Need help from experienced LoL players.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sexual Healing

04-24-2012

Play the free champs, but don;t rely on the champions to make your game good. Focus on how you're getting your champs through laning phase, and understand where, when, and how the champions are strong.

ie. If I'm getting my rear handed to me as viktor early game, I'm 20 cs down and having a bad time, I can just sit on it and wait for my late game to kick in, and know that my team fight presence will be beyond valuable. I can very calmly transition into a hard hitting AP carry role, just knowing I have the right set-up and better scaling to make it work.

Just focus on a specific team role to start with. From there, figure out how and when your champion is effective, and communicate that to the team. You should know how many minions and kills you need to be effective, and about when in the game it should happen. From there, it is easier to choreograph team fights and be on the same page as to what types of objectives the team has as a whole.

Bottomline= understand what your champion needs for feed and exploit the situaitons where the champion excels. I don't think a champion is just doing to show up and change your success by way of the champion type alone though:P

A Space Ostrich

04-24-2012

Thanks to everybody, I've taken these tips into account during and before my games and have seen an improvement, I've just moved to a higher bracket (can tell by the fact that teammates just got less ragey and more like a team) and I have you guys to thank, I've been playing tanks and tanky dps (bruiser), specifically Volibear and Jax, I also tried Ashe out and have determined that squishy characters don't fit my playstyle. I'm getting steadily better and have narrowed down my character choices accordingly, thanks. I'm considering broadening my playing styles to supports as well, so if anyone could give me tips on suport, I'd be grateful.

Sydaen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2012

I'd like to note that if you take comparisons of others for your skill level, you'll never seem to get above the above average skill level, because going higher than there will most likely increase your elo, thus increasing the skill levels of others around you.

A Space Ostrich

04-24-2012

Good point, hehe, What I meant to say was relative ot the team and other players I never got any better after a certain point, I'd always been in the same elo bracket (based on the pathetic excuses for human beings players turn into at that level) and my score would always plateau below that of the best but above that of the others. Figured it had something to do with the fact that I never feel completely happy with my characters, like something is always out of place. Turns out that something was any idea of how to play different types of characters.

A Space Ostrich

04-25-2012

And I think I just made it more confusing.

Dremons

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2012

Dont get Riven or GP. If you want to jump in and deal Tons of Damage™ while still tanking like a boss, pick Shyvana. #1 Solo Top!

A Space Ostrich

04-26-2012

I'm having great succes with tanks and bruisers. I'll keep this on a tab to ask for advice in the future. I'd still like tips on support, I'm a complete noob in that department. Can't support for ****.

TheCrazyNutcase

04-26-2012

If you are playing ranked games, you should know how to play any role.

Nishaven90

04-26-2012

I'm not a particularly good player, but I should advise against you playing AD Twisted Fate. TF is so squishy, has no damage or attack speed buff and also has a really short range. His abilities do magic damage, which is why I suggest you play AP Twisted Fate. More damage, longer range, amazing mid laner.

You need to learn to play Tanks and Support. All of those characters (except Volibear) classify as damage dealers (carries), so to be a truly irreplacable asset to your team, you need to fill in whatever your team needs, not just use a character who can do everything.

A Space Ostrich

04-27-2012

Tank Hecarim is my new fav character. GOT A F**KING ACE WITH MY TEAM AND WON THE GAME, WHOO!