What is peeling?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aphora

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2012

peeling is just getting an enemy target off of your ally, this can also be considered as stunning an enemy while your ally escapes, but Doosfin says the more accurate term.

saintbookman

04-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispenser View Post
I thought peeling was more like you harass the enemy to take of their health bit by bit, such that when you do teamfight they're easier to kill.

Kinda like peeling a fruit so it's easier to eat.

I'd say that's more akin to poking before a team fight. A peel just makes it less desirable to attack the ad carry (most times its your ad carry you can peel for any squishy). A nunu ult is also considered peeling because it slows them and dissuades the enemy from staying in melee range to fight your ad carry or else they get hurt a lot.

Politicer

04-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispenser View Post
I thought peeling was more like you harass the enemy to take of their health bit by bit, such that when you do teamfight they're easier to kill.

Kinda like peeling a fruit so it's easier to eat.
That would be what is considered to be poking. Peeling is a huge deal in games like World of Warcraft arena. In league, like WoW, peeling is when you separate a enemy from your high valued carrys.

Professor You

04-23-2012

We just have too many weird lil phrases that can sound incredibly wrong if used out of context. For example, does anyone know the other definition of "snowball"?

Aphora

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor You View Post
We just have too many weird lil phrases that can sound incredibly wrong if used out of context. For example, does anyone know the other definition of "snowball"?
typically a small white ball consisting of solidified flakes of H2O that has been compacted to form a spherical object. but hell what do i know about that I'm a Floridian.

Masquerain

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor You View Post
Snowball is a way to call a champion who becomes better mid or late game, but their early game isn't their best or champions who are considered fed with 3/0. Examples of Snowballs are Teemo and Katarina. Both these champions are fairly easy to be killed 5 minutes into the game, but once they reach 30 minutes or more, it becomes practically impossible to kill them. The term is extracted from what an actual snowball does when you let it roll down a snowy mountain: It's a small snowball at first, but as it rolls more and more, it becomes larger and larger.

BitLion

02-20-2014

I used to think that peeling was when somebody with a low cool down ability hits a champion to nullify a defensive spell/item like a Banshee's, Morgana's Spell Shield, or Sivir's spell shield so that people with long cool down, high damage ultimates can initiate without having their damage cancelled by the defensive spell/item.

Guess I was wrong, lol

OfficerSmiles

02-20-2014

Removing the outer layer of a fruit