Just Bought Anivia, Any Tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PIayer Support

04-23-2012

Hello everyone,

I just bought Anivia and I was just wondering if any of you could give some tips on her playstyle or just AP mages in general.

Thanks.

IMainMidLane

04-23-2012

Well I am not a pro anivia player, or a pro in general but one thing I see anivias do all the time is level up the wrong ability. You should level up e before q almost no matter what. Also, you should use e only if they are frosted otherwise it does nothing.

Anivia is very blue reliant so try and get your jungle to donate it to you whenever possible. With blue you should use your ultimate to push the lane and farm constantly.

One last thing to touch on....her wall. Anivias best ability is probably her wall. In teamfights if someone is trying to get away, toss your wall and close off their escape route. Anivia's wall is why she is played in high level games. I would say wall placement is what separates good anivias from great ones.

Purpleiswin

04-23-2012

I'm by no means a pro anivia player, I've only tried her once or twice, but I know she's extremely mana hungry, so spamming your skills will leave you worthless for a while, or until you recall. Buying items that give extra mana and mana regen are very helpful, so an early tear of the goddess to later build into an Archangles isn't a bad idea.
Her passive is a life saver against bursty champs with long cooldowns, because they basically have to kill you twice, and if all their damage is high burst but long cooldown, you'll be fine. Just don't get too reckless because your egg lowers your stats by a lot, and melees will rock you. Towers that kill you will go straight for the egg too.

Her Q is a skill shot with an AoE stun. You can either let it fly all the way down it's path where it explodes and stuns, or press Q a second time while the ball is on it's path to explode it early. To get the most damage out of it, you let it fly through your target and explode it behind them because they get damage on impact and from the explosion.
This skill is maxed first or second I believe

Her W is a wall, as you level it up the length increases, it's a utility spell so it's likely best to max last, but get an early point or two, especially when the teamfights start breaking out because a well placed wall will keep targets you don't want out of the fight and targets you want in it. Enemy carry running away through the jungle? Place a wall infront of them and they can't get away. Tank coming in from the jungle? Place a wall to keep em out of the fight while you burst down the rest of their team.

Her E is a single target spell that deals double damage if the target is frosted or something like that. Your Q and your Ult both apply it, so her E is like her nuke, and the 2nd or 3rd spell in combos.

Her Ult is a huge AoE slow and DoT pool, like morgana and Malz pool's.
Anivia's can be kept up for as long as you want, as long as you have the mana to support the cost (40 mana per second I think)
It's good to place it right over a teamfight, it makes your farming 50 times easier, it's spammable, but it drains your mana.

I think a combo will go something along the lines of R (slows and AoE) -> Q (let it pass through, then detonate it for the stun ontop of your ult) -> E for the nuke, W if they try to get away, to keep em under your ult even longer, or block off anybody coming to help them.

Blue Buff is extremely helpful on Anivia, so ask your jungler for 2nd or 3rd blue, first they they don't need it at all. (Champs like Lee Sin, Riven, Shyv, etc)

Stealing enemy wraiths is really easy as well with your ult because you can drop it over the wall.

Building mana and ap are about all you need, Rabadons, Archangels, WotA, Void Staff/Abyssal Scepter, it all depends what your team needs and what their team is building.

Good masteries would probably be something along the lines of 21/0/9, 21 in offense for the ap, 9 in utility for the mana/mana regen and runic affinity for your dependency on blue buff

Anivia overall is really good at farming a lane, lots of AoE, and her egg can save your life against high damage burst champs with long cooldowns and against turret diving champs, because they'd have to stay under your tower to kill you. It doesn't make you invincible, but the fact that they do have to kill you twice makes it an annoyance to get fed in mid lane against you.

Tl;dr
Start Q -> E -> W, but max R -> E -> Q -> W
21/0/9
She's extremely mana hungry

Plutonic7

04-23-2012

Ignore everyone else and use this. This is not my guide it is just a guide from solomid.net that is very good. Please read it all and you will have a good idea how to play her.
Trust me whoever wrote this knows a ton more about Anivia than anyone will post on here~

Use this: http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=80

Demonyte

04-23-2012

rush phantom dancers.. if your really fed get trinity force. Your welcome.

DimirLobotomist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2012

Level up E(frostbite) first always, before attacking ask yourself, does this person have a silence or stun. If they silence/stun you it will turn your blizzard off so don't open with blizzard on them. Other people blizzard > frostbite > wall to force them to stay in the blizzard longer > then if you can get a stun off while inside blizzard go for it and E again. Q takes a chunk of mana so don't starve yourself on a harassment leaving yourself manaless and unable to defend against opposing jungle ganks. Placing that wall on the blizzard so they have to walk a different path around the blizzard to get away is a killer. My method of skill leveling is R > E > Q > W, but i get W rank 2 before q rank 2 for a wider wall and a less mana hungry q early game.

Use your wall to check bushes, it gives vision. Start with boots to close the distance to your stunned victim and E them before they get away. Learn how to avoid skillshots by strafing cause you're squishy.