Best solo top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MLG Lokshot

04-23-2012

Hey everyone i have a huge question the only lane i really do good at is solo top, so i was wondering if anyone has suggestions for solo top. I like to play very aggressively

Edit : What do you guys think of irelia / nidalee / heimer top?

Amoc

04-23-2012

Learn to play other lanes would be my suggestion. The people who say they're only good at one lane are usually the ones who auto-lock at champ selection or chose a 2nd bruiser 10 seconds before the game starts and leave their team screwed.

You'll never be good at any roll until you're at least decent with all of them

Admiral Love

04-23-2012

My advice is to learn as many champs as possible so that you can learn how to counter-pick against the opposition.

If you're playing blind, I would suggest Yorick. He is easy to play, hard to counter, great at racking up big CS numbers, and really great at tower diving.

MLG Lokshot

04-23-2012

Im decent with all but great at top

Amoc

04-23-2012

Riven is a good solo top to be aggressive with. She has great mobility, a stun and can tower dive and get away if done right. The above comments would still be my suggestion though. It doesn't sound like you're hugely experienced (I'm not either for that matter).

MLG Lokshot

04-23-2012

I am semi-experienced i know each position and how to push farm minons / laning phase and also the rest of it but im horribale at positioning myself and when to go in so i want someone thats got a bit of range. i used to play riven and she seemed ok but i want someone that does a tad bit more damage.

SinguIarity

Recruiter

04-23-2012

Yorick can stay in lane for ages.
Teemo is hard to gank after 6.
Riven is really aggresive.

Amoc

04-23-2012

Well you're asking for a couple of different things here Lokshot. You want an aggressive, ranged champion. Well...there aren't really many of those. You could try Vladimir because he's a beefy AP with some range, but I wouldn't say he's an aggressiver burster. Mordekaiser would be another option. He can play very aggressively and his ult is a nice burst. Pantheon is a beefiesh burst assassin with a ranged poke as well.

MLG Lokshot

04-23-2012

I might have to get pantheon then is he viable in ranked?

ToyWatch

04-23-2012

Irelia is one of the best duelist, even after the nerf. She does become an anti noob champ though since u cant auto attack to remain full health like a boss now when under full basic attack harassment by the enemy, and this nerf has made so many noobs cried. So if you are not comfortable with last hitting and strategic laning, dont use her.
Nidalee is very powerful post 6 and pre 16, but she is outscaled late game.
I have seen quite a lot successful lee sin and ww top, u might want to try that.