Counter: Solo top Rumble

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amoc

04-24-2012

I've found Pantheon to be rather irritating to deal with. His full combo can really get you low without you being able to do much.

Desert Sandstorm

04-24-2012

Magic resist + Sustain or Move speed/Gap closer + Burst. Silence and very long ranged harass are troublesome for Rumble too, but these are uncommon with traditional tops.

Jazsmine

04-24-2012

Bust and mobility (lee sin, wukong, etc) or in garens case silence and spin to win *shrug*

ninja131313

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2012

the problem with rumble is that he doesnt have a counter in partiular.

you just have to buy MR and outplay him.

rumble wants to be a bully in lane so an early gank always helps as well

Desert Sandstorm

04-24-2012

BTW, Garen is trash against Rumble. He might as well be a bot. I consider Rumble a Garen counter, it is that bad. Please don't try Garen vs. Rumble...unless you are playing against me, then go for it. I have seen a few suggestions for Wu Kong too. He does much better against Rumble, but a smart Rumble player will buy and drop down a pink ward at level 3. Wu can still hit hard with Q + E burst, but he will pay for it. Overall, Wu Kong still has a slight edge when both players play well.

Zoning and positioning are huge factors in succeeding or failing.

In any matchup you must assess your advantages:
1. Farming
2. Harrassing
3. Bursting
4. Sustaining

Know your enemy and determine if you can win at least two of the above. If so, press your advantages, if not, play to survive the laning phase and/or get help from your jungler.

ThorHammerz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2012

It sounds like Morde and/or Vladimir could probably hold their own against a rumble when played properly.

breadbocks

04-24-2012

Anybody who can last hit at a range is fine. If he can't hit you with q while last hitting, he can't do anything.

Falseshadow

04-24-2012

I just finished playing a game today vs Rumble, I was solo top as Riven. I did an excellent job bursting him down well into mid game netting several kills, although trying for a quick first blood backfired on me. Thanks for your help guys =)

I think the main trick is waiting for the flamethrower to go on cooldown before making your move, then putting in quick strikes to harass and weaken Rumble until you can go in for the kill.

Desert Sandstorm

04-24-2012

Falseshadow: You just played a moron if he was using Flamethrower (not on you and/or not under his turret) while you were nearby. Don't expect it to go that well against a good Rumble. None the less, good job and good tactics. If he is giving you an opportunity like that you have to make him pay. However, the way you beat a good Rumble is by zoning him from his creeps and forcing him to choose between farming and eating the burst damage Riven delivers so well early.

ThorHammerz: Vlad yes (pool counters Flamethrower very well), Morde, not so much. I have never even had a close fight vs. a Morde top as Rumble.

xWarcrestx

06-24-2012

Mordekaiser counters him really hard