Need help from experienced LoL players.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Space Ostrich

04-24-2012

I've been playing LoL for a while now and have run into a reccuring problem. I can get to a certain level of skill with a character, just slightly above your average Joe. But can never seem to improve beyond that level. I believe its because I have yet to find the right character for my playstyle, I know that one of them will be, just none of the ones I've tried.

Characters I have been good at:

AD Olaf
AD Wukong
Mana Ryze
Lifesteal and Armour Fiora
AD Sona
Armour Volibear
AD Graves
Crit Twisted Fate
AD Jax

I want to be an irreplacable asset to the team. lIt sounds kind of selfish, but I don't like being replacable or unneeded. I like to press the attack or go full defence, no half ways. In smaller battles I'd like to be able to take on muultiple enemies at once, while in team fights I prefer to either initiate or jump in mid way to deal massive damage. Any suggestions as to the character I should play? Any of the ones listed above are fine, as well as a fair few of the more common other characters.

JustCallMeSpud

04-24-2012

AD sona should never be. You hurt your team by doing this. You'd be better off just afk in the base, you're stealing gold from your own carry who can do much better with that gold than you can.

Your description of what you want sounds wildly OP.

If you want to be an asset to your team, win your lane. Practice last hitting, poke, and lane positioning. Buy wards and place them intelligently.

A Space Ostrich

04-24-2012

With no AD carry, AD Sona is very useful indeed, to this day she remains my only pentakill character.

ratki11er

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2012

LOL at a certain point becomes a 5v5 game. Even at the highest ELO's there are really no players that a team has that are replaceable. It sounds like you enjoy playing the carry. I would recommend that you practice your AD ranged bots and AP mids-positioning is super important for the carry. More so then any other role. Remember that you are part of team though or you will never succeed.

WildLeon

04-24-2012

Riven or Gangplank sound to fit your style nicely.

Top lane or jungle work for either although i recommend the former.

Google a riven or gp guide and find one that fits well.

Haen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2012

While some of your build choices are questionable and could be some of your problem, I would also suggest possibly sticking to one role and going from there. Learn AD carries and try focusing on playing AD carries more. Or something along those lines. Focusing on one role and the skills that one role entails will make you a better player and eventually let you branch out as the skills are somewhat interchangeable. Like AD carry will teach you the importance of last hitting and positioning.

Sephïroth

04-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Space Ostrich View Post
With no AD carry, AD Sona is very useful indeed, to this day she remains my only pentakill character.
Seriously, if you play in any 1200+ Elo game, AD Sona will not only get you raged, you will lose. For example, lets say um.... Vayne, and you both have 10 kills and roughly 150 farm. Vayne will MAME you. O==|:::::::::> <3 style.

A Space Ostrich

04-24-2012

Okay, I guess that the AD Sona is only effective in lower skill brackets. Incidentally how do you check your ELO in non ranked or ranked?

Asazen

04-24-2012

Sounds like you like to play characters that can chase down people and have great manuverability. I would suggest Ahri. I play her very frequently in my 1520 ELO and my rin rate is about 70%. She takes a good amount of time to get good at but then you can own

jellypwnage

04-24-2012

I think you'll find one player who disagrees with you. I know a extremely scary 1700+ player who plays a lot of AD Sona in ranked. If you rape any AD carries early game and zone them out of farm (surprisingly easy with AD Sona) you can deny their late game. It works, you just gotta work with it.