent is melee just put a rupture on yourself and leg it!

Cons and how to fix them!

- Speed, Cho'Gath is quite slow, his attack speed is slower then most, and so is his movement speed, ways to counter this is to get Phantom Dancers or Trinity Force, these items will give you more movement speed and attack speed, as well as a critical chance.
- Health, you shouldn't have a problem with this, just make sure to feast up to 6 stacks before level 18!

Any more cons with it, just post and I'll see if I have a solution

Good items for Cho'Gath AD Carry:
- Phantom Dancers, increases his movement speed and attack speed, which is quite slow.
- Blood Thirster, it gives life steal, which is really nice when you get more life from killing minions, and it gives you +100 AD when fully charged, which is also very nice.
- Infinity Edge, this will give more AD and increases the damage of your criticals!
- Frozen Mallet, this will give you even more health and will slow them down when you hit them with basic attacks, making it alot harder for them to escape!
- Beserkers Greaves, this will give you adequate movement speed along with more attack speed!

I'll see if I can get some clips of my Cho'Gath AD Carry in action, as it is pretty fun. What opinions do you guys have on using champions that were meant to be tank or w/e to be a different role such as AD Carry?

Thanks for reading my first post! Congratulations if you made it this far! :P

YakuiNijiura

04-25-2012

I've always been tempted to try AD Cho. And I'm pretty sure he does have the highest base AD.

Kafever

04-25-2012

You don't play AD cho you play him on hit. Malady zerkers greaves wits end etc. Maybe some hybrid items too it won't work in ranked but it's fun to play in low level normals.

Haunchbones

04-25-2012

you should try ap/onhit autlius, Rod/Rylai/wits/malady/cap

Plutonic7

04-25-2012

Its not actually any good but yes since AD scales so well into late game ANYONE can build ad and potentially do well. Its fun to mess around with, but since your not even level 30 do whatever you want the game will change for you at lvl 30 anyways!